NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Unboxing the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition Set

(1/7) > >>

NWR_pap64:
Pedro looks through the special edition version of the classic SNES game.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/24551I really enjoy limited edition versions of video games and movies. Yes, they are quite expensive, and at times you get the shaft on what you are really getting, but the more elaborate the set, the more I feel like I am owning something special, a piece of the story so to speak. Granted, the Super Mario All-Stars limited edition isn't that elaborate, but there are a couple of things to like about it.The beauty begins with the box itself. The red and gold colors throughout the box are very striking, especially the Wii logo that adorns the top of all Wii boxes. The Super Mario 25th anniversary logo in front of the box is embossed, giving a very special "feel" to the package.
The front cover opens to show a preview of the package's content, such as the four games included on the disc and the soundtrack CD and booklet.The box houses both the game and the soundtrack CD cases. The Super Mario All-Stars box is typical, nothing worth mentioning. But the CD box is very nostalgic, to say the least. The cover features a classic NES system in front of a retro TV with Super Mario Bros. playing. It is a very nice touch that adds a lot of nostalgia to the package.The cover of the booklet is a mosaic composed of screenshots of Mario's games, forming the classic Mario sprite. I was surprised at the quality of the booklet. It is very thick and filled with a lot of great pictures and information regarding Mario's games. I won't spoil everything, so you gotta get the game in order to see the rest of the information.While not part of the special edition, the package also arrived with a letter from Princess Peach! The letter is designed to look like the letters Peach would send you in Super Mario Bros. 3 every time you beat a world. It exhorts you to save your power ups in order to beat tougher levels.The Super Mario All-Stars limited edition package may not be the most luxurious box set ever made for a video game, but it is a very handsome package, one that I am very happy to display along with my other Mario items.BONUS LEVEL!As a special, Mario-related bonus, here are a couple of videos of my kitten Nani playing around with Mario on the Wii Shop Channel.

jimwood27:
very cool stuff.  I was looking at the package today in Best Buy (getting it for Xmas from my lady, hopefully) and was pretty impressed with the box and the fold open cover.  the two full DVD cases are very welcome, what with Nintendo putting Wii Sports/Resort in just cardboard cases in the new bundles.  some of the things included might be a bit thin for some but its a nice little package.

Penguin_Of_Thyme:
I really enjoyed watching your cat's head bounce in rhythm to Mario getting coins. Is it strange that the inclusion of the Princess Peach letter really increases my interest in buying the collection?

NWR_pap64:
The letter isn't part of the package, unfortunately. It is PR material that came with the copy. I do wish it was part of the package, though, as it is very cool and very nostalgic.

TJ Spyke:
The damn seal on the box ripped some of the artwork of the top, they should have just used plastic wrap like normal. The artbook is OK (I guess I won't spoil what is in it either), but I don't see myself looking through it again. I also wish the soundtrack had a track listing so I would know what I should write when importing it to my Xbox 360 (and importing it on PlayStation 3 didn't help as the track names were all wrong). I will not mention issues with the actual game here though (other than the disc will be in 4:3 with black bars on the side).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version