Author Topic: Mario and Sonic Racing To 3DS March 18  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Mario and Sonic Racing To 3DS March 18
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:42:00 AM »

Technically in the Southern Hemisphere's summer.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41757/mario-and-sonic-racing-to-3ds-march-18

The next Summer Olympics, at least as far as Sonic and Mario are concerned, begin before winter's end.

Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games will release on 3DS on March 18, bringing the Nintendo and Sega characters into 14 sports across 11 different Olympic disciplines, including the returning Olympic golf tournament.

As of yet, no release date has been announced for the Wii U versio beyond "later this year".

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline caffeine

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • ScottyHoag.com
Re: Mario and Sonic Racing To 3DS March 18
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »
When I read the headline, I first thought that some sort of Mario Kart and Sonic Drift or Sonic R hybrid game called "Mario and Sonic Racing" had just been announced. I don't think that would be a bad idea, really.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »
When I read the headline, I first thought that some sort of Mario Kart and Sonic Drift or Sonic R hybrid game called "Mario and Sonic Racing" had just been announced. I don't think that would be a bad idea, really.

That would be a pretty great idea, assuming Nintendo is one the making it.

It still bothers me greatly that with a Mario/Sonic crossover being the ultimate dream game when I was a kid that all they use it for are these shitty Olympics games where the only people that play them are little kids that weren't born yet when the idea of Mario and Sonic being in the same game seemed impossible.

At least we get them both in SSB but can you think of a bigger squandering of a dream game than THIS?

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 02:39:04 PM »
I thought the same. I was disappoint when click
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »
Really? ANOTHER "Mario and Sonic at the Olympics" game? COME IN!!! Put these 2 into a REAL game, something like a "NEW Super Mario Bros" style. Now THAT is something I myself (and I'm sure a lot of other people) wanna see!

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »
^ That was SUPPOSED to say "COME ON" not "COME IN". (Damn phone!)

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 08:02:16 PM »
When I read the headline, I first thought that some sort of Mario Kart and Sonic Drift or Sonic R hybrid game called "Mario and Sonic Racing" had just been announced.

So did I, now Im disappointed.

Mario Kart X Sonic Racing Transformed could be good.