Author Topic: Bravely Default: Mammon and her Elixer  (Read 9578 times)

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Bravely Default: Mammon and her Elixer
« on: January 04, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »
Okay! so, I got Bravely Default for Christmas and have been steadily working at the game. i am kinda befuddled by this one, especially since I don't really know if I love or hate this game yet.

At any rate, I'm here to ask you all about help with Norende Village! particularly...

This particular Nemesis boss (bosses that appear in your Norende Village map after a street and/or spotpass) has a special elixir item that is a rare steal. but... not every version of this nemesis has the Elixir to steal. Why go through all this trouble for an elixir?

For some reason, the ones you steal from this boss are 25,000 PG a pop. by stealing and running away  4 times successfully, that's 100,000 pg.

I won't be heartbroken if none of you have this special Mammon to pass me, as I've been making Pg just fine by leaving my 3DS on overnight while spamming the Merchant's "Big Pharma" with auto battle, but it'd save on my poor in game clock if one of you had an Elixir Mammon to spot pass to me.

My 3DS friend code is 5455-9389-2608.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Bravely Default: Mammon and her Elixer
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:23:35 PM »
Spamming the gameplay strategy forum? How low you fallen in 2015, ClexYoshi.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
You know I maxed everything out in the Demo for this game and Still haven't bought the game...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 05:35:57 AM »
Spamming the gameplay strategy forum? How low you fallen in 2015, ClexYoshi.

Hey, I can't help if I had an internet hiccup when I posted this and I jammed the refresh button about 3 or 7,000 times wanting to save my post!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 08:01:14 AM »
You know I maxed everything out in the Demo for this game and Still haven't bought the game...
Honestly, you're not missing much.

I would argue the demo is better than the game itself.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 10:39:16 PM »
Honestly, you're not missing much.

That's a tad harsh, methinks. the game is fun enough and it has what i feel is the best version of the Job SYstem in a Square-Enix game. the full game is worth it enough for the silly min-maxing you can do alone.

Speaking of which, I did get a Mammon with Elixers. too bad for the most part i have all the money I could ever want. :C

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:11:39 AM »
If the jobs were higher quantity but leveled similarly to how the demo worked, I would have had much more fun with the game. As it is, the early game jobs aren't that fun and get outclassed later by other types.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 03:14:19 AM »
If the jobs were higher quantity but leveled similarly to how the demo worked, I would have had much more fun with the game. As it is, the early game jobs aren't that fun and get outclassed later by other types.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

I'd argue most of the early game jobs are really great.
Freelancer's gained JP up is wonderful and Mimmick allows you to do high brave cost attacks multiple times.

Monk is great for late game with abusing with phoenix strike and minus strike.

Black Mage is needed for effective use of the Arcanist job, not to mention it's all magic+poison having great synergy with Red Mage's one ability that gives you 2 brave every time you get hit with a status effect

White Mage is the quinessential healing class

Knight is actually pretty awesome early on if you level up norende village quick because the blood shield makes Knights pure awesome!

All things considered, the job balance is pretty great, and it's super easy to max jobs out given the battle speed options and the great auto-battle function.

The game is great, and it's just... the presentation in some spots where it really starts to fall apart at the seams.

Offline GaziSalahuddin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:59 AM »
Monk is great for late game with abusing with phoenix strike and minus strike. I would argue the demo is better than the game itself.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 10:15:18 AM »

Oh snap!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.