Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1166809 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
BnM:  I guess I should say is something familiar.  Space Operas with weird likable characters are not strange to us.  We have Star Wars.  But I hope Marvel never has a bomb personally, but I am just curious is all. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I have a scene proposal for Thor: L&T, it's not a fully fleshed out scene, but more of a basic idea for one that I think would be a funny setup, and then slip to Taika to be used in the next film

Since we know that L&T will take place before GotG3 due to reasons, but Thor was last seen with the Guardians leaving earth after Endgame, that will need to be addressed before Thor takes on a whole new adventure with Jane and Valkyrie.

so my idea is that Taika has the MCU's first Pre-Movie scene/one-shot. But disguises it as the start of the actual movie.

The usual Marvel Studios fanfare shot comes on, flipping though the Phase4 characters, and then it jumps to a scene with Thor and the Guardians. maybe a quick Montage of a few stops, Thor getting back in shape, and Starlord generally being annoyed at Thor usurping "Team Lead" status from him.
cue the title card Asgardians of the Galaxy.
(minus the Vol. 3)
this will generally leave the audience in brief state of confusion as everyone thought they came to see Thor: L&T.

It will cut back to AotG where they are adventuring and Starlord is visibly irritated and constantly fueding with Thor for control of the ship and the crew, Rocket is indifferent and kinda enjoying that Starlord is so bothered by him. this carries on for about 5 minutes. situation with tons of humor like Taika would want, and Thor and Starlord and the rest of the crews interactions on this would be hilarious (I'll leave all that to Taika to figure out). something then distracts Thor, and causes to need to attend to other matters, so he then leaves the "nick name for Rocket" in charge, further infuriating Starlord and he leaves the team. thor then uses the teleports off, and we see the Guardians with everyone kinda confused about the sudden departure of Thor, but Starlord seizing the opportunity to take charge, gets ship ready and fly's off before Thor could potentially return.

Credits start to roll, and then in what appears to be a mid credit scene, Thor shows up in Asgard (or how ever the actual movie is supposed to start) and then the real title credit shows up: Thor: Love and Thunder.
that's when the real movie starts.

this addresses where they were left off, gives us a taste of the Asguardians of the Galaxy with that Taika sense of humor, and then leaves GotG3 to be whatever James Gunn had in mind from his original script.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:28:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I love it! Prefect way to setup the movie.

this addresses where they were left off, gives us a taste of the Asguardians of the Galaxy with that Taika sense of humor, and then leaves GotG3 to be whatever James Gunn had in mind from his original script.

Unless Gunn planned to include Thor in his script from the get-go, but this would still be a great intro for the film.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I love it! Prefect way to setup the movie.

Unless Gunn planned to include Thor in his script from the get-go, but this would still be a great intro for the film.

Well.... they could also have a post credit scene at the end where Thor uses the bi-frost to teleport around, from place to place, where he finally lands in the spot where he sees the GotG ship.
pan over to Starlord in a slow-mo shot at a nearby establishment looking shocked, then down to Rocket who begins to smirk, then Thor all oblivious to the conflict between him and Starlord as he waves them down and walks over.

then queue the title card with music!!!!

but now it says Vol. 2

this also sets up a good joke about the next title card for James Gunn being the above, with the Vol.3 since it'll be the third time we see it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I actually love that idea. It would totally fit with the tone of GotG and where they've taken Thor.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
With Spider-Man Far From Home crossing $1 billion this week, all 3 MCU movies have hit that mark this year. Ticket sales combined (FFH, Endgame, Captain Marvel) are *just under* $5 billion for the year - from March to July.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
MCU half way to the Disney goal all by itself. Lol
Too bad Spidey don't count in those Disney Dollars.

Imagine the MCU with a 4th movie this year....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
interesting......

HYPE Level increasing steadily.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
interesting......

HYPE Level increasing steadily.
Earth-2149. ZombieVerse.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Ryan Reynolds teases Deadpool in the MCU Phase 5

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0d5PLhBGaB/?utm_source=ig_embed

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I've never noticed this. Marvel Studios attention to connective details is so good (outside a minor mishap)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/comments/cjt3d2/avengers_endgame_the_characters_whove_been/

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn668amXEYk

This is a complete mockumentary of the original CinemaSins (of a video they havent even produced yet!), and its note perfect. The Smash Bros joke alone is amazing.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
The Smash Bros joke is indeed good. For those who are curious, forward to 5:03.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. It isn't really a parody. Most of the jokes are right in line with what CinemaSins poops out.

