Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Happy 20th Birthday Eternal Darkness

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stratos:
I want to replay this soon. Almost got my wife interested in trying it as something to play together because she thought the psychological effects would be fun to experience.

Also trying to get her to play the Silent Hill Shattered Memories because I think she would enjoy that as well.

lolmonade:
For you Eternal Darkness fans - are there any spiritual successors that come to mind? 

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: lolmonade on July 22, 2022, 11:46:28 AM ---For you Eternal Darkness fans - are there any spiritual successors that come to mind? 

--- End quote ---

Well it's already been 10 years, but I really wish Shadows of the Eternals had got funded.

broodwars:

--- Quote from: ThePerm on July 27, 2022, 01:21:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: lolmonade on July 22, 2022, 11:46:28 AM ---For you Eternal Darkness fans - are there any spiritual successors that come to mind? 

--- End quote ---

Well it's already been 10 years, but I really wish Shadows of the Eternals had got funded.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure if it had been funded, it would have been one of those projects that died anyway...or turned out like Mighty No. 9. Dyack's inability to put a team together and keep them there since Silicon Knights is pretty well-documented at this point. Considering all the projects that came after Eternal Darkness, Dyack doesn't seem to be an altogether competent game designer and project lead.

As for Eternal Darkness successors, there aren't really any other combat-focused cosmic horror games that aren't really about combat (aka "Not Bloodborne"). Probably the closest I can think of in tone is a PS4 & PC game I recently played called Song of Horror, which is a puzzle-centric horror game with an unkillable dark presence that randomly comes after you as you try and break a curse. The game is genuinely unnerving you explore, solve puzzles, and deal with the Presence as it stalks you. I should get back to that game at some point.

Caterkiller:
Song of Horror ay? That sounds pretty fun. I'm going to look into it.

I was in my moms garage and found my cousins old Eternal Darkness. I think my bother sold mine ages ago once I moved out. A lot of nostalgia just looking at that old disc and game case. I'd love it if Nintendo brought it back. The little teases in Smash at least acknowledge its existence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version