Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio: Forum Cast (RFN Doppelganger Podcast)  (Read 26272 times)

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Free Radio: Forum Cast (RFN Doppelganger Podcast)
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 05:16:00 AM »
I strongly disagree with the idea of trophies/achievements being an indicator about how skilled you are. Though there are many games where the achievements are hard to get (e.g. Bayonetta, where you need to beat the game on higher difficulties to get trophies), there are also many games out there where it's a walk in the park to get a platinum trophy – and yes, people buy these games because they want to brag with how many trophies/achievements they have despite those being recieved through simply playing a game like Megamind. Then there are games where you can get about 80-90% by simply playing through the game normally and the rest just means taking your time to level up or doing something blatantly stupid like the 9000 meter fall in Portal.

Rewards for being highly skilled at a game should be things that can really give you an advantage in the game. Better weapons, special skills – you name it. But NOT something that people can or will use as an e-penis.

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »
Pretty good overall, especially for a first attempt. The one thing that bothered me though was that the group all seemed to have the same opinions on things. When somebody said something, it was usually met with a resounding "Yeah." Basically what that amounts to is a lot of monologuing. In one instance, there was a disagreement about 999, but nobody offered a counterargument so it just kind of fizzled out.

Don't wanna be too harsh though. I'm sure it would be just as difficult for me if I were in that position. Speaking of which, I've always wanted to do a video game podcast. If you're gonna switch up the cast, I'd love the opportunity to give it a shot. I am a younger guy, so I might be able to bring a different take on things, for what that's worth. :P

But regardless, good job. I'll keep a lookout for any future episodes.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »
Pretty good overall, especially for a first attempt. The one thing that bothered me though was that the group all seemed to have the same opinions on things. When somebody said something, it was usually met with a resounding "Yeah." Basically what that amounts to is a lot of monologuing. In one instance, there was a disagreement about 999, but nobody offered a counterargument so it just kind of fizzled out.

Yeah, listening to the podcast, I had the same issue.  And, honestly, I think we're all aware of what the main problem probably was: we were seriously intimidated by the clock as the show went on.  We had a lot of games to cover, and it seemed like we were taking too long to cover them, so I know I at least cut back on a lot of the "chiming in" I would otherwise do on the other panelists' games.  We're already making corrections in the planning stages for Episode 2 a few weeks from now that should allow us to have a much more natural and hopefully more lively flow.

Don't wanna be too harsh though. I'm sure it would be just as difficult for me if I were in that position. Speaking of which, I've always wanted to do a video game podcast. If you're gonna switch up the cast, I'd love the opportunity to give it a shot. I am a younger guy, so I might be able to bring a different take on things, for what that's worth. :P: : :

Well, we're considering doing a sort of "forumer spotlight" where we bring on other folks from the forum every once in a while (we're still working that out) to guest on the podcast.  Right now, a lot about the podcast is still up in the air, so I think we're first going to try to establish a natural flow between ourselves before we risk disrupting it a bit with a new voice.

but regardless, good job. I'll keep a lookout for any future episodes.

Thanks.  I look forward to your feedback in the future.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:06:38 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:45 PM »
Talking about sticks and fightgames and stuff without me? Sacrilege

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »
Most impressive show, guys! And my thanks for stepping up, especially on such short notice. Color me especially impressed by your dedication.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »
Talking about sticks and fightgames and stuff without me? Sacrilege
You know Ironically, I mentioned you in the Pre-show and post show on that topic.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
Yeah invite me next time if you happen to record at some time that isn't totally incompatible with Japan time

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »
Forgive me, I've skipped a few games in New Business, like Pokémon or WoW, haha.

Just finished the New Business segment. I like the points being made about Pheonix Wright, especially the pacing problem. The last case in each game just drags on for no reason, you're just picking nits for the longest time, the whole game loses steam and that shouldn't happen. Just one more reason Ghost Trick is the superior game (though don't get me wrong, I LOVE Phoenix Wright... ooh, and I'm seeing the movie in theater this Thursday  ;D ).

Oh, and I really dig the (what I assume are) cow sounds in the background. I really do!

Offline ZabeMusic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stephen's Fantastic Blog of Thoughts
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »
This was good. I went into this thinking it was going to be a shambles but it surprised how much it was like RFN. Great job, you guys. If I ever get a good mic maybe I'll join you someday.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:01 PM »
Oh, and I really dig the (what I assume are) cow sounds in the background. I really do!
Hahaha. I tried SO very hard to remove those noises... and I believe they were coming from Austen's (broodwars) audio track. I was able to get quite a few of them, but the Earthworm Jim co-stars just wouldn't keep quiet! :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
Hahaha. I tried SO very hard to remove those noises... and I believe they were coming from Austen's (broodwars) audio track. I was able to get quite a few of them, but the Earthworm Jim co-stars just wouldn't keep quiet! :P:

My guess is that it was the slight creaks of my water bed as I was shifting on it to talk into my laptop.  I need to get a proper headset at some point (my PS3 Bluetooth one didn't have strong enough reception), but I'll see what I can do to minimize noise if it was, in fact, my track.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MukiDA

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »
As someone with a 3-day, 36 hour work shift, I really appreciate that you guys had a free 3 hour podcast for us =3