Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3141020 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5800 on: March 08, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
That's gotta be it, I have absolutely no doubt at all. Nintendo wised up listened to these guys and definitely made the Wii U powerful enough to run this thing.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5801 on: March 09, 2012, 02:08:10 AM »
But the question is can it run it...and push the data to two Wii U tablets.  That is the biggest question. 

If that is possible, then Nintendo will have struck Gold with the device.  There will be nothing to prevent developers from fully supporting this system.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: March 09, 2012, 03:20:39 AM »

If that is possible, then Nintendo will have struck Gold with the device.  There will be nothing to prevent developers from fully supporting this system.

Yet....

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: March 09, 2012, 03:46:32 AM »
Pr0N!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Splinter Cell coming to Wii U?
« Reply #5804 on: March 10, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »
Ubisoft to reveal the next multi-plat Wii U title soon?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339294/ubisoft-toronto-about-to-announce-triple-a-game/
they speculate Splinter Cell. sounds reasonable.
"We are about to announce our first big triple-A being developed by the studio," she confirmed. "I've got to say I think it's going better than I could've imagined. I'm really amazed at the team we've put together and what we've been able to accomplish and I think Ubisoft is pretty excited too. Soon we'll find out what everyone else thinks!"
[...]
"We're not actually working on a big new IP yet within the studio," she explained. "It's one of the mandates and we're definitely starting up some things in that direction, but we're not working on a big new IP yet. Right now we're 100% focussed on Splinter Cell."

yep... Splinter Cell sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:50:34 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5805 on: March 10, 2012, 12:31:15 AM »
Does anyone think that GTA V could release this year? Perhpas in october? The game could carry over to 2013 but the video we saw back in novmber kind of makes me think that the game has been in developmet for enough time that it could very well be out this year, but who knows? Right GTA (and possiblt RE 6) is the third party game that will make or break a Wii U purchase for me and that is what I am banking on right now.

Can someone put together a list of confirmed and probablr third party launch titles for the Wii U?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: March 10, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »
since you seem to have some free time, you could skim through the Wii U thread and compile the list yourself.

If it helps, you could use the search feature and search out my post, as I think I posted about 85% of any news in that thread. So that would narrow the search down significantly.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: March 10, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »
Wii U Third Party Launch Titles:

Confirmed:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Assassin's Creed 3
Killer Freaks From Outer Space
Darksiders 2
Batman: Arkham City
Ghost Recon Online
Lego City Stories
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Untitled Sports game from Ubisoft

Probable or Unconfirmed:

Resident Evil 6
GTA 5
Mass Effect 3
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City
Max Payne 3
Spec Ops: The Line
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Soul Calibur 5
Asura's Wrath
Hitman: Absolution
Chainsaw Lollipop
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma

I look for anything developed by Capcom to be released for the Wii U at either lauch of the system or somethime in the following year.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:08:04 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: March 10, 2012, 01:05:55 AM »
For me splinter cell could benefit from touch controls. I had the first one but for the life of me could not figure out how to split up the walls and carry out several other odd stealth techniques. If I had touch screen button that was an icon of him splitting up the wall, I would have eventually beaten the game.

Counting only the games I know will be on Wii U, I already feel over whelmed. I guess that's how all PS3 360 players feel all the time?

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: March 10, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »
If Nintendo Wii U first and third party games could be sold at $49.99 rather than $59.99 like what is on the other systems then more people could be attracted to the Wii U for games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5810 on: March 10, 2012, 01:19:55 AM »
Resident Evil 6
GTA 5
Mass Effect 3
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City
Max Payne 3
Spec Ops: The Line
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Soul Calibur 5
Asura's Wrath
Hitman: Absolution
Lollipop Chainsaw
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma

Kytim, none of those are even confirmed to be Wii U games (yet alone launch games).

Of the ones you think are confirmed for launch:
Ubisoft just said they are working on a new Rabbids game for it, no launch date has been announced (not even a year). Same with the untitled Ubisoft sports game. LEGO just has a "2012" release date. Ghost Recon is just "2012". Same with Killer Freaks. Assassin's Creed almost certainty will (but not confirmed) since the other versions are out in October. The only confirmed launch game right now is Darksiders (at least from what I have been able to find), every other game is just speculated for launch or seems obvious to be one.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:59 AM »
Kytim, none of those are even confirmed to be Wii U games (yet alone launch games).

Actually, I think just about all he listed (I question Ubi sports game*) has been confirmed to be in development for the Wii U.

Of the ones you think are confirmed for launch:
Ubisoft just said they are working on a new Rabbids game for it, no launch date has been announced (not even a year). Same with the untitled Ubisoft sports game. LEGO just has a "2012" release date. Ghost Recon is just "2012". Same with Killer Freaks. Assassin's Creed almost certainty will (but not confirmed) since the other versions are out in October. The only confirmed launch game right now is Darksiders (at least from what I have been able to find), every other game is just speculated for launch or seems obvious to be one.

Launch or Launch window. same difference. give the guy a break.

* I think it was cancelled
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:30:53 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5812 on: March 10, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »

Actually, I think just about all he listed (I question Ubi sports game) has been confirmed to be in development for the Wii U.

