NWR Interactive > Podcast Discussion

RFN RetroActive Game Nominations

<< < (94/115) > >>

Pixelated Pixies:
There's two fantastic NES games, that I only played for the first time on Wii VC, which I would be interested to hear discussed in more detail by the RFN crew. Those games are 'Ufouria: The Saga' and 'Faxanadu'. I believe both have been discussed on the podcast before, so I'm not sure if that makes them less eligible for Retroactive nomination given it's stated purpose of focusing on games which have not recieved much attention or which might not otherwise be discussed. Still, I'd really like to hear an extended discussion on both games as they are really quite interesting in their own ways and each would now rank among my favourite NES games.
In case you haven't played these games, I really would recommend downloading them on VC. Weirdly, I would argue that both games are inspired by Nintendo titles, but both in my opinion also surpass the games they're inspired by. Ufouria for instances is very much patterned off Metroid, but it's much tighter and more focused, and in my opinion more fun than the original Metroid. Faxanadu on the other hand is in some respects quite similar to Zelda II, but again I found it much easier to get in to.

Crimm:
DS game: Infinite Space.

FEEL MY PAIN

Shaymin:
Doesn't the game have to be readily available?

ejamer:

--- Quote from: Shaymin on May 28, 2012, 06:10:11 PM ---Doesn't the game have to be readily available?

--- End quote ---

Which games aren't available at minimal effort/expense?  Some of the GameCube titles I'd guess?

Nice thing about Infinite Space is that the game is cheap to import, and both DS/3DS units can play imported DS games with no problem.  I tried finding a copy in North America for anything bordering on a reasonable price for ages without luck before realizing that there is literally no barrier of entry for DS imports if you already shop online.

Personally, I'd nominate one of the Wonder Boy games that were just released - either the Wonder Boy in Monster Land arcade original or the newly-translated Monster World IV.  Both games are now available for minimal investment on multiple systems, aren't they?

Crimm:
Where did you import it from, Europe?

I can't IMAGINE trying to play that game without understanding what its saying.

Edit: WAIT!? THAT GAME GOES FOR $75!? HOLY HELL!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version