Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What are you playing?

<< < (369/370) > >>

azeke:
Played the credits on Hi Fi Rush. Game is not even that deep combat-wise or even well balanced for either first or further playthroughs, but charming art-style, music and freshness of it all really makes me overlook it all.

The graphics on this game is pretty much my Platonic ideal how modern games should look like -- high frames, striking colour schemes, distinctive silhouettes.

Reminds me of Splatoon 1 in a way, where freshness of the concept is so overwhelming it can make people forgive some rough edges. And the game is not even that janky -- it's an extremely polished game, but personally i just had some problems with some of the rhythm mini-games during battles.

lolmonade:
Loop Hero quickly captured me, and i'm chewing through it quickly.  A hero whose lost their memories comes across a small outpost of fellow people trying to piece together their memories and how they break this cycle has just the right amount of mystery and keeps the story engaging so far.  The overarching goal is to get through enough loops of the action to unlock a final boss and finish them off.

I'd almost describe it as a Macro RPG.  You don't directionally control the hero, instead they run across a randomly generated loop, with a camp that acts as the "go" tile from Monopoly (pass go, get health refilled).  Battling is all auto generated when bumping into monsters in that loop.  The map is constructed of tiles, and you receive cards randomly as those monsters are killed, as well as armor/weapons/equipment.  The cards themselves are things like vampire mansions, spider nests, graveyards, etc that when placed on the loop will generate more challenging monsters, but will yield higher rewards when beat.  Other land or structure cards will yield things like higher health max, regenerative health.  There is a good push/pull of trying to decide when to place down cards, because making a loop too hard could prematurely kill you.

There is also a base building portion between loops.  Resources you obtain during the action will allow structures to be built that can add permanent buffs, open up new kinds of resources, and some permanent buffs.  In doing so, the game also meters-out conversations that gives a broader picture of the world you're stuck into.  Like the loops, it's very passive but satisfying.

Having a great time with it, can't recommend it enough, and fortunately it won't take long before you can decide whether it's for you or not.

Stratos:
Been trying to play Advance Wars. Nice throwback and really scratches the itch that Wargroove could never quite itch. Though it is missing some of the more streamlined options that come in Wargroove or even modern Fire Emblem games (auto-turn end when all moves are exhausted, inability to skip the CO animations).

azeke:

--- Quote from: lolmonade on May 05, 2023, 08:59:54 AM ---Loop Hero quickly captured me, and i'm chewing through it quickly.
--- End quote ---

Played it a few times and it's okay i guess if monotonous, but never managed to go past second (?) upgrade.

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: jamesrivers295 on July 27, 2023, 09:03:56 AM ---I recently had the pleasure of playing "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition" and it was an absolute thrill from start to finish. The game follows the story of Geralt of Rivia, a legendary monster hunter known as a Witcher. As Geralt, players are tasked with uncovering the mystery behind a dark force known as the Wild Hunt, all while navigating political intrigue, complex relationships, and dangerous monsters. With stunning graphics and detailed character development, "The Witcher 3" offers a thrilling and engaging gameplay experience. The game is filled with memorable characters, including Geralt's companions such as the sorceress Yennefer and the bard Dandelion. Each side quest is carefully crafted with its own unique narrative, providing hours upon hours of gameplay. The characters and their stories were the true gems of the game, as every interaction felt like a meaningful encounter that would have a lasting effect on the world around me. The voice acting was top-notch and every character felt like a real person with their own motivations and agendas. I especially enjoyed the game's combat system, which was both challenging and satisfying. Fights against stronger enemies required careful planning and strategy, but the feeling of triumph after taking down a powerful foe was incredibly rewarding.

--- End quote ---

Were you playing on Switch? If so, what did you think of the graphics and performance of the Switch port?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version