Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1550463 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1425 on: July 29, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
What the ****, why can't I edit my post? Why the **** is the formatting fucked up? ****?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 29, 2010, 11:30:23 AM »
Ip Man - 8/10

I loved the 10 on one fight.  He has this whole punching style where he never puts all his effort in one punch so instead he just punches the guys like 10 times a second.  The speed is ridiculous.

If you enjoyed it their is second one you might be interested in.  I don't know if it has English yet but it has been out for months, I have only seen a little bit of it though.  The setting it quite a bit different and involves him fighting a western boxer.  Now we both probably picture him kicking the **** out of the boxer in 10 seconds but they keep forcing him to fight with more and more boxing rules.  It also has a cameo of a young Bruce Lee.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 29, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 29, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »
Ip Man - 8/10

I loved the 10 on one fight.  He has this whole punching style where he never puts all his effort in one punch so instead he just punches the guys like 10 times a second.  The speed is ridiculous.

If you enjoyed it their is second one you might be interested in.  I don't know if it has English yet but it has been out for months, I have only seen a little bit of it though.  The setting it quite a bit different and involves him fighting a western boxer.  Now we both probably picture him kicking the **** out of the boxer in 10 seconds but they keep forcing him to fight with more and more boxing rules.  It also has a cameo of a young Bruce Lee.
I'm waiting on the English dubbed DVD Release to hit Netflix.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1429 on: July 29, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
If you go in to a dream, there's something different about the totem. That was the whole point. If you had it, you know you entered a dream. Knowing things about it means you know how it'll act in a dream (spin forever) and how it'll act in real life (it falls eventually).
Also, if someone brought you in to a dream (like guy they were doing the whole Inception thing on), they wouldn't have their totem.

Why not?  The dreamer fills the dream with people from their subconscious.  What's stopping them from having things?  Also, when Cobb was in Saito's limbo, he had his totem with him.

Because I don't know you have it, so you don't have it. If you put it there after the fact, you change the dream the projections start attacking you. If you'll remember in the first layer of the inception job, that one guy pulled a grenade launcher out of nowhere. But, you'll also remember that as the girl built things in Cobb's dream (when he was showing her the ropes) the projections started attacking her.

But with the spinning totem, how does being in a dream change how physics interact on it? The architect don't know about your totems and neither does the person whose dream you're entering, so how can it just spin indefinitely? What determines that?

Exactly.  I'll buy that the architect wouldn't know the weight/mass of the item - but not knowing "Hey, that top should fall over." is also a bit of a reach.

Because in dream world physics doesn't work like normal. A spinning top that spins forever would seem normal in a dream, so the dreamer wouldn't think to make it fall.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 29, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »
i thought that guy on Ip Man looked familiar, it is the same dude from Drunken Tai Chi..which is GREAT
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 29, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »
Because in dream world physics doesn't work like normal. A spinning top that spins forever would seem normal in a dream, so the dreamer wouldn't think to make it fall.

But what determines that? It's not the dreamer and its not those who entered it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 29, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
Because I don't know you have it, so you don't have it. If you put it there after the fact, you change the dream the projections start attacking you. If you'll remember in the first layer of the inception job, that one guy pulled a grenade launcher out of nowhere. But, you'll also remember that as the girl built things in Cobb's dream (when he was showing her the ropes) the projections started attacking her.

However, as they showed, the heist-men studied their marks beforehand.  It's not like anyone seemed to keep their totems secret.  If you know me or studied me, you'll probably know what my totem is.  And, again, when Cobb was in Saito's limbo, Cobb had his totem with him - why would Saito have created his totem?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 29, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
Ip Man 8.8/10 - a good kung fu master movie, reminds me of Fearless...similar era

Drunken Tai Chi 8.5/10
I bought it for a dollar, but it is great. It is directed by Wu Ping Yuen, and is comedic. Its kinda like Drunken Master.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJYikokCOU
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:23:10 PM by ThePerm »

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 30, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

However, as they showed, the heist-men studied their marks beforehand.  It's not like anyone seemed to keep their totems secret.  If you know me or studied me, you'll probably know what my totem is.  And, again, when Cobb was in Saito's limbo, Cobb had his totem with him - why would Saito have created his totem?

