Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Backlaugust 2022: Round 3 so we can break our backlogs and be free.

<< < (3/20) > >>

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on August 01, 2022, 01:40:24 PM ---I think I'm in the mood for some classic gaming. Perhaps it's about time that I dive in the Mega Man X Legacy Collection collection and make my way through this famous and infamous series. These are probably relatively short games too, right?

--- End quote ---
I have played the first 4 Mega Man X games and each can be completed in a session or two (about 4-5 hours). I did get stuck on one of them near the final boss, where I was slightly underprepared and had to keep grinding to refill health containers before attempting the boss again. This made it go on for another hour or two. That might just have been mel. One of these days I will get around to the other games.

Mop it up:
From what I have heard the GameCube X collection is fine, it's just the regular Mega Man collection that's a little wonky. Neither one has the full collection at this point although in the case of the X collection, it's missing X7 and X8 which seem to have some of the worst receptions so perhaps you're actually dodging a bullet there. The regular series has had 9 and 10 since then, and the Legacy Collection 2 also includes all of the paid DLC they released, so if you were to get any of the newer collections, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 would give you the most content you don't already have.

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on August 01, 2022, 02:46:59 AM ---EDIT: I've made the list of games I'm looking to tackle on my Backloggery account if you anyone is really that interested in what I'm thinking of gaming this month.
--- End quote ---
By the way, you forgot to insert a link here. Or perhaps you did this on purpose as a way to gauge if anyone would actually try clicking on it.

Happy Anniversary!

broodwars:
My goal this month is a simple one: to at least finish, if not Platinum, another Kingdom Hearts game, and there have been a lot of them in my replay backlog over the years because I barely touched the HD Collections outside of Birth By Sleep. Been in a Kingdom Hearts mood ever since I pushed myself to finally finish KH3 a week or so ago after having it on hiatus for 3 years.

For the better part of the last week, I've been working my way through Melody of Memories, and I'm pretty far along in that one but it's the kind of game where it's best played in shorter sessions w/ other games buffering it. Right now, I'm looking at possibly finally finishing Dream Drop Distance HD (I stopped playing at Prankster's Paradise all those years ago); finally finishing my Platinum cleanup on Birth By Sleep HD; or finally doing my "real" replay of KH1 HD on Proud mode (I'd previously gotten burnt out doing a "Starting Equipment + No Death + 15 hour speedrun" run).

Been feeling pretty good about my backlog clearing this year, so I'd like to knock at least one of these out before Soul Hackers 2 and the Cowabunga Collection releases later this month.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on August 01, 2022, 03:02:29 PM ---From what I have heard the GameCube X collection is fine, it's just the regular Mega Man collection that's a little wonky. Neither one has the full collection at this point although in the case of the X collection, it's missing X7 and X8 which seem to have some of the worst receptions so perhaps you're actually dodging a bullet there. The regular series has had 9 and 10 since then, and the Legacy Collection 2 also includes all of the paid DLC they released, so if you were to get any of the newer collections, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 would give you the most content you don't already have.

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on August 01, 2022, 02:46:59 AM ---EDIT: I've made the list of games I'm looking to tackle on my Backloggery account if you anyone is really that interested in what I'm thinking of gaming this month.
--- End quote ---
By the way, you forgot to insert a link here. Or perhaps you did this on purpose as a way to gauge if anyone would actually try clicking on it.

Happy Anniversary!

--- End quote ---

Right, of course. Didn't think about MM9 and MM10 and their later releases. Didn't realize the X collection did not have 7 or 8. Thought it was complete. Guess it's in the trash for those two games...

The link should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on August 01, 2022, 07:29:57 PM ---Right, of course. Didn't think about MM9 and MM10 and their later releases. Didn't realize the X collection did not have 7 or 8. Thought it was complete. Guess it's in the trash for those two games...

--- End quote ---

X7 is trash so you're not missing anything gameplay wise.  It's got some damn good music though so I'd recommend listening to the soundtrack on Youtube.  Seriously, the first Sigma boss fight in X7 is one of the best music tracks in the whole series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6sj_tukNk

X8 on the other hand does have its fans, with some people even thinking its one of the better X games.  Me personally, I found it to be pretty meh.  It's not a complete disaster like X7, but half the stages have a stupid gimmick that makes them not very fun to replay.  Maybe you might be one of the people who love it, so its something to think about since the games not universally despised like X7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version