Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 789270 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2200 on: August 13, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »
You cant read, can you? The Xbox One doesnt require Kinect. Also, the games shown are the same. And almost all third party games will be the same. So same games, and the Xbox One has a superior controller.
Microsoft hasn't specified what will be lost by not using kinect. I think its safe to say that you won't get the full experience without kinect.

Besides the ps4 controller doesn't sound like much of a slouch either in the controller department. I've heard it compared to the gcn controller in some ways.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2201 on: August 13, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »
They said it won't be required, but it will still be included so you can still use it. Best of both worlds.

The DualShock 4 still has the same basic design the DualShock always has, which is NOT a good thing. Sony is determined to never have a good controller it seems.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 13, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
$100 up front is a big deal.  For a $400 console, that is 25% more, hardly something to scoff at.  The 360 controller is far superior in my opinion to the DS3, but that's just my opinion.  There are many gamers that prefer the Dual Shock, and that doesn't take into account the fact that the PS4's new controller has been getting glowing reviews from the people who have handled it so far.  It isn't too farfetched to think that the gap could narrow(for those of us that prefer the 360 controller, that is).  To say that you don't understand how anybody would prefer a console that is at least marginally more powerful to the Xbox One, at a lower price point, without a potentially useless peripheral bundled in the box, is being intentional obtuse, or at least sarcastic.

That says nothing of the people that feel burned by MS's recent shenanigans.  Sure, they've backtracked, but I don't blame the people who won't touch the Xbone, be it for principled reasons, or just out of spite.

We also shouldn't forget about MS's Xbox Gold paywall, behind which are hidden features and apps that are free elsewhere, ie: Netflix.  And they still haven't said much about peripheral support, especially concerning racing wheels(which I am particularly curious about).

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 13, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
Kinect is useless.  You look at what MS has used it for and Wii Sports comes across as complex as Sid Meier's Civilization in comparison.  So paying $100 more for a worthless casual-focused gimmick controller is a big deal.  I don't understand why in this argument the onus is on the PS4 to prove itself when it's the one that's cheaper and didn't have a big PR disaster regarding locked out used games, always-online for single player games and an always on spy camera.  It's the "non-evil" console that costs $100 less.  The onus is on MS to not only establish trust with the consumer but also to demonstrate why a mandatory $100 purchase for a control scheme that has thus far been used for nothing but casual shovelware trash is worthwhile.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2204 on: August 13, 2013, 07:25:53 PM »
The PlayStation 3 never convinced me to buy games for it, so at least for me the PlayStation 4 has failed to convince me to get it. I loved the Xbox 360, and Microsoft saying Kinect won't be required has eliminated the final thing about Xbox One that made me not want to get it. I had no objection to the idea of Kinect, I just never used it because I never had room for it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: August 13, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »
The DualShock 4 still has the same basic design the DualShock always has, which is NOT a good thing. Sony is determined to never have a good controller it seems.
the thing with the very basic dualshock design is it isn't a crime to all of humanity. it is a controller that as time moved on began to need a large number of little refinements. if the ps3 controller had better triggers and the long since due grip redesign then i think it would get alot less hate. the ps4 controller seems to address these concerns with the (many) tweaks that have been made to its design to the point that unless you are fundamentally opposed to symmetrical analog sticks we are looking at what based on first impressions(people who have actually used the controller and have a much more substantial opinion on the matter) may be one of the greatest controllers we have yet in terms of erogonomics.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/25/battlefield-4-designer-explains-superiority-of-dualshock-4-over-ps3-and-360-controller-mocks-the-fanboys/

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: August 13, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »
also
Games use Kinect in a variety of amazing ways from adding voice to control your squad mates to adding lean and other simple controls beyond the controller to full immersive gameplay. That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor.
You have the ability to completely turn the sensor off in your settings. When in this mode, the sensor is not collecting any information. Any functionality that relies on voice, video, gesture or more won’t work. We still support using it for IR blasting in this mode. You can turn the sensor back on at any time through settings, and if you enter into a required Kinect experience (like Kinect Sports Rivals for instance), you’ll get a message asking if you want to turn the sensor back on in order to continue.
so tj whats this about the full xbox experience

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2207 on: August 13, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »
My main problem with the DualShock is the Playskool design of shapes for the buttons. But I also just like how the Xbox 360 controller feels. I honestly love how the Xbox 360 controller feels. Way Betty than any Sony controller ever did.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 13, 2013, 07:49:10 PM »
At this point I cant see why someone would buy the PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox One unless $100 upfront is that big of a deal.
As far as I'm concerned, that makes all the difference. $100 is almost two games. Microsoft spent the months following the Xbox One reveal turning it into a Playstation 4, except they're still forcing people to buy a camera most probably don't want. I mean, I get why they're including it (even if it's no longer mandatory), but that still doesn't mean anyone really wants one.

Playstation 4 is still the better choice (admittedly, I'm still not getting one). If I were to get an Xbox One, I probably wouldn't even take Kinect out of the box. Ever. At this point, I don't really trust Microsoft anyway. The crap they tried to push onto consumers before everyone called shenanigans on them is kind of scary to say the least. Back away not today, Disco Lady.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 13, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
You cant read, can you? The Xbox One doesnt require Kinect. Also, the games shown are the same. And almost all third party games will be the same. So same games, and the Xbox One has a superior controller.

And Sony has far superior 1st party software, and more varied 1st party software for that matter. Until Microsoft steps up their 1st party/exclusive offerings, the Xbone doesn't have much for me. Like I said, Microsoft hasn't given me a reason to WANT an Xbone yet. I don't dislike the console like I did before, but I have no reason to buy one.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 13, 2013, 08:48:56 PM »
I just not got the joke in the title of this thread.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 13, 2013, 09:44:30 PM »
i honestly think that the NSA leaks heavily influenced Microsofts decision on this.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2212 on: August 13, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »
MS doesn't have to sell me on the system, they have to sell me on Kinect. The PS4 has a bunch of BS features that I'll never use. Even the most practical one, downloading parts of games before others, is only kinda useful to me IF I decide to download a game and IF I wanna play it right then. I'll reserve judgement on the controller until I can hold one. I heard good things about the DS3 and never liked it. If it were a game of controllers, MS would win, hands down.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 13, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »
If it were a game of controllers, MS would win, hands down.

They would win you. Not everyone.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2214 on: August 13, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »
I think they'd win a lot, honestly. I know there's a whole generation raised on the dualshock and plenty of people who like it more. I just think more people would lean the other way.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »
I guess. Still having a a battery pack is possibly the dumbest mistake they could have done. If the Wii U Pro Controller can get 80 hours on a single charge (which I can vouch for), why can't they do the same?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2216 on: August 13, 2013, 11:31:30 PM »
Good question. My theory is that MS makes too much on the rechargeable battery packs.

Hell, I have a ton of rechargeable batteries from owning 4 Wiimotes, a balance board, an Xbox 360 controller, and an electric toothbrush. It's nice to have to need so many anymore, but I like having them around just in case. I also have trouble throwing them away. So, I like the option.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 13, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »
T_T

Microsoft and Nintendo have you whipped.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2218 on: August 13, 2013, 11:43:02 PM »
Nintendo, yes. I don't deny this.

MS, no. I knew more people with a 360, so that prompted my purchase of one more than anything.

Online azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 13, 2013, 11:51:52 PM »
Messing with rechargeable batteries is so annoying.

Huge clutter to manage and they lose charge so fast.

On actual topic: it's definitely a good thing that Microsoft changes their policies for the better. But i'm equally uninterested in all launch titles coming from both MS or Sony, so that doesn't make much of a difference.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:22 AM »
At this point I cant see why someone would buy the PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox One unless $100 upfront is that big of a deal.

To spin that around, I can't see why someone would think the Xbox One is worth $100 more than the PS3 when it has worse hardware, forces you to buy Kinect even if you don't want to, and the company has no coherent message and appears to be making it up as they go along.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 14, 2013, 07:17:51 AM »
Microsoft had a coherent message; it just sucked and no one liked it. Right now, their message is essentially: "JK LOL! Never mind all that stuff we said before. Xbox One is the same as Playstation 4. Buy our console plz."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:02:23 AM by Adrock »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 14, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »
They had a coherent message before that was terrile, true, but right now their message changes every few days. I'd argue the latter is just as bad as the former. If I'm going to pay $500 on something that's usefulness and quality are heavily dependent on what happens over the next half a decade, I want the company steering that ship to have some semblance of a solid plan.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 14, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »
I agree. Obviously, Microsoft had no idea their Xbox One policies would be near-universally panned so they panicked and scrambled to undo the damage albeit a little late. They've been reversing their policies slowly for months when it should have been days. E3 should have been the latest those policies stood. That's probably the most damaging part. His close to launch they should know what Xbox One is supposed to be.

Still, I think changing those crummy policies was in their best interest even if it makes them look desperate, foolish, and unprepared. $500 is a lot of money; $500 for something people balked would have killed the product.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 14, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »
The system is undeniably better for the policy reversals, but I and a lot of other people have lost a lot of confidence in the ability of Microsoft to competently run its gaming division. Sure, the system is less terrible now, but it still lacks something that makes it worth $100 more than the PS4.

I suppose now that Kinect is optional there's a decent chance they make one more 180 and announce a SKU without it for $400. Then we'd have ourselves a ballgame.

J.P. Corbran