Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545732 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1350 on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
I should be seieng Predators in the next few days.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 08, 2010, 11:16:05 AM »
I should be seieng Predators in the next few days.

You don't see Predators, Predators see you.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #1352 on: July 08, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
Reviews for Last Airbender should not be told in words, but in pictures:

Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 08, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »

That looks like a Kung Fu Dance Fight Music Video.
It looks like it's choreographed to that Soulja Boy Tell'Em song "Crank That"

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 08, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »

That looks like a Kung Fu Dance Fight Music Video.
It looks like it's choreographed to that Soulja Boy Tell'Em song "Crank That"

Yeah, that's seriously the worst sequence in the entire movie.  Just compare that with this and you'll get the full grasp of the sheer scope of Epic FAIL there.  Considering Toph is my favorite character in Avatar, I shudder to imagine how M. Night would butcher her awesomness if he was somehow granted clearance to make a movie covering Book 2.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
Oh, I've seen the cartoon and loved it, but I tempered my enthusiasm for the movie after remembering how I didn't like the last few M. Night movies.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 09, 2010, 06:03:32 AM »
Terrible scene.  I don't even know why those guys were even captured.  The prison isn't an oil rig like the show.  Aang comes in and gives Katara's speech and then basically says "There's earth all around you!" because everyone forgot.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 09, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »
yes yes, it is idiocracy of kung fu... just pick up the rocks and throw them....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1358 on: July 09, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
Hey, "Predators" came out today. I'll have to see that with some friends and report on its awesomeness.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
Terrible scene.  I don't even know why those guys were even captured.  The prison isn't an oil rig like the show.  Aang comes in and gives Katara's speech and then basically says "There's earth all around you!" because everyone forgot.

Wow...

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 10, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »
Oh, I've seen the cartoon and loved it, but I tempered my enthusiasm for the movie after remembering how I didn't like the last few M. Night movies.

Looks like he wants to do some more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a241089/shyamalan-to-make-airbender-sequels.html

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 11, 2010, 12:40:22 AM »
I just got back from Predators.  For this who liked the others, particularly the first one, it is highly recommended.  It is definitely in the same vein (haha) as the first one, with several nice references to it.  Having a whole bunch of people who don't know each other, have completely different roles in life and personalities, and don't necessarily get along lends to more interesting character interaction a wider variety of fights.  There are also a couple good twists at the end (all painfully obvious, but cool to see in action nonetheless). 

My friends who aren't familiar with the predator movies found it fairly scary and had a lot of surprises.  Me, having watched the predator movies a few dozen times each and having read practically all of the comics, there weren't much in the way of surprises but the action was still cool.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 11, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »
Does it make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus for seeing it like the first Predator? Be cause damn if I want to see what happened to Hopper's team.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 11, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »
I'm afraid there is only a brief explicit discussion of the first movie, more or less the same as the discussion about it in the second movie.  The references I was mentioning are similar lines or similar events.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 11, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
The Last Air Bender was the worst movie I have seen in a long time. The special affects were terrible! Momu and Apa looked terrible in certain scenes. Any time Ang ran up walls or did head springs it was laughable! The bending looked just as bad! Much of it was traditional chinese martial arts and it just made the actual bending during battles appear so slow! Ang swinging his lame glider/staff around was absolutely pathetic! Except for the Tai Chi, most of the martial arts was laughable.

I like how it did follow the actual tv series as far as story went, but since it is all condensed in less than 2 hours, you can't care about anyone! When the so called sad parts happen, who the heck would care? Even if you do watch the animation? The acting was god aweful most of the time. Except for most of the fire nation guys, I found them enjoyable to listen to.  The story went too fast, and it hardly had any epic scale to it.

Oh and how about the "epic money shots"? Did there have to be a slow motion shot of every fight scene? Everytime something like that happened I could only pick out the flaws in how bad everything looked.

HATE HATE HATE! 3/10
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: July 11, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »
I love you beth cooper this wasn't as bad as everyone said it was/10

i didn't make the mistake of watching it at the theaters. I watched it on cinemax and was making hamburgers while watching it. It had some legitimately funny scenes like the towel fight. Pretty cliché teen movie, but not the worst thing I ever saw.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1366 on: July 11, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
ThePerm is wrong. "I Love You Beth Cooper" is a crime against the media form.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1367 on: July 11, 2010, 11:20:15 PM »
Sorta related, I hate any movie Michael Cera is in. He was good on Arrested Development, but all of his movies are the crap that teenagers high on drugs think are somehow funny.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 17, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
Tron 8/10, i would like to give it a lower score, but its score would only be lower because i am too used to better graphics. If the same movie i just watched had the upcoming sequels graphics then that would be awesome.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 17, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
Tron 8/10, i would like to give it a lower score, but its score would only be lower because i am too used to better graphics. If the same movie i just watched had the upcoming sequels graphics then that would be awesome.

Don't say that too loud...they may hear you and do a remake...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1370 on: July 19, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
Predators: GET TO THE CHOPPA/10

So awesome. Watched the first movie the night before, and I'm glad I did. Predators makes several awesome references to it. There's a pretty cool swordfight between a Yakuza dude and a predator, but the final fight between Adriann "Sexual Tyrannosaurus" Brody and the "spider-faced" Predator (it's hard to explain) takes the cake.

I will say that Topher Grace's "twist" toward the end is really, really stupid. Totally out of left field, and doesn't make any sense in the context of the story. If the Predators want able prey, they wouldn't cheat like that.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:15 PM »
Inception 10 out of fucking 10.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1372 on: July 20, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »
Back to the Future: Apathetic Meh/10

Having not seen this film for the better part of two decades, I was interested to see if I'd like it. I sort of did, and sort of didn't.

Back to the Future 2: Let's Reuse Footage/10
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Insta-fail.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 21, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Back to the Future: Apathetic Meh/10

Having not seen this film for the better part of two decades, I was interested to see if I'd like it. I sort of did, and sort of didn't.

Back to the Future 2: Let's Reuse Footage/10
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Insta-fail.

Now just watch part 3. You will find that for some reason, all the grandparents of those who lived in 1985 look exactly like their grandkids. Spooky...  :D
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1374 on: July 21, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »
Part II wasn't that bad IMO; it was nowhere near as good as the first, but it was not all that bad. Part III gets too much hate, it's a pretty decent movie.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20