Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

The Top 10 GameCube Games (According to MetaCritic)

(1/3) > >>

M.K.Ultra:
I used the Best of GameCube games according to Metacritic, ranked by Metascore to come up with this list. I thought it would be fun to discuss our experiences with these games and whether we agree with them being the best of GameCube or not.
After you vote in the poll, post about:
Which game on this list is your favorite? Least favorite?
Did you play these on another console? Which one?
Any of these on your backlog?
What's that Zelda Collector's Edition?
Should I run a similar poll for another console? Which one?

Adrock:

--- Quote from: Bungle4 on October 11, 2022, 07:33:14 PM ---Which game on this list is your favorite? Least favorite?
--- End quote ---
Favorite: Metroid Prime (I used to waffle between this and RE4, but the best version of RE4 is Wii Edition so that how I separate them now)
Least Favorite: Either handegg game by default because I don't play sports sims.

--- Quote ---Did you play these on another console? Which one?
--- End quote ---
Yes, 1-5.

--- Quote ---Any of these on your backlog?
--- End quote ---
Technically, I never beat Soul Calibur II.

--- Quote ---What's that Zelda Collector's Edition?
--- End quote ---
A promo disc that included the OG Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.

--- Quote ---Should I run a similar poll for another console? Which one?
--- End quote ---
If you want. I'm not your mother. Or am I? (I'm not)

SNES, DS, or Switch would be my suggestions.

NWR_insanolord:
I didn't quite know how to count it, because I didn't play three of these games (Metroid Prime, RE4, and Twilight Princess) until they came out on Wii. I voted for them as played, but technically it wasn't on GameCube.

M.K.Ultra:
I voted for any game that I played on other systems. I played Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, and Twilight Princess on Wii. I played Wind Waker on Wii U. I have played all the games on the Collector's Edition on other consoles as well. Of those, Twilight Princess is my favorite, though Metroid Prime is a close second. I am interested in Viewtiful Joe and Eternal Darkness but I have never seen them in the used game stores so I would need a re-release to get access to them.

Mop it up:
For once I agree with a number one, Metroid Prime is indeed the best GameCube game! Although, my own personal fave and most-played is Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I'm a little surprised isn't even on the list. Though I s'pose that series has never been much of a critical darling.

I have Resident Evil 4 for GameCube and Wii, but haven't played it yet. I have Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii not GameCube, I like it a lot as well. Wind Waker is disappointing but still good. I got the Zelda Collector's Edition from subscribing to Nintendo Power and it was the first time I played Majora's Mask. My bro got Eternal Darkness but I never played it meself. I don't have and never played the rest.

My own personal top ten GameCube would probably look something like:

10. TimeSplitters 2
9. Luigi's Mansion
8. Super Mario Sunshine
7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
6. TimeSplitters Future Perfect
5. Battalion Wars
4. Tales of Symphonia
3. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
2. Metroid Prime
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

Navigation