Here's a pretty interesting and informative video of why CinemaSins sucks so much: Sustaining Stupidity - Why CinemaSins is Terrible

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4163 on: August 01, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
omg. the Ant-Man/Cassie joke at the 8:30 mark. LMAO

so fucking wrong. context.
edit: and then another at the 16:40 mark (Ant-man/Tony joke)
edit2: then the SSB reference at 24:45 LOL
and the ending. LMAO  (great parody of Sinema Sins from the few of them i've watched)

but I hear there are upcoming sequel rumors floating about regarding villains.

Rumors are Black Panther 2 will have Namor as the villain
and Spider-Man is aiming for Kraven the Hunter.

lets assume these rumors are credible and likely to be true.
Cast these roles!!!! give me a potential plotline
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:27:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: August 01, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
There was another Smash Bros. Reference. Okay, the second one is better. Overall, this is still pretty bad. If he was going to make a parody of CinemaSins, he would have to make fun of CinemaSins’ bad jokes. Making the same kinds of jokes is more of an homage. I’m just being pedantic.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4165 on: August 01, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »
I think this was one of the worst cinemasins. Many of the sins were just taking the movie out of context. And the jokes weren’t funny.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: August 02, 2019, 06:29:19 AM »
There was another Smash Bros. Reference. Okay, the second one is better. Overall, this is still pretty bad. If he was going to make a parody of CinemaSins, he would have to make fun of CinemaSins’ bad jokes. Making the same kinds of jokes is more of an homage. I’m just being pedantic.

That was his aim, he wasn't making something to mock cinemasins rather that he aimed to make exactly what they would make. Definitely pedantic, but to nail how terrible they are so perfectly is quite special.

"I have a series dedicated to criticizing CinemaSins, a channel that I (believe it or not) am a fan of. This video is just another part of that series, but the major difference is that I took a preemptive approach—sin them before they can even make the video, by using their style against them as a form of critique. In other words, I am criticizing CinemaSins by making fun of the way they sin movies. 

The joke is that I am criticizing CinemaSins by purposefully being as ridiculous as they have been."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:35:32 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: August 03, 2019, 02:10:03 PM »
The Smash Bros joke is indeed good. For those who are curious, forward to 5:03.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. It isn't really a parody. Most of the jokes are right in line with what CinemaSins poops out.

Here's a pretty interesting and informative video of why CinemaSins sucks so much: Sustaining Stupidity - Why CinemaSins is Terrible

Yeah, CinemaSins stopped being funny a while ago, way before that response video dropped. They tend to be way too long and bloated, and instead of picking genuinely bad films they just do all films which is totally unnecessary.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:15:10 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: August 03, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »
Well I have to say I found AoS season 6 was quite disappointing.  I think it peaked beautifully at season 4.

The ending few minutes aside, I found that "explosive finale" to be by far the worst finale they've had.  It was Arrowverse level bad with the terrible decisions made and oversights.  Though I will admit that Fitz probably has the best exasperated yells I've ever had the good fortune of hearing.  Every time he did the block I was having a great laugh.  Hopefully Deke is out for season 7.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: August 05, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »
I have yet to watch the last double ep finale of AoS, but i feel like i've missed something this entire season. I really hope it all comes together in the S7 final run...
and I must agree with thoughts on S4 ::chef kiss::

but from the MCU rumor bin, comes this:
https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/04/rumor-giancarlo-esposito-is-up-for-a-major-marvel-studios-role/

Gustavo Fring (Breaking Bad) a possibility for a "big" role in the MCU?
source speculation is on Norman Osborn as "The Benefactor" which could then lead to the rumored "Thunderbirds"

Seems like it's all coming together.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: August 05, 2019, 01:31:10 AM »
I recall a lot of fan "cast a role" putting him in a slot for Doom.  Interesting.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: August 05, 2019, 02:21:47 AM »
I recall a lot of fan "cast a role" putting him in a slot for Doom.  Interesting.

