Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165244 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1400 on: November 07, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »
Big Hero 6 was great! Sure it had some predictable moments but a good steak is still a good steak even if you've had it before. Its also has the best cinematography of any CG movie I've ever seen, an I think I've seen them all. And if you're wondering "does this connect to the MCU?" Yes, oh yes it does THE WATCHER IS EVERYWHERE

Baymax was by far the best character in the movie and he's up there with Wall-e (as a character not a film) Please see this film and measure your expectations against The Incredibles and How to train your dragon.

Also: I don't go to the movies often so this might not be a new thing  but there was 45min of previews before the film started. Something called "extended look" not sure what that was but it says get to the theater early to see 30mins of exclusives...plus 5 trailers and the very awesome feast short.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:02:05 AM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 07, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »
Had a chance to see big hero six , but opted for interstellar, will try to get a crew or a girl to see six.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 08, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
Saw Big Hero Six as well last night.  Its really good.  Has good pacing.
The scene at the very end of the movie is amusing.

What I will fault it for is that they don't develop the whole cast.  I get why not but, they really only develop a few characters.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 12, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
Nobody watch Agents of SHIELD last night?

they are most certainly heading down the Inhuman path.
They are now on the trek to discover Atillan <?> and reveal the existence of Inhumans (including Skye & Raina). Coulson when beast mode against Mr. Penny Can!!!! too once Agent 4400 set him free.

Ward proves himself to be Agent Numero Uno schooling all those trying to tail him, and just because there is no hard feelings, he even leaves them a little present. gift wrapped. You're welcome card signed with a splash of cologne. It was some pretty good stuff.

If you missed it, you should catch up.
If you haven't been watching this season because of last season, then you should know that his season is everything you originally wanted from last season (minus actual Avengers).
If you've never watched this show... well, then you probably weren't even in this threat to begin with, but if you like good action/drama TV, AoS has definitely stepped it up and is worthy of consideration for your time this year. Give it a chance. If it helps, I'm pretty sure it will have a 3rd season as well, so you won't be catching up on a show soon to be dropped. I know how much that sux (dammit #Selfie.... it was actually pretty funny:( )

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 12, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
Just started watching selfie last week. :P

Also I don't think its Atillian which is a red herring,  I think its Orollan the lost inhuman city that doesn't have to do a lot with Black Bolt and is in a cold war with them.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 12, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »
Extended Age of Ultron trailer

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 12, 2014, 10:42:20 PM »
Hm.  Loki's Staff.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1407 on: November 12, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »
Got to see that in IMAX right before Interstellar.

Almost had to call a doctor.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 13, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
I imagine because you had an erection lasting more than four hours. Even if that's not the reason, I still imagine that.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1409 on: November 14, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »
Wow. That is the exact joke I was going for.  Since at 4 hours, you need to call a doctor, but Interstellar was only 3 hours.

Kudos to you, sir.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: November 14, 2014, 10:31:08 PM »
2 sneak peeks at next weeks Agent of SHIELD

Agent Carter Flashback
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/marvels-agents-of-shield-exclusive-clip-featuring-a-new-agent-carter-flashback

On the bus mission assignments

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 15, 2014, 12:29:25 AM »
Daniel Bruhl (Inglorious Basterds, Rush) added to Cap 3 cast (Zemo? Red Skull?)
https://deadline.com/2014/11/daniel-bruhl-captain-america-robert-downey-jr-chris-evans-1201284648/

and deadline is hearing the rumor that Russo's are taking over the Avengers films after Whedon is done with AoU. Rumor stated that Joss would step down from Avengers 3 (pt1&2) but remain as producer and consultant or something. Just needs to open up his schedule a little to work on things not Avengers movies for a few year.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 15, 2014, 12:38:47 AM »

and deadline is hearing the rumor that Russo's are taking over the Avengers films after Whedon is done with AoU.

This makes me sad.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 15, 2014, 12:55:58 AM »

and deadline is hearing the rumor that Russo's are taking over the Avengers films after Whedon is done with AoU.

This makes me sad.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog 2!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 15, 2014, 08:11:18 AM »

This makes me sad.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog 2!

Exactly what I was thinking/hoping.  I'd trade the entire MCU for that.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 18, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »
So I read up on Captain Marvel and apparently, she ends up essentially being Marvel's Superman in terms of power level after losing her powers, getting new powers, losing her new powers again, getting powered up then flying into space and getting different powers, coming back to Earth, becoming an alcoholic, losing her powers, getting different powers again, leading the Avengers, and adopting a cat not necessarily in that order and I may be exaggerating how many times she loses her powers then gets powered up again.

I'm pretty excited for the movie. I hope she's cool enough to justify Rogue not getting her powers in the X-Men universe.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »
I kinda feel Joss is being looked at for Episode 8 if JJ. Abrams is not coming back. Also, we know how much Joss would want to do a StarWars movie (he owns 6 lightsabers). And maybe,just maybe we could get Spielberg for episode nine. /dreams

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »
I kinda feel Joss is being looked at for Episode 8 if JJ. Abrams is not coming back. Also, we know how much Joss would want to do a StarWars movie (he owns 6 lightsabers). And maybe,just maybe we could get Spielberg for episode nine. /dreams

8 and 9 already ha e a director in rian Johnson.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 19, 2014, 02:56:30 AM »
GotG Awesome Mix Vol. 1 free on Google play. https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Various_Artists_Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_Awesome_Mi?id=Btmdbtfzel2mdiai5ewdjd5nqui&hl=en

You're Welcome.

£5.49. Thats a lot more than free. What you mean is USA only.

You're welcome.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 19, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »
Late as always but I just saw GOTG and is there a current speculation to who StartLords father is?

From the gate I thought it was the first Captain Mar'vell but it maybe Adam Warlock...since there is almost no way to fight Thanos with him and win...although we already know they can't win.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 19, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
Star Fox is one I remember hearing get batted around.

edit: Oh and blue alien body in AoS has been confirmed as ......Kree...... which firmly connects it to GotG (as we all already suspected).
http://i.imgur.com/LCZC53i.jpg  *Spoiler for those not caught up*
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Marvels-Agents-Alien-1089443.aspx
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:51:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 19, 2014, 04:10:26 PM »
[Netflix - Jessica Jones]
Casting for Jessica Jones is under way (finally). Deadline is reporting on front runners:
http://deadline.com/2014/11/jessica-jones-casting-test-krysten-ritter-alexandra-daddario-teresa-palmer-jessica-de-gouw-1201288589

I hear Marvel is assembling a field of actresses invited to test for the lead of the company’s straight-to-series Jessica Jones drama for Netflix. I hear it includes Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer and Jessica De Gouw. All fall within the age range of 25-33 listed on the breakdowns for the role.

Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama — the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal — centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

I also heard two names mentioned as being in consideration for the male lead Luke Cage: Crisis‘ Lance Gross and The Good Wife and The Following‘s Mike Colter. Cage is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series, the fourth in the Netflix-Marvel package that includes Daredevil, starring Charlie Cox, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The characters from the four shows band together for a miniseries to close out the storylines.

I'm hoping this show gets underway so they can get it out around fall/winter of 2015.
They still need to get Iron Fist, Luke Cage and The Defenders out by end of 2016.
.... and the sequels... when will we get sequels?

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 19, 2014, 10:06:04 PM »
STAR FOX! I was thinking you were being funny and I totally forgot about that dude.  Yeah thats a possibility since he's really old and such.