Author Topic: Oh Em Gee iPhone 4 yay!11  (Read 35667 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Oh Em Gee iPhone 4 yay!11
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »
Who gives a ****. I don't even care enough to make fun of it anymore. Get one if you want, it sucks already and it's the same phone you've been buying for 4 years now, except with a higher resolution that will be completely unnoticeable on it's 3.5" screen. At least it's cheaper than usual (I think).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Oh Em Gee iPhone 4 yay!11
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
no links to the reveal?

no front facing camera?
does it do video yet?

where's the 3D screen?

what is the MP of the camera?
dual flash?
4G?

is there anything to get excited about?

How does it stack up to the HTC EVO 4G?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Oh Em Gee iPhone 4 yay!11
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:17:42 PM »
I'm excited for more lawsuits against press leaks and stuffs.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:20 PM »
Dude this phone looks so sick for 2 main reasons....

1. It has two cameras (front facing/forward facing) and can record 720p video at 30 fps.

2. It will be jailbroken almost immediately so video calls over 3G will definitely be possible (instead of the only WiFi restriction they have on it).

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/burnette/top-8-err-9-features-of-apple-iphone-4/1954
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »
Anything about a new iPod Touch?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
Yeah, there's a new OS coming that allows multi-tasking among other things on June 21st. It's also free.

But I just looked up the phone that BnM posted and it's the best phone I've seen yet. Completely blows the **** out of the iPhone. I wonder how it'll fair though, once the iPhone is jail broken.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
Anything about a new iPod Touch?

Historically, that has happened in September at the big iPod event they usually have.

Who gives a ****. I don't even care enough to make fun of it anymore. Get one if you want, it sucks already and it's the same phone you've been buying for 4 years now, except with a higher resolution that will be completely unnoticeable on it's 3.5" screen. At least it's cheaper than usual (I think).

If you truly didn't care enough, you wouldn't have created an entire thread to troll it. You're clearly not paying attention if you think that its been the same phone for four years. It's obvious you're an anti-Apple fanboy, and it would probably be best if you just avoided the subject from now on instead of going out of your way to bash everything the company does.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
Yeah, there's a new OS coming that allows multi-tasking among other things on June 21st. It's also free.

But I just looked up the phone that BnM posted and it's the best phone I've seen yet. Completely blows the **** out of the iPhone. I wonder how it'll fair though, once the iPhone is jail broken.

Just so you know I've been playing the the EVO 4G till late last night.
It does Skype video chat, and I think it records a 720p too.
The screen is HUGE and I'm loving it.

I'm not gonna switch to Sprint for it (yet) since I really want to check out the Incredible before hand then wait a week or 2 to see whats next in cellphone land.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 05:00:38 PM »
Now that you've forced me to reply - yes, it is the same phone every year. Of course it's improved (arguably) every year, but it's still the same phone. BTW, 5MP camera, video calls only over 3G (not a 4G phone), and also...video calls only with other iPhone 4's, since it's the only phone in the US that supports this. Again - same phone, a few improvements, new suck-ass data plans, weak camera (can a 5MP camera really do 720p video?), still stuck on AT&T.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
720p is only 0.9MP.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
The 0.3 megapixel cameras on the DSi are equivalent to standard definition TV; 5 megapixels is many times more than is necessary for 720p. The trick isn't having a camera that is capable of that resolution; it's having hardware that's capable of encoding the video in real time. And fine, the iPhone is the same every year in the sense that any product that gets updated regularly is the same every year, but at that level I don't understand what your point in saying that is.

J.P. Corbran

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »
So is the 3DS going to have enough PSi to compete with the Iphone 4's megadefinitions or not?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »
Damn, I just read more about this and it turns out it only goes up to 32 GB. I was counting on being able to get one with 64. Oh well; I'll just have to cut back on the video I put on there. My iPad is much better suited to that anyway, and AirVideo and Netflix make storing a lot of video on the device unnecessary.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:20 PM »
Despite Brandogg's complete disinterest, I'm quite excited and plan on getting one since I skipped the 3GS.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 09:07:39 PM »
I haven't seen anything on the iP4, but can someone tell me how they think it stacks up to the HTC EVO 4G?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »
Who gives a ****. I don't even care enough to make fun of it anymore.

Uhhhhh....Considering you started the thread, YOU do.

ANYWAYS.......I can't wait.  I've been limping along with a busted a$$ 2g model the last two years.  This will definitely be an upgrade for me.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 10:18:14 PM »
I just wanted to make the thread first.

How does it stack against the Evo 4G? It doesn't. The Evo 4G has a 1Ghz snapdragon processor (which I've read can be overclocked to 2Ghz), 8MP camera, 720p recording (and video output over HDMI), 4G (where available), removable storage up to...however much you want to add, real GPS, cheaper plan, no need for iTunes...the only thing that sucks about the Evo is it's on Sprint.

I will admit that video calling is pretty cool, but since it's locked to WiFi, it actually sucks, you might as well just use a laptop and a webcam.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
I'm excited, I'm going to upgrade!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
I just wanted to make the thread first.

How does it stack against the Evo 4G? It doesn't. The Evo 4G has a 1Ghz snapdragon processor (which I've read can be overclocked to 2Ghz), 8MP camera, 720p recording (and video output over HDMI), 4G (where available), removable storage up to...however much you want to add, real GPS, cheaper plan, no need for iTunes...the only thing that sucks about the Evo is it's on Sprint.

I will admit that video calling is pretty cool, but since it's locked to WiFi, it actually sucks, you might as well just use a laptop and a webcam.

Now can you tell me how the EVO lines up with the Incredible?

And Sprint is actually a pretty good network as it shares it 3G with Verizon, but their 4G is on the wrong tech.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »
I haven't seen anything on the iP4, but can someone tell me how they think it stacks up to the HTC EVO 4G?

Here's something from some a little less biased. Here's a more robust comparison.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:52 AM »
The A4 chip is 1Ghz and the iPhone 4 can record 720p video at a higher frame rate. You can make agruments on the other things you mentioned (like removable storage adds cost, what's "real" GPS, etc), but I think it's fair to say that the phones are quite comparable.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
720p video on the Evo actually sucks, I really don't think it will be good on the iPhone either. I forgot the Evo does video calls too. I kind of want an Evo actually, but Sprint sucks (at least around here, and in most of the country) and I almost think the screen is *too* big. Same with the HD2.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 12:31:35 AM »
I have that concern with the EVO, too.  Yeah, the size would be great to watch video on, but that's not something I'm gonna want to carry, plus the battery is questionable. Apple is selling an iPhone version of iMovie for video editing, so hopefully the video itself will be well done.
Also, from what I've read, video calling on the Evo is Evo to Evo only, exactly like on the iPhone4. Hopefully once the feature becomes more mainstream, we'll have real video calling in our phones.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »
Evo can accept incoming video calls from things like skype as well though.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 03:30:39 AM »
I'm loving the stupid opinions from this dangerous new breed the Anti Mac Fanatic. These guys re basically terrorists. Brandogg has said some pretty stupid things but so far the stupidest opinion on the iPhone yet has to goto Aussie-Nintendo suer Kiru
Waste of money for the users of Apple. You can get much cheaper phones that do practically the exact same things out there. And they don't keep releasing stupid updates every month or so.

Here's teh facts: Apple have made a new phone witha  bullshit resolution screen and ridiculous battery life for it's features. The end.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.