Author Topic: Madden 11 - GameFlow Babeee!!!  (Read 1959 times)

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Madden 11 - GameFlow Babeee!!!
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »
So, I usually rag on EA, about the small updates, but I tried the demo on the PS3 and I really LOVE the new Gameflow.  Basically, its a way to keep the game moving.  Sort of like watching a live game.  Instead of leaving the action to cycle through plays, the offensive and defensive coordinators choose it.  And then they bark the orders to you Call of Duty style.  IMO its executed very well.  The plays usually pertain to the situation and it makes me feel like a kid again, hitting the field and following the coaches orders.  I'd highly recommend trying the demo, especially since they let you play the whole game (Indy vs Jets).  On top of that, on 4th down, a menu pops up and you can select "Go For It" and it chooses a play to get you in the endzone.  Helps keep the drama going.  When it works, it feels fantastic.  I haven't had much time for games this summer due to music, but I think I'm going to pick this one up and play it through the fall.

The graphics also looks a hell of a lot better, but that could just be memory loss.

Thoughts?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Madden 11 - GameFlow Babeee!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
I reviewed the game in the "Rate the Last Game You Played" thread in Reader Reviews, and gave it a 9. I liked a lot of the changes they made, but I turned off GameFlow without even trying it based on what I'd heard about it. I'd use it on defense, but I don't want to give up control of offensive play calling. I like the removal of the sprint button, I like the ability to have the defense completely run by the CPU by holding A, and I love the new kicking meter. As for the graphics, I don't think the visual quality is significantly better than it was last year, but they really improved the animations.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
They really got a handsome, sexy man for the cover this year.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »
Nice to see I'm not the only one enjoying it.  But hey, Gameflow is good when friends are watching, Pro Tip.

While I was playing today I realized, why aren't there are cheerleader close up animations, or even cheerleaders at all?  Come to think of it, I don't think I ever see them.  Weird.  Was their an incident or something, or just the whole trouble of doing breast augmentation physics?

Further Side Note:  IRL, the Chicago Bears do NOT have cheerleaders.  That is how cheap the McKasky family is.  Sicking isn't it!?   The nerve!!!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:55:04 AM »
You don't really see cheerleaders that often, I think most games you see them for maybe 1 minute (even when adding up all their total time). They probably figured it wasn't worth it since it doesn't impact games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »
This is the first Madden I have played on the new consoles(360). I really am enjoying it. Playing with my friends online is tons of fun.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf