Author Topic: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 3: But where are the folders??!?!)  (Read 273770 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 2: Joy-Con Boogaloo)
« Reply #925 on: March 07, 2018, 11:29:39 AM »
Fortnite is basically confirmed too. Armature Studios is working on a port for an unspecified system...and Epic Games CEO said he'd love to have it on Switch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 07, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »
Fortnite is basically confirmed too. Armature Studios is working on a port for an unspecified system...and Epic Games CEO said he'd love to have it on Switch.
That would be a much faster turnaround for a popular game than Nintendo had for Minecraft. Which I guess could be a good or bad thing.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 08, 2018, 07:37:44 PM »
Sooooo maybe Armature wasn't working on Fortnite Switch.

https://kotaku.com/fortnite-is-coming-to-mobile-will-support-cross-platfo-1823630676
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 08, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »
Today's Nintendo Direct had a lot of content that personally doesn't appeal to me, but I think is a pretty nice sign for those who are looking for a varied console library.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 08, 2018, 08:47:41 PM »
Pretty solid Nintendo Direct even though there were a lot of ports, man.

Still, definitely a good variety. I'm actually kind of interested in Mario Tennis Aces now, and I've never bought a Mario Tennis game ever. I'm glad we got some solid release dates. Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes getting a 2018 release was fairly surprising to me.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 08, 2018, 08:52:21 PM »
Mario Tennis has potential legs in it's online multiplayer which is good but no details on story mode has me slightly worried. They'll talk about later for sure but still...

Sushi Striker getting online multiplayer was a nice surprise. I wonder if it will have cross-platform multiplayer though.

I don't want to buy Captain Toad Treasure Tracker again, but who am I kidding...

Very much into the online expansion for Splatoon 2. Did not think that game would get any more single player content.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 08, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »
Mobile Fortnite will make a ton of money...but not putting it on Switch is a huge mistake.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 08, 2018, 09:45:36 PM »
I think that for me at least, today's Direct definitely shifted the needle from "interested in a Switch" to "inevitable purchase" haha. As someone who plays a lot of Wii U, thus far I've mostly been able to ignore Switch as only Mario Odyssey, ARMS and maybe Bomberman R seemed like must-play titles for me. (Sine More EX, Steamworld Dig 2 and FĂ© all interest me but aren't system sellers imo.)

Really liking what I've seen of Mario Tennis Aces in the Direct though, motion controls are fun, and you can also ignore them if desired. Lots of options, it looks pretty fast, the chain chomp biting down on a racket is hilarious... Sold!

Undertale and Okami HD are also huge announcements for me, even though they're ports. Plus could see myself wanting to try a modern FPS like Wolfenstein 2 or Doom, as well as popular titles like Dark Souls Remastered... That's beginning to look an awful lot like Critical Mass to me...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 09, 2018, 02:09:53 AM »
Smash is coming!!!

Lots of great titles. I almost don't care they are mostly ports. I have been meaning to buy Treasure Trackers so I'm happy to see this coming. Thinking I might hold off on buying up old Wii U titles at the rate we are seeing ports.

Okami is very welcome, especially glad to see the motion controls included. Hopefully we get a remake of the DS sequel on Switch later. Always hated its lack of analog support.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:14:01 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 09, 2018, 02:21:49 AM »
Again, I’m glad that there’s games coming to Switch. After an incredibly stellar year one, it’s nice to have a break to catch up on indies and some older stuff that I missed out on. I just don’t find a majority of what has been announced to be all that appealing and that’s a-okay. I’m a man of specific tastes.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 09, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »
What games are you hoping get announced, Evan?

That’s a serious question. I’m in no position to judge. I’m just preordering things I have no time for but like to pretend I do.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 09, 2018, 01:29:16 PM »
Mobile Fortnite will make a ton of money...but not putting it on Switch is a huge mistake.

I still think Fortnite is coming to Switch. But they really want to go after PUBG so I think that's why they're releasing these mobile versions now.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 09, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »
What games are you hoping get announced, Evan?

That’s a serious question. I’m in no position to judge. I’m just preordering things I have no time for but like to pretend I do.
What games am I hoping to get announced? Golly. To be honest, a lot of the things I would like to be announced have already been seen in some shape or form- Shin Megami Tensei V, Travis Strikes Again, Metroid Prime 4, Shining Resonance, Pillars of Eternity 2, Ys, Pokemon, Smash Bros. Whether or not these games are coming soon, the console is primed to be one that I sink a lot of hours into. That being said, I see a lot of games that are popular elsewhere coming to Switch, but a lack of content that really engages me, personally. I'm a fan of the weird and of immersive sims, so that Travis Strikes Again and Mario and Rabbids are currently the weirdest games on the console leaves me wanting more.

I'm a huge Pikmin fan, especially after Pikmin 3, so sign me the hell up for Pikmin even if it's not a huge title. I'd honestly prefer it to a somewhat lackluster-looking Kirby or Yoshi game in the Switch's second year, but that's just me.

Likewise, while Sakurai has stated he left Nintendo to move away from constant sequels, another installment in the Kid Icarus franchise with a similar style to Uprising (and a control scheme that doesn't make people's wrists explode) would be welcome. The series has taken an over-the-top and spectacular turn, so I'd hope that it gets another chance on Switch.

Ports I'd personally like to see are things that might not run smoothly on Switch- things like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, or Dishonored. These are the games that take a long time to make because they are focused on quality content, and seeing that on a system made by a company with similarly high quality would be nice. I don't really care for South Park, or Assassin's Creed, or Sports Games. I want things that are wacky and different. Vanillaware titles, Atlus stuff, Sin and Punishment, weird Nintendo collaborations that give us gems like The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Capcom titles, like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. While some of these are better saved for later in the console's life, and it is important that Nintendo get the heavy hitters out sooner so that the install base is high for later, a mixture of new and weird, old yet high in quality, and heavy-hitter recognizable IP is what I'm looking for. It's great to see all these titles vying for attention on Switch, but none save for a few have scratched the itch I have.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 10, 2018, 10:18:45 AM »
That was a lot more in depth than I was expecting. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was just curious what would move the needle for you based on your comments about the latest Nintendo Direct.

While I'm eternally excited about every Super Smash Bros. reveal, nothing in the Nintendo Direct was awe-inspiring for me. If anything, I appreciated the variety. The more games that are announced, the less I feel I'm missing out for not having a PS4.

You mentioned Vanillaware. Now, you're talking my language.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 15, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »
I'm just wondering what happened to Pikmin 4.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #940 on: March 15, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »
It's kinda weird, but I think Nintendo is intentionally shelving it for when there's a gap in Switch releases.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2018, 09:50:34 PM »
So it's coming out later this year, then.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 16, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »
Nintendo just announced “Nindies Showcase Spring 2018” for 03/20 at 12:00 PM.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #943 on: March 16, 2018, 10:17:39 AM »
That Yoshi game is probably also done by now too.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 16, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
Maybe Pikmin 4 was a really cookie cutter sequel, like they just used the Pikmin 3 engine and assets and made new levels.  That worked as an emergency title if needed but didn't quite meet typical Nintendo standards (think Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash).  But the Switch has caught on and they're less in need of a quick 'n' dirty title so they've gone back to the drawing board to make a more fully fledged out Pikmin 4 that better meets their standards.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #945 on: March 16, 2018, 12:41:17 PM »
That's a very optimistic viewpoint.  I like it.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 16, 2018, 05:11:26 PM »
The same thing happened with Pikmin 3 though. It was announced or mentioned after the infamous "Nintendo hates hardcore loves casual" 2008 E3 conference. It was after their presentation and in interviews that Miyamoto mentioned Pikmin 3 was in development which was seen as Nintendo trying to appease some of the "hardcore" fans that they weren't forgotten or maybe do some damage control from the current perception. Whatever the case, Pikmin 3 would never be released on the Wii despite being mentioned like that and it would be 5 years later on the Wii U that the game came out. With Pikmin 4, was it ever actually confirmed by Nintendo? At least Pikmin 3 was mentioned by Miyamoto which is why it stayed in the minds of fans but I thought the Pikmin 4 rumour was just that. A rumour and then Hey! Pikmin! was later revealed confusing people if that was supposed to be Pikmin 4.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »
Wasn't there a rumor going around that Pikmin 4 got wiped into a franchise reboot?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 16, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »
Here's an article from July 2015 with Miyamoto saying Pikmin 4 is "very close to completion," an official confirmation from Nintendo that it was in development, and some other bits that make it hard to think he's talking about Hey! Pikmin.

Ok. I couldn't remember what was said about Pikmin 4 compared to the Pikmin 3 circumstances which are forever embedded in my mind.

Wasn't there a rumor going around that Pikmin 4 got wiped into a franchise reboot?

Can't say I ever heard that rumour.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.