Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790598 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2275 on: August 18, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
SHARES A RESEMBLENCE DOEM'T IT!
Xbox one is dead end of story!
not quite, its in better shape then the PS3 was at 599$

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 19, 2013, 07:02:43 PM »
Some more rumours via GAF and CVG:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425218/cvg-sources-microsoft-to-reveal-major-third-party-game-comes-free-with-xbox-one/

MS has signed a deal with a major third party publisher to include a free game with each Xbone sold in EU.  The article barely mentions the US, but I'd imagine it would be included if this turns out to be true.  Gaffers are speculating the title to be FIFA '14, which would be huge in Europe, but I'm not sold on that.

I don't like the attitude that MS seems to have, where they think money can solve all their problems.  If this is true, it would go a long way toward alleviating those last few lingering doubts that some people may have concerning the Xbone rollout.  I just have this ominous feeling that this moneyhatting that MS seems to be engaged in, is an extension of the difficulties surrounding the industry today: too much money is at stake, and the only motivation to make games is to make money, rather than make a good game.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
but it has always been that way, it is a business not a charity.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2278 on: August 19, 2013, 07:32:09 PM »
Lots of money is what got MS in the game in the first place. I pretty sure it can solve most of their problems.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 19, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
Yeah, I know, but the idealist in me doesn't want to know that they're spending $1,000,000,000 on games for Xbone.  Moneyhats are slowly strangling the life out of the Madden series since it went exclusive EA.  People complain about how the industry has stagnated(mostly in the AAA space), I worry if the attitude that MS is displaying will just encourage more of that.

Ultimately, I know money makes the world go round.  Money makes the games I love to play.  I really wish MS could show as much enthusiasm for games as they have for fantasy football, and a cable box pass-through.  For me, ever since the first reveal, my interpretation of MS's actions has been that they have put games and gamers on the back-burner.  "Hey look at our UI! SNAP! TV! Fantasy Football! Games?  Oh, don't worry about that, we threw a bunch of money at some devs..."  It's been a poor campaign from the start, imo, when a company can spend one billion dollars on development and people like me still can't get over that other stuff.  It just feels like an afterthought to me.

That's just me, though.  I realize I may be totally off my rocker on this.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: August 19, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »
A free pack in game would go a long ways to getting me to buy any console. I miss the days of pack ins being standard. I know it wasn't always that way but it worked once upon a time. Not that there is anything MS can do to convince me to get an Xbox One at this point I am still wrestling with getting Wii U or PS4 and I can only get one this holiday and then maybe another a year latter. But a pack in game, not Fiffa, would go a long ways to getting me interested. Also bringing the price down a bit wouldn't hurt either.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2281 on: August 19, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
Yeah, I know, but the idealist in me doesn't want to know that they're spending $1,000,000,000 on games for Xbone.  Moneyhats are slowly strangling the life out of the Madden series since it went exclusive EA.  People complain about how the industry has stagnated(mostly in the AAA space), I worry if the attitude that MS is displaying will just encourage more of that.

Moneyhats didn't ruin Madden. A lack of competition did. The big budget, AAA, annualized series market will crash eventually. Or rather, the returns will diminish so that instead of a new Call of Duty every year, it'll be more like 18 months. That's mostly the same thing. Right?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 19, 2013, 08:53:54 PM »
But money does fix the majoity of problems and there's a reason why microsoft is moneyhatting so much stuff. If were being honest if Windows phone and 8 would have launched around the same time as android and ios I think those would have been in first place. Even then Microsoft has carved out a pretty decent #3 platform. (distant number three at that, plus they need to wife up Nokia).

Either you have enough money to get into a market (microsoft or samsung) or you happen to snowball an early lead.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »

Moneyhats didn't ruin Madden. A lack of competition did. The big budget, AAA, annualized series market will crash eventually. Or rather, the returns will diminish so that instead of a new Call of Duty every year, it'll be more like 18 months. That's mostly the same thing. Right?

Nope, because it won't happen. This already happens anyway with the alternating call of duty series. Blacks ops 2 sold like crazy, but I doubt ghost does as well (similar to MW3), and next years game done by the black ops team will sell like crazy.

But i'm expecting to see games follow the model destiny is supposed to be having which is tweak on the Call of Duty model. Game relases yearly but even year releases will be essentially expansion packs. (ODST to Halo 3).

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2284 on: August 19, 2013, 09:00:27 PM »
Hey guys look at my new threads please!! ;)
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2285 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:26 PM »
Yeah, the CoD strategy works because it has two teams on two year cycles, and not one team on a one year cycle. I just can't believe nobody is burned out on that series yet.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2286 on: August 19, 2013, 09:04:45 PM »
True i am getting sick of it. Micth look at my THREADS please... :'(
Made you look ****.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 19, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
I'm kind of hoping more teams take cues from Blood Dragon earlier this year.  It was different enough from Far Cry 3 to be considered a separate entity, but it reused enough assets to allow for a short turnaround time and vastly reduced development costs.  From what I understand, the game was successful enough to warrant an iteration.

Destiny seems like the riskiest new IP of next gen so far, if the rumours that were floating around earlier are true.  Then again, those rumours were sparked by Cliffy B, so who knows how valid they are.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2288 on: August 19, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
True i am getting sick of it. Micth look at my THREADS please... :'(

Did you get new clothes? That's weird. You look naked to me.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2289 on: August 19, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
MY FORUMS DUMBASS!!! :@
Made you look ****.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 20, 2013, 06:28:07 AM »
Yup, FIFA 14 free with EU Xbone preorders, CoD Ghosts to have dedicated servers...  MS stepping up imo.  Sony has some work to do to regain momentum at Gamescom today, I'm hoping for big things.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 20, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »
GFWL is now officially set to die and the celebrations begin.

I am quite happy for this to die as it was a real menace to one's computer. When it was working, it tries to bring the "Live" experience to the PC and that is so nonononono. Just awful. Not forgetting that before the launch of GFWL, they thought about charging for the service like they do on Xbox live and we collectively laughed them into submission.

Lets not do this ever again.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 20, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »
Some Gamescom info came out and i'm leaning toward the Xbone again.

-Fifa 14 is free in Europe with pre-orders of the system. Exclusive Ultimate legends content.
-Call of Duty Ghosts has exclusive timed DLC, as well as dedicated servers.
-While Sony scooped up Watchdogs, microsoft is getting exclusive content and marketing for The Division.
-Self publishing announced (on par with sony with two free dev kits, plus next year the console its self can dev kit)

A new fucking Fable Game announced let's start this Hype Train.

Lionhead has three teams known so far. The Fable I remake was down by the journey team, the Fable Legends is done by the heroes guys I think, and Fable IV will be announced next year.

-Max and the magic Marker coming to Xbox One
-Plants vs zombies gardan warfare pushed to 2014.
-Peggle 2 at xbox one launch
-Mojang's cobalt coming to Xbox one and 360.
-Fighter Within from ubisoft for launch
-

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 20, 2013, 10:18:08 AM »
Launch games:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 20, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
The blurb about self publishing,

At gamescom today, we announced a new program for Xbox One, Independent Developers @ Xbox (ID@Xbox), which I am super excited to be part of. It’s a program we built based on feedback from over 50 developers which enables self-publishing of digital games on Xbox One. The program will offer developers access to development kits at no charge and an easy path for developers to build, publish and sell their games on Xbox One.[/size]Games that come through this program will be able to access the exact same features as any other large game company on Xbox One: Achievements, Gamerscore, Kinect, Xbox SmartGlass, Xbox cloud services and more. What’s also exciting is that these games will be available in the exact same marketplace (Xbox One Store) as every other game on Xbox One, making discovery for players easier by using all the curation and discovery tools that Xbox One will offer, including Spotlight, Trending, Recommendations and great social discovery with features like Game DVR and Upload.We’re really proud to offer this third path onto Xbox One for developers, and we’re excited to see what independent developers will bring to the system. At the same time, many independent developers will still want to work with a publisher, either Microsoft Studios or a third party, to bring their content to Xbox One. Publishers can provide support such as testing, QA, funding and marketing and promotion services. While some independent developers want to “do it themselves,” for others working with a publisher is the right decision, so they can focus 100 percent on the game itself. It all comes down to enabling developers to make the choice that makes the most sense for them. That’s ultimately what’s going to deliver the broadest and best games onto our platform for gamers.It’s also important to remember that our vision is that anyone will be able to create using Xbox One. Marc Whitten, Xbox Chief Product Officer, has said that eventually we’ll enable anyone to make games for Xbox One using their Xbox One console as a development solution. (In the meantime, there’s a super exciting product coming to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows 8 for budding creators. It’s called “Project Spark” and anyone can make surprisingly deep interactive game content – you can even use Kinect in your projects!).At the end of the day, when you turn on your TV, we want Xbox One to have the broadest and most diverse content possible. Whether you’re in the mood for a big budget shooter, a contemplative side scroller, or something totally different that we can’t even imagine yet. The best way to deliver that experience is by doing what we’ve always done: making life easy for developers, as they do the hard work of creating fantastic game experiences for us all to enjoy.[/size]
The Link to register http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/developers/id

So Microsoft is taking ques from both microsoft and Sony to have three ways to get games on the system.

-Self publishing is allowed like on the others but microsft is obviously pushing for getting pubs.
-You can go through publishers as well for the better marketing etc.
-If you publish through Microsoft games studio you get Unity for free.

-Doesn't matter how you go through it you get a free Xbox One and Kinect SDK, as well as having access to the full gambit of Xbox Features.

-For those who want to dabble there is project spark which is for the very simple consumer to build games.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: August 20, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »
I am signing up, this would be great for my game.

Nevermind apparently this is not for first time developers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:14:48 AM by toddra »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: August 20, 2013, 12:28:04 PM »
pricing for Killer Instinct was announced.

The Game can be downloaded for free and comes with Jango. All other characters are $5 a piece.

You can also buy two packs which are more full game type deals.

The Combo Breaker pack costs $20 and gives you the first eight characters. (6 at launch, and two afterward)

The Ultra Editon costs $40 and comes with all of that ( the two characters before launch) plus costumes and asseoriey packs, plus the original Killer Instinct arcade game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: August 20, 2013, 12:53:09 PM »
I love how MS has bungled Killer Instinct.  Fans beg for it for years and they finally announce it but Rare isn't working on it.  And now it's using a free to play model.

A month from now they'll reveal that it controls exclusively with Kinect.  If you're going to poison a game's appeal with its intended audience you might as well go all the way.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
I first looked at the launch lineup and was kind of impressed.  Then I looked closer and realized that it's a lot of sports/shooter/ubisoft which will be multiplatform.  Still, the launch lineup isn't too shabby, and if Turn 10 could just come out and tell us what kind of wheels they'll support, I could easily make a decision!

And I agree that Killer Instinct's pricing model kind of sucks.  I was kind of worried about that, especially seeing how that Marvel game priced their content.  It will be interesting to see if more console games head in this direction, since PC gamers have largely embraced f2p.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: August 20, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
I love how MS has bungled Killer Instinct.  Fans beg for it for years and they finally announce it but Rare isn't working on it.  And now it's using a free to play model.

A month from now they'll reveal that it controls exclusively with Kinect.  If you're going to poison a game's appeal with its intended audience you might as well go all the way.

You seem to be lacking any sort of comprehension or not even following the game

-The game isn't free to play. The demo is but you can also outright buy the game which I posted right above you.

-Rare isn't working on it dirctly but a few members of rare like ken lobb are working on it.

-despite Rare not working on it the game is getting lots of press for being good and Double Helix is also getting good press on strider.