Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 45  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 45
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:09:26 PM »
What happens when slow news hits? Filler episode!
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13216

Innuendo!

Episode 45: Nintendo Pirate Radio Rides Again

AAC Format

MP3 Format

Odeo Page    

powered by ODEO    

Fact is, folks, not every week can be interesting, and March 19th-25 was straight up dull. Combine this with the fact that most of the staff was busy with other projects (or "lives" as they sometimes refer to them as), and well, you've got a recipe for disaster.    

However, all is not lost! Returning seemingly out of nowhere is Stan Ferguson, who hasn't done an RFN since Episode 34! In celebration of this, we present to you an old-fashioned Nintendo Pirate Radio, chock-full of deviations from the topic at hand, more cursing than a pack of sailors, and Swete Pete: Pirate of the Jungle. You definitely don't want to miss it.

Credits:

This podcast was edited by Stan Ferguson. Commercials performed by Stan Ferguson and Karl Castaneda.

Music for this episode of Radio Free Nintendo is used with permission from Jason Ricci & New Blood. You can also purchase their album directly from the iTunes Music Store.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 45
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 11:35:50 AM »
Oh man, Pirates are back. I think I just teared up a little. Look away!  

Edit: Time travel! I will refrain from renaming the title...

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »
That's some scary listener mail.

I am now at the 85 hour mark in DQVIII, but you're right.  I likely won't be playing through it again any time soon.  My next goal with my shiny new PS2 is to catch up on the FF games.  I haven't played one since VII, since that game pissed me off so much.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »
I have NEVER seen the Newsbot reply to a post. IT'S ALIIIEEEEVEAAHHHHHHhhhhhhgurrrr

I just wanted to say... Kid Icarus is one of the only three virtual console games I've bought, and I will join Stan and Pale to stand in the cheery glow of its 8-bit brilliance. Karl, you just don't know because you weren't born yet. I'm sorry that you're not older, and you should be too.

Plus, it's one of the most mature adventures of the 8-bit era, right after Thomas and his never-ending battle against confetti balls and other fearsome kung fu warriors in, um, Kung Fu. Where else could you find such adult-oriented game play as this scenario:

"Fear not, noble warriors. I will save you all with my magic "WEE-WA" mallet, petrified Centurions, only to have you utterly destroyed three by three in glorious battle against the boss of the temple where you were imprisoned. I mourn the fact that your steely helmet and ability to fly (albeit in a predictable "wave" pattern) couldn't overcome your puny, slow arrows or lack of a healthbar. I will bear your charred carcases back to your homeland after this fight is done, but for now, I have a giant, one-eyed, screen-filling boss to shoot in the eye over and over and over again."  

P.S. – You guys scared me when you suddenly yelled out "BE THERE" in unison. I nearly fell out of my chair at the coffeeshop.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 45
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »
EXCITE TRUCK!  
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »
Great feature, "How long is too long?"  One thing I like about the game I am playing through now, Splinter Cell Double Agent, is the fact that I can save anywhere at anytime just like a PC game. It's 2007 developers, most games should have this ability.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 12:26:43 PM »
I'm kind of curious, guys - do you prefer the more straight-laced and professional Radio Free Nintendo, or the relaxed and more tangent-filled Nintendo Pirate Radio? Stan and I were talking about it after recording this episode. We were going to request emails about it, but I think we forgot to.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 12:36:12 PM »
I enjoy the smooth silky voice of Mr. Jonathan Metts.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »
Depends on whose is doing the podcast. Obi, Karl, and Stan are good at off the cuff. I think Jonny and Windy and TYP are better when it's more formal. Bloodworth can do both because he is the greatest mod  ever

Offline WPack911

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 07:40:11 PM »
BTW guys you were wrong about the Wii Opera Browser, it is going to be a free download for the first 3 months of it's release and yes that is free as in you download it and can use it forever after you do.  Maybe you guys could mention this as a correction in your next Podcast real quick.

After that 3 month period if people want to Download it it will be $5, but come on people you have 3 months to get it if you already have a Wii so just do it, I know I am.  

-WPack911
Does Nintendo Still rule after all these years?  Maybe now more then ever.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 03:55:10 AM »
I'm finally listening this week and i just wanted to say "Huzzah!" to Stan for liking Kid Icarus too.  I still stand by my Recommended for Everyone statement!  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 08:32:43 AM »
"Recommended for Everyone Who's Not Jonathan Metts"
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
I enjoy the smooth silky voice of Mr. Jonathan Metts.

QFT
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Bloodworth can do both because he is the greatest mod  ever

Second'd.

But on the topic of radio/podcast host, my nod goes to TYP. He's the bees knees if you know what I mean. Frankly, I think he's got the best voice for it and all that jazz. And I'm not joking. He really is my choice for best host. And he is great off the cuff too. And that's my two cents. Well, 23 skidoo.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »
If you want to save in the middle of dungeon in Twilight Princess, just warp out. I do agree though, that, in general, that the fact that you can't save anywhere in most console games is a problem.

I disagree that there's such a thing as an ideal length for games. If a developer wants to give me 50 or 100 hours of great gameplay, I'll gladly take it.

Originally posted by: ViewtifulGamer
I'm kind of curious, guys - do you prefer the more straight-laced and professional Radio Free Nintendo, or the relaxed and more tangent-filled Nintendo Pirate Radio?

I prefer the ones where Evan hosts.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 06:19:24 PM »
If gameplay is really great, then I don't mind length.  I don't even notice it.  However, after twenty-thirty hours, a game can get...old, so I don't usually like them to be that long, because I put them down, and tend not to finish the game.

I think the ideal length is just that it ends before it wears itself out.  If a game does that, and is more than a couple hours long, I'm happy.  If a game is a couple hours long, it better have a lot of replay value or be very cheap.  That's just me, though.