Hmmm.... I like that.

Also The Rock has been hinting towards an MCU role now as well.
teasing a "friend in common" or something like that on IG with [edit: found the tweet, had the details wrong] Rob Leifeld, who suggested The Rock play a future Role in a Deadpool movie. Rock suggested Garrison Kane: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1157728917647548417?s=20

and then Director of Deadpool/John Wick 2/Hobbs & Shaw also spoke up about wanting to direct Blade for the MCU as well.
https://screenrant.com/blade-mcu-movie-david-leitch-director/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:04:54 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: August 05, 2019, 03:33:02 PM »

Also The Rock has been hinting towards an MCU role now as well.

Oh please no.   

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: August 06, 2019, 02:20:53 AM »
I sort of like Deke. He is irritating but I can't help but empathise with him as he tries so damn hard to gain approval from the only family he has. His methods are mildly questionable due to his experience of the hell-scape future, out of his time and strong impressions about family. His dedication to help in the best way he can in his weird way is beyond reproach.

Fitz is a fucking dick to him for no good reason, actually he has been a dick the whole season. Simmons is barely shielding him enough not to get punched which has hobbled her. One moment he is praising you the next insulting you for the same thing because of his impossibly high standards that himself doesn't meet. I do understand though as he has gone through just stupid amount of BS without break with lashing out the only outlet. Those exasperated yells are gold. Fucking everyone is exasperated.

Mack is a tosser throwing out religious BS as justification for placing his personal grudge over the mission even though he was right in the end for the wrong reason. While he has to be the responsible one he fails to give a sound objections again and again. If I were to pick a character I want gone, it's Mack.

I have never been a fan of Skye as she has been very one dimensional until now, a tool rather than a character. She is nothing but a hacker, gets powers so she does nothing but use them, her utility defined her. I like her a lot this season as she is the emotional centre while thinking of solutions, asserting herself, acting far more like the director than Mack who barks obvious orders.

The finale is a massive asspull. Unless they are very clever season 7 is doomed as they have written themselves into the hardest corner. It was really cool on the surface with Simmons strutting like a boss, but they sort of can't lose anymore. They need an anti-contrivance to reintroduce tension, a plausible limitation that isn't arbitrary blowing up their equipment marooning them in some time period. You always asking where the hell are the Avengers but you just gotta settle for never acknowledging them as they wrote themselves into that corner long ago. Bringing them up/in now would be a waste of time and destroy the show as this contrivance has become foundational.

LOL Enok so baize about murder. Brilliant. Secondary characters getting decent screen time is good.

Compared to season 5 this is good which is very faint praise but at least mostly returns to the original premise. Who knew having more than a pack of gum for a budget would improve the show drastically. Other than Deke nothing came out of 5.

Definitely agree 4 Is the high point and not because of Ghost Rider.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: August 06, 2019, 02:40:23 AM »
I've always wondered why the hell Skye (I can't stand calling her Daisy) got promoted up to the 2ic?  Seriously?  Agent Melinda May has a far longer history and is renowned all throughout Shield and somehow this jumped up hacker that's only been with them for 10 minutes ends up outranking everyone except the Director?  Was there an explanation that I just missed at some point?

As for Deke, yeah I can see that.  Admittedly, he was a lot better in the finale episodes.  But everything up to that he served no purpose and was just being annoying.  I feel that the writers had a plan for him in the finale but no idea what to do with him leading up to that so they just threw him over with Fitz and Simmons to do nothing in particular.  But yeah he was decent in the finale so it softened my annoyance for now.

I don't know why, but I can't help but like Mack and I'd be sad if he left.  (Might I also add that Mr Henry Simmons is such an unreasonably large man).  To me he comes across as flawed, but usually quite level headed.  Like how he locked Skye and Yo-Yo in that room until they figured out who Izel was inhabiting. 

As a side point that makes no real difference here or there, I find it interesting that all the Chromicoms have biblical names, usually of minor prophets.  I wonder what inspired that decision.

Something I haven't seen discussed yet is the location of Fitz in the new.....timeline, something, whatever that was.  We heard him.  I actually reckon they've built him into the Zephyr.  The new Coulson reveal isn't the only bombshell to see I think.