NWR Interactive > TalkBack

The Disappointing Scarcity of Amiibo

<< < (2/8) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
I really want one of Olimar, but that hasn't been announced either.

Leo13:
I'm considering buying a few of these, but there is one that I MUST HAVE and that one to me is worth Pre-ordering...Shulk.

Triforce Hermit:
Shulk, Palutena, Link, and Fox are the only ones I care for. Two of those however might not restock (Shulk and Fox), and Palutena doesn't exist (missed opportunity). So yeah, Amiibo has been managed horribly.

TrueNerd:
Looks like my method of "Not Giving A Single **** About Amiibos" is working out even better than I expected. But yes, Nintendo's plan and execution regarding these things is weird/bad even by their standards.

ejamer:
Meh. I wanted to buy Villager because an Animal Crossing toy was too good to pass up, even if I'm not sure how useful it would end up being when it comes to gaming. Seems like that isn't going to happen.

Amiibo didn't seem terribly well thought out and implemented on the technical side, and now Nintendo has whiffed on the delivery of the physical goods as well.  Maybe using artificial scarcity to generate hype and drive sales is intentional, or maybe it's just another case of Nintendo doing a poor job judging/meeting demand. Either way, it just means I'm even less interested in collecting these figures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version