Saito was in Cobbs Limbo I thought. When they went and Mal was there that was Cobbs Limbo and then Cobb said he was going to find Saito.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 30, 2010, 01:16:25 AM »
Inception deson't have to make sense. It's all a dream.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1436 on: July 30, 2010, 01:39:01 AM »
But what determines that? It's not the dreamer and its not those who entered it.

It's the sole fact that you're in a dream.

Saito was in Cobbs Limbo I thought. When they went and Mal was there that was Cobbs Limbo and then Cobb said he was going to find Saito.

I was under the impression that limbo was just an infinite expanse that was shared by anyone who entered it and Cobb just spent time exploring it until he found Saito.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:41:00 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 30, 2010, 02:15:27 AM »
The Yes Men Fix The World

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AWESOME/10

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1438 on: July 31, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »
I just got back from seeing Inception and yes it can be very confusing. I missed like the first 10 mins of it so I might have missed something important.

Anyways what I'm wondering about is is at the end did Cobbs totem fall down at the end? They never really show if it does or not. It looks like it is slowing but it doesn't show for certainty.

I really liked the fight scenes at the end of the movie. There is lots of symbolism in the movie I'm told and will have to get it on DVD to delve deeper into it.

I'd give it a 4/5 because it was somewhat had to follow.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #1439 on: July 31, 2010, 02:18:45 AM »
I saw Inception tonight too. I though didn't find it hard to follow or be confused by anything. I wasn't surprised at all that the spinning top wasn't shown. Completely leaves it open to a sequel one way or the other. Did Cobb create the ultimate dream in limbo? Or is he really in reality? Is the fact that he saw his children's faces an indicator that he is in the real world, or was it a sign that he finally forgave himself over his wife's death? Oh, so many questions, eh? Good flick. Makes you question what reality is as much as the first Matrix.

As for why Cobb's totem was with him and who created it, it probably was Cobb no matter who's dream he was in. If you recall when they wanted to get out of the warehouse in the van and the guy on the roof had them pinned down, [that one guy] was using a rifle, and [the other guy] says he's thinking too small and pulls out a grenade launcher... Where'd that come from? These items must be a construct of their creation. Same with the train running through downtown. Another word about Cobb's totem, the top spins and teeters in a specific way. Someone can watch him and see he has a top, but Cobb is the only one who knows how it feels and spins. I would say that as part of his training, he never brings his totem with him in a dream, unless there is a reason, such as the one to convince Saito who he is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:27:06 AM by bustin98 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: July 31, 2010, 04:33:56 AM »
Hot Tub Time Machine - We need more comedies like this/10

that's all I'm gonna say about the movie, but where the F*** are all the special features on the DVD?
I only check the special features on  movies I like, and I was very disappointed to find none on this one.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 31, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
Going to see Inception again in Imax!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 31, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »
Hot Tub Time Machine     George MacFly is in it/10

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 04, 2010, 03:31:00 AM »
Kick-Ass   8.8/10

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1444 on: August 04, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
I want to see The Human Centipede, but I think I'm too flat-out disturbed by the premise.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 04, 2010, 07:29:37 PM »
I want to see The Human Centipede, but I think I'm too flat-out disturbed by the premise.

"100% Medically Accurate"???

And what does it mean by 1st sequence? Will it be a trilogy or something and the second one has the victims on a killing rampage?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 04, 2010, 08:05:02 PM »
In the 2nd sequence he feed them corn to see if it does infact survive multiple digestive tracts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1447 on: August 04, 2010, 08:20:03 PM »
In the first movie the doctor had three people linked together ass-to-mouth, the director has said the sequel (coming out next year) will have 12 people linked together as a centipede and will be even more graphic and disturbing. He is thinking about doing a third movie depending on how people react to the second one.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 04, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
In the 2nd sequence he feed them corn to see if it does infact survive multiple digestive tracts.

I half wonder if that was part of the purpose of the scene where they are tied together on the floor centipede style. I'm sure they were not actually sugically made into the centipede at that point but the mad doc more 'helping them get used to how they will be'.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1449 on: August 05, 2010, 04:08:20 AM »
Read the Wikipedia article. The whole thing. Not gonna see it. Not sober, anyway.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.