Author Topic: Rogue Mafia: Day 9. The Seedy Rundown Motel.  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Rogue Mafia: Day 9. The Seedy Rundown Motel.
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:09:48 PM »
Placeholder for story. Yeah, I know I haven't been keeping up with the story of late but I have the day off tomorrow so I can catch up then.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE:Rogue Mafia: Day 9. The Seedy Rundown Motel.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:23:27 PM »
Only one person died yesterday:

Wandering

Voting ends at Midnight Eastern. No change there.

However, a bigger change is taking place. The Mad Scientist role. When I came up with the concept of holding back information, I did so for a reason. If you are the mad scientist, are you going to bring back a dead townie or a dead mafia member? Since you are on the townies side, you will most likely bring back the townie. So, to prevent that from happening, I decided it would be better if roles and methods of death were kept hidden for awhile. This way, anyone who died had a more fair chance of coming back and it could create some neat moments where a mafia member or killer was brought back.

Unfortunately, a flaw in that idea has been exposed and it is now being used against the intentions for which the rule was created. Therefore, I am adding a new amendment to the rules of the role. If the mad scientist has still not used the role after five days, then the day farthest back will finally have information revealed about it.

Now that last line may not have made much sense but here is the explanation of it.

The last time this role was used was the start of ene of Day 3. All information up to then was revealed the next day in day 4. It is now Day 9. That means information for the results of the following days has not yet been revealed: Days 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 or five days after the role was last used. So, information will finally be released about the results of Day 4. So, this will continue until the mad scientist role is used.

Here now are the events of day 4:  

Mantidor - A Rogue - Voted Out
Sessha - The Private Investigator - Killed by Mafia

Obviously, with this delay of information, a lot of you are going to need to start looking over the old threads. But, by going over them again, you can prepare for the info that will start coming every day now. Hopefully, this will keep things in balance again.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Rogue Mafia: Day 9. The Seedy Rundown Motel.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »
So basically, the Mafia jsut didn't show up at all yesterday then?

vote Athrun Zala
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 03:04:03 AM »
Kushrenda: Thanks for the amendment to the rule.  Personally, I would have changed it to every day the Mad Scientist doesn't use the role one day is revealed...but at this point in time we should FINALLY, be getting information each day.  

The Mad Scientist Role has been an interesting concept that has become completely unfair due to the Mafia being able to recruit special roles.  If that did not happen, then things would have been different.

Oh well.

Still have no vote, but I don't think the Mafia forgot to hit somebody.  We don't know the story yet.  Perhaps, the Tough Guy finally prevented another kill.  It is getting to be easier and easier to have a lucky guess, on who to guess.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:44 AM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days
So basically, the Mafia jsut didn't show up at all yesterday then?

vote Athrun Zala
obviously this will make me a perfect mafia hit, but I'd reconsider that vote if were you....

why? this is why

and just in case, placeholder vote in self-defense.... VOTE 18DAYS
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »
I believe you, Athrun.  It's a shame I can't vote to try to save you.

/boycott
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 08:26:28 AM »
I believe Athrun too.

But, what I don't understand is this boycott.  Look each game of Mafia has its own idiosyncrasies...and some are good, others are bad.  

Khush and everyone that hosts tries to add new elements to the game that make it exciting and different.  Sometimes they work great, other times they need tweaking...and the next time around it will be better.

To boycott just means you have decided not play period.  It is sad, because you are really just avoiding the game altogether.  And Khush is trying to make it better and fix the problems.  

Vote Vudu

For not playing the game.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 03:24:13 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu
This game is stupid.  I refuse to vote again until I find out the roles of the dead.

Also, I think 18 Days is mafia.  But I'm not going to vote because the game is stupid.

stupid
This is suspcious. Not only that but it's unfair to the rest of us, still trying to win this.

VOTE VUDU
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »
I'm going to have to agree. I've had my suspicious with Vudu, and this sorta goes along with them. A mafia member could "boycott" the daily voting process all they wanted, because their real seedy work goes on behind the scenes.

Vote Vudu

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »
Mafia bandwagon?  Yes, please.

Assuming the mafia doesn't win tonight (which they might, depending on how many remaining members they have) take note of who voted for me.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 05:02:54 PM »
Time. Voting is over.