Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243356 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2008, 11:45:52 PM »
Is it online? I can't remember if that was confirmed or not.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 17, 2008, 02:43:07 AM »
Yeah it's online, and should be significantly better online than off because everyone will be human instead of most of them being CPU.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:30 AM »
Yeah it's online, and should be significantly better online than off because everyone will be human instead of most of them being CPU.

Online matchups takes about 1 minute to set up. It's amazingly fast and is very fluid. I played 3 hours of races (one after the other), 3 days in a row and i was on a skype call at the same time and never hit a single blip. That said, we don't have brawl so i don't know how it will play out for you guys.

I said this since MK64 and i'll say it again: Rainbow Road should come with an epilepsy warning.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 17, 2008, 12:11:40 PM »

Online matchups takes about 1 minute to set up. It's amazingly fast and is very fluid. I played 3 hours of races (one after the other), 3 days in a row and i was on a skype call at the same time and never hit a single blip. That said, we don't have brawl so i don't know how it will play out for you guys.

I said this since MK64 and i'll say it again: Rainbow Road should come with an epilepsy warning.

Uhh, wait on Rainbow Road of the 64 game is bad? I never noticed and it is my favorite level.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 17, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
On 64 i can't play Rainbow Road without getting thumping headaches. It don't happen anymore, but i still think anyone who is photosensitive would hate that level.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 17, 2008, 03:25:15 PM »
On 64 i can't play Rainbow Road without getting thumping headaches. It don't happen anymore, but i still think anyone who is photosensitive would hate that level.

Hm interesting, I don't know anyone who is photosensitive, so I have never seen someone complain.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »
If you're photosensitive, you're supposed to ask you doctor before playing any video games. Has Nintendo really failed to hammer that information through our skulls?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 18, 2008, 03:51:33 AM »
There is always one idiot in the world. At least one.

I'm grateful i don't get headaches over it now (it musta been me at the time), but i have a cute fondness for swearing at the tv when i'm losing miserably instead.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 19, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
That said, we don't have brawl so i don't know how it will play out for you guys.

Word on the internets is that online play is smooth as silk, which I can come to a safe conclusion that this was made with online play in mind. Brawl... too many random factors to come to a solid conclusion.

I haven't checked the previous pages, has anyone gotten a rotten online experience?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 20, 2008, 04:11:57 AM »
It's okay people, IGN gave it an 8.5! The 7.9 Double Dash Debacle can finally be laid to rest.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #535 on: April 20, 2008, 05:20:53 AM »
Does it have custom kart skins?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 20, 2008, 05:30:05 AM »
I has BabyDaisy This may confuse you and possibly put your DNA in a public database.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 20, 2008, 11:54:46 AM »
That said, we don't have brawl so i don't know how it will play out for you guys.

Word on the internets is that online play is smooth as silk, which I can come to a safe conclusion that this was made with online play in mind. Brawl... too many random factors to come to a solid conclusion.

I haven't checked the previous pages, has anyone gotten a rotten online experience?

No. I've played more than 50 times and had no bum matches.

It's okay people, IGN gave it an 8.5! The 7.9 Double Dash Debacle can finally be laid to rest.

IGN UK gave it 8.9.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 20, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
Nobody cares about the IGN UK

Just kidding, God save the Queen.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »
Nintendo came to Denver today with a truck full of Mario Kart Wii.  After spending some time w/ the wheel and the game, I can sum it up with this:  "Mario Kart Wii is gimped, but still walking and a decent time".

There's a lot I could gripe about but my biggest complaint is racing against humans online or off is just so slooooow.  It really feels like gong through mud unless you hit a power arrow or take a shroom.

Its a pity The Big N didn't spend more time w/ it.  I'll still have fun w/ it I'm sure, but it could have been so much sweeter.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2008, 09:09:50 PM »
I like the fact we can use AI bots in the multiplayer modes.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »
Nintendo came to Denver today with a truck full of Mario Kart Wii.  After spending some time w/ the wheel and the game, I can sum it up with this:  "Mario Kart Wii is gimped, but still walking and a decent time".

There's a lot I could gripe about but my biggest complaint is racing against humans online or off is just so slooooow.  It really feels like gong through mud unless you hit a power arrow or take a shroom.

Its a pity The Big N didn't spend more time w/ it.  I'll still have fun w/ it I'm sure, but it could have been so much sweeter.
What cc was it?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

What cc was it?

I doubt Ninty would have the highest speed/difficult setting in a more casual-oriented "check this game out" type of session...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 21, 2008, 12:36:37 PM »

What cc was it?

I doubt Ninty would have the highest speed/difficult setting in a more casual-oriented "check this game out" type of session...

They actually had the game as was, I was able to tweak the options as I desired.  Addtionally, IGN stated the online runs in 50cc.  Its definitely been slowed down.

On the other hand though, the wheel felt real nice and responded well.  I've give The Big N credit for that.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 21, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »
Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 6666 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 22, 2008, 01:24:31 AM »
The online isn't 50cc, it's whatever mode you've just done in single player. So with a bunch of players who've beaten the game, it'd be 150cc. IGN exposed as non-gamers.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 22, 2008, 06:28:25 AM »
Sorta wondering why there is no FC thread yet or is the game not officially released until it's out in the US?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 22, 2008, 06:51:31 AM »
Who needs a friend code thread, just add everyone to your Wii's friend list and invite them through the Mario Kart Channel.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 22, 2008, 11:13:51 AM »
I saw the commercial last night.  It's not a "Wii would like to play" ad.  Apparently Nintendo's going back to their incomprehensibly weird commercials now.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:26 PM »
I saw the commercial last night.  It's not a "Wii would like to play" ad.  Apparently Nintendo's going back to their incomprehensibly weird commercials now.

Something about that ad made me very uncomfortable......