Where have they been confirmed? I know some are rumored, but AFAIK none of those have been confirmed as Wii U games. I would love for all of them to be Wii U games though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:06 AM »
Although Resident Evil 6 has been officially announced, it is a given for a Wii U launch title considering its release date and the fact that business between Nintendo and Capcom seem to be at a high point right now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:32 AM »
They've all been confirmed by the developers. Maybe you should revisit the Wii U thread.

Lego City stories was in the E3 presentation.
Ghost Recon & Killer Freaks where shown off on the Wii U hardware @ E3
Batman, Darksiders II & Ninja Gaiden 3 have all been talked about on numerous occasions by the developers.

You even back up the claim on Raving Rabbids among the rest of them, but then follow up that they aren't confirmed!?

Now that seems odd.

He forgot Aliens Colonial Marines, which has also been talked about and even shown off(again) in the GDC Epic reel.

But the majority of those are more than confirmed. Some we've even seen being played.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: March 10, 2012, 01:38:55 AM »
They've all been confirmed by the developers. Maybe you should revisit the Wii U thread.

Lego City stories was in the E3 presentation.
Ghost Recon & Killer Freaks where shown off on the Wii U hardware @ E3
Batman, Darksiders II & Ninja Gaiden 3 have all been talked about on numerous occasions by the developers.

You even back up the claim on Raving Rabbids among the rest of them, but then follow up that they aren't confirmed!?

Now that seems odd.

He forgot Aliens Colonial Marines, which has also been talked about and even shown off in the GDC Epic reel.

But the majority of those are more than confirmed. Some we've even seen being played.

Metro Last Light as well. Hving a new GTA and Call of Duty game at launch would help boost hardware sales. If Nintendo knew what was good for them then they get these as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:42:57 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5816 on: March 10, 2012, 01:43:43 AM »
BNM, I am referring to the list of games Kytim lists as "probably or unconfirmed". None of those have even been confirmed as Wii U games, so I don't see how they could probably be launch games.

Of those other ones, I know they have been confirmed as Wii U games, but only Darksiders has been confirmed by the developer or publisher specifically as a launch game. Are the others likely launch games? Sure, not denying that.

Metro is confirmed as a Q1 2013 game, so that def is not a launch game (or maybe even launch window, depending on the Wii U release date and what you consider as "launch window").

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:05 AM »
I can't speak on GTAV, but CoD will be on all available systems this fall/winter.
from iPhone to 3DS/Vita to Wii to PS360 to Wii U & PC

GTAV was part of the original rumors coming from 01.net, so I'm sure we will see it come to light at E3 as just about everything else they were talking about came true.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5818 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:11 AM »
I have no doubt COD will be on Wii U, and GTA V is likely too. I was just being on the safe side and sticking with games that have confirmation.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: March 10, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
Has there been any word on Dirt or F1 Racing for the Wii U? Also, Toki Tori 2 could possibly make Launch/Launch Window.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5820 on: March 10, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »
BNM, I am referring to the list of games Kytim lists as "probably or unconfirmed". None of those have even been confirmed as Wii U games, so I don't see how they could probably be launch games.

The list even said PROBABLE OR UNCONFIRMED, what part of that could be mistaken as he was saying it was confirmed? and then you even listed out the games on the confirmed list and proceeded to prove their announcements and then call then unconfirmed.

prepost edit: I see where the confusion is now. He listed that whole list as all Launch Titles.
Yeah, all of those at launch would be crazy, but that's why I think Wii U will launch early to get alot of those late ports out of the way and have a second hardware push with the hot winter games (CoD, Darksiders II, RE6, AC3, etc etc) leading the way.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: March 10, 2012, 01:56:48 AM »
Has there been any word on Dirt or F1 Racing for the Wii U? Also, Toki Tori 2 could possibly make Launch/Launch Window.
Project Cars has also been left off the list of confirmed Wii U games and I think DiRT was mentioned too, but I can't remember. & yes Toki Tori 2 was also just recently mentioned by the dev too.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:58:36 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5822 on: March 10, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »
Back in June IGN reported that a Dirt game was in development for Wii U, it could possibly be Dirt 4 (which was announced last December).

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: March 10, 2012, 02:02:26 AM »
The list of unconfirmed games could always be ported to the Wii U. Since the Wii U is more powerful than either the PS3 or 360 it could get upgraded ports with extra content in the same manner that the HD consoles got upgraded Wii games with extra content. A form of revenge if you will? Honeslty, Nintendo could request that online servies like Steam and Origin release pre-Wii U launch games to help close the gap.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
UE3 and UE4 for Wii
« Reply #5824 on: March 10, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »
I have BIG FAT news! A NWR exclusive! News that BlackNMild has speculated for the last week now.

I have a source, a super duper reliable source.

My source has told me directly:

That Epic is indeed running Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Engine 4 on Wii U!
To clarify on what was said, it was more along the lines of Nintendo tweaked the Wii U to make sure it can run UE4, which would explain the recent bump in specs... and apparently Nintendo is still tweaking the hardware.
I can't say what development company. But my NWR friends this is the super hyper mega truth! Anyone else not from this site would think I'm a lying moron, but I think you guys know me better to be an honest moron!This should actually go in the Wii U thread! That's how concrete this is!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:26:53 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn