Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 215540 times)

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
Sorry, I was off travelling irl but I am back now! I am missing 2 diving creatures for my museum - spiny lobster and some crab. THEN I'll be done the museum. I've kind of given up on the badges. I just wasn't having fun trying to 100% them any more.

Sounds like you are hosting visitors now. I can make trips if you need some more afterwards. Just give me some suggestions of what to watch on Netflix...

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Ah sweet! Yeah, I've kind of stated a few posts back about how just trying to get the rest of the badges has started to just become a chore. It wasn't so bad when it all just part of my daily routine. But catching another 3000 bugs just seems a bit pointless. Still, since I'm going to keep at it a bit longer because I've gotten this far.

Yes, I have a visitor at the moment but they are just making their last trip for the day. So, you could start coming over right away. As for Netflix, I don't know what's on it since I don't subscribe to it. What do you like to watch?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
My battery dies on my 3DS. I'll have to charge it again before I open my gates.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
My battery dies on my 3DS. I'll have to charge it again before I open my gates.

Or just leave the charger plugged in so it runs on AC power instead of the battery.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Yeah, I just don't have a free plug where my desk is. I need another power strip.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Sorry, I was off travelling irl but I am back now! I am missing 2 diving creatures for my museum - spiny lobster and some crab. THEN I'll be done the museum. I've kind of given up on the badges. I just wasn't having fun trying to 100% them any more.

Sounds like you are hosting visitors now. I can make trips if you need some more afterwards. Just give me some suggestions of what to watch on Netflix...

We doing this? Should we pick a meeting time?

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
What! I'm surprised you don't have Netflix. I'll give almost any show and genre a try. I'm skimming the movie threads for some ideas... I'm just finishing supper and I'll be on in maybe 10min?

Move your desk, Stratos!

edit - getting online. are you just leaving your game on for some visits?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:30:17 PM by Dan Laser »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
What did you end up watching on Netflix in the end anyways?

And Stratos, in a hilarious twist, despite the amount of time you had your gates open, I was only able to make 13 visits to you. First, I had to stop when other players showed up to start visiting me and then when you opened the gates again, an error occurred after 7 visits and you didn't reopen the gates so I gave up and called it quits.

In the end, I have 355 trips I still need to take and 87 visits left so progress is still being made. If you want to leave your gates open again, I could try for more later tonight as I'm not really expecting any visitors.

Back to Dan Laser, we should arrange a time to do some duping for you still. I still want to get you a complete catalogue in return for all the help you gave me to get one.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'm going to see a play tonight so I'll leave my system on and open for you. I'm glad to see you got some visits in before the error. I forgot to check on it and hoped you at least got some.

We are moving to a real house this spring instead of the cramped apartment I have been in since 2009 so I will make sure there are plenty of extra plugs and power strips as part of our move-in expenses.

Do I have you friend code set up, Dan?
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I guess I'll make some trips.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I was able to make 23 trips Stratos before an error occurred locking me out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
The Dan Laser List

I just want to break up your list to figure out which of my accounts has these items. I've sorted it out for my own reference. However, I have a question for you on some things at the bottom.

Heero Account
Cafe uniform (Brewster)
ABD (post office)
Aluminum briefcase (post office)
Barrel (Pascal)
Bronze bug trophy
Cicada stereo (bugoff)
Coffee grinder (brewster)
Fedora chair (DLC)
Keg (pascale)
Post office poster (post office)
Safe (post office)
Spiderweb clock (Bug Off)
Toy camera (Katie)
Turkey (Thanksgiving)
Vintage telescope (Pascal)
Ship Deck (Pascal)

Relena Account
Snowman Carpet (Snowboy)
Snowman clock (Snowboy)
Snowman fridge (Snowboy)
Snowman vanity (Snowboy)
Snowman wardrobe (Snowboy)

Treize Account
Princess Wall (Gracie)
Gorgeous Wall (Gracie)
Gracie Wallpaper (Gracie)
Gorgeous Floor (Gracie)
Gracie Carpet (Gracie)
Princess Carpet (Gracie)
Princess series (Gracie)
Gorgeous series (Gracie)
Gracie series (Gracie)
Card screen (Gracie)
Card Sofa (Gracie)
Volleyball net
Tokonoma
General's fan
Hinaningyo
Backpack
Gray parka
Jagged tee
Peachy tee
Periwinkle tee
Snowy sweater
Straw shirt
Dapper skirt
Cake tank dress
U-R-here dress

Don't have:
White school cap (DLC)

Despite saying you have 74 items left, you list the Gracie Series, Gorgeous Series and Princess Series as being one item. Are you looking for every piece of furniture in those series?

The white school cap is an interesting thing. I didn't have it in my notes. I think the reason for that is because the White Team Cap is the exact same thing. The White School Cap was released as DLC in Korea but from what I can tell it is just the White Team Cap. The only thing I'm not sure on is if it provides an additional entry in the catalogue. I'll have to do some more research on this one.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:17:29 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
Ah, yes, I completely overlooked the Gracie listings. That's what I get for being lazy. I need the complete Gorgeous and Princess sets, and I think pretty much all but 2 or 3 of the Gracie set. So that ups the number of missing items a bit, huh. Sorry about that.

I did just get the coffee cup so ... that's one less anyways!

How nice and organized! It seems much more manageable if we work through one character's stuff at a time. I wonder about the White School Cap thing. Doing a quick search on it now, people do seem to think that they are separate entries. Each one is also listed on moridb.com . Which means... your catalog isn't 100%?!?!

edit - these items can be removed from the list:
Coffee Cup
Cream & Sugar

Patched pants (Halloween)
Green-pumpkin head (Halloween)
Pumpkin head (halloween)
Purple-Pumpkin head (halloween)
Red-pumpkin head (halloween)
Yellow-pumpkin head (halloween)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:04:43 AM by Dan Laser »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, I guess it isn't 100% in that regard. I'll have to see about getting that redundant piece of clothing.

I'll update my lists then as you eliminate some stuff. Figure out Gracie series stuff you still need. It's not a big deal to provide it all. I've set things up in my house so that every floor is a Gracie season. Winter, Fall, Summer, Spring and Sales. That will still be easy enough to gather and provide. It just means a few more trips are needed. Pick a day and time you want to meet up also and we can start clearing this list up.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Also, Stratos, I've got some TV I was going to catch up on tonight so if you've got time to leave your gates open, I'd be up for making some more trips to your town while watching me programs. on the telly.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So, I was going to mention this to you before Stratos when we were talking but then we started discussing my problem villagers instead.

To get public works requests, it will happen when a villager sees you and has that ping sound go off with a couple lines appearing above their head. It's when they want to see you and talk to you. This could happen when you first start up your game and pass by the villagers who are out walking at that time. Only one of them will do it though. So, if you had 5 villagers walking around and 1 pinged like that, then the others will not ping. So, the goal is to get more pings.

Now a ping isn't always about a public work request. It can be many other things like villagers mentioning they will move, asking for new catchphrases, making a nickname for you, selling you items or even just having a conversation. However, since public work requests can only pop up this way, getting more ping requests means you'll have a better chance of a public work request happening. To get more pings, this is what you do.

Go into the water all the way to the water's edge and then stop and wait there. Note the time and after 6 minutes or more have passed, then swim back to shore and go looking for villagers. The first one you see will usually have a ping occur to them. Talk to them and see what they say. If you've gotten no public work request, then go back into the water and repeat. If you had a villager ping you but it wasn't for a public work project, don't worry about avoiding them for another ping. They could still request a public work if they ping again later.

You can only get one public work request a day so if you don't get what you want or want more, then you need to move on to a new day. If you look up more info on public work projects, you'll see that some are only requested by a certain villager. I'm at a point where I've gotten all the public work requests a type of villager can make with some of their personalities. In that case, I do try to avoid them when hunting for a villager to give me a ping. Since I'm pretty sure any villager can request a police station, I don't think you have to worry about seeking a certain type of villager but if you check and see that you've got a personality type from which you've gotten all or most of the public work requests you can from them, then that might be the best one to target for a ping since if they do request a public work, they will have a much lower public work pool to request from. How is that sentence for making you go cross-eyed?

If all of this still sounds quite foreign to you, here's a YouTube video describing and showing it for you. It also has some other tips like leaving your pockets empty or filled with things villagers don't buy from you.

Finally, a couple other things that may help you. I've noticed that if I'm really good friends with a villager, they seemed to request public work projects more than villagers I'm not so buddy-buddy with. So, keep friendship levels high. As well, you may experience a moment when you walk by all the villagers and none of them ping you. In that case, talk to one as it may be that they need to tell you a message first like "take a break, you've been playing a lot" because an hour has passed by. Getting that message cleared up allows them to ping again.

I've been doing this when engaged in other things like watching TV or cleaning up. I can just have my guy wait in the water for a bit, do a quick walk through and if no request is made, hop back in the water and go do other stuff until my next check-up. That's why I didn't see your first message last night and that's what I was doing in game. Hope that helps if you still want to do stuff in New Leaf. Also, clean up your town. It was so sad walking through it the other day and the amount of weeds that were there.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'm familiar with the pings and how to try and get them. I just don't have the time and drive to try and eek out extra pings anymore. Though I am starting to get the itch to complete the game again...
My Game Collection

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
Hey Mr Khushrenada, did you want to try to dupe a couple things later this week? Maybe focus on one character's items at a time? I'm not in a hurry for the items, but just don't want to be holding you back.

I can do some travelling or leave the gates open for visiting too.

Oh yes, I think I added you Stratos... I will double check.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I figured you could also take advantage of my town when I leave the gates open as well, Dan.

I'm going to play a bit more this weekend and decide if I want to keep at the badges and items. I need some bugs and fish/sea creatures to finish my museum and I should at least complete that.

You want to knock out those travelling/host badges this weekend Khush? We could do Saturday or Sunday evening or some time Monday.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I'd be free to do some duping either late tonight like 9:00 pm PST or else on the weekend. I've busy tomorrow night. On Saturday, I expect to have all afternoon and evening open. On Sunday, I've got the morning and afternoon but that evening will be busy. Then there's Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening. A lot of unbooked time on next week.

I'd like to do the duping over 4 days. One day per account. Just start picking some days.

Open gates is the big thing I need right now. I just need 18 more visits to my town and then I have the gold hosting badge (according to my calculations). However, I still need to make 320 trips so I really need to get more focused on that. I'd like to make 25 trips a day if I could and then I could have that wrapped up in about 13 days. (Just like the Cuban Missile Crisis.) Although if you are willing to leave the gates open for long stretches on this weekend, I may just try to power through as many visits as I can make and see what I can do that way.

A good time that works for me is probably earlier in the week like Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Those seem to be most of the TV shows I watch are one so it's pretty easy just to make some trips back and forth while watching them.

Let's start booking some times.

Stratos - Considering your Monster Hunter fanaticism, I don't think going for gold badges is in your future unless you have a 5 year plan for this game. However, you could go for at least getting all the bronze badges. Even that is pretty significant accomplishment it seems considering the amount of players I've met on Club Tortimer, Streetpass and trades. It's rare for any player to accomplish that even. I know when I finally got my last bronze badge and all the slots were full, it felt like a big accomplishment that even if I don't get all the gold badges, I'm ok with that. I've progressed farther than most. The bronze requirements aren't too difficult to accomplish.

You should try and complete the museum. It's another nice thing to sort of cap off the game and I still like to wander through my complete museum from time to time and look through the exhibits.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I was looking at my badges the other night when we were travelling and I have about half of them I think. Some I know I can knock out with a little more work so that sounds like a fair goal.

I was trying to do the same thing on Monster Hunter before the new one released but that isn't happening because some are completely up to chance (all of the gold crowns for size of monsters hunted). Plus the 10 maxed out sets of armor and 10 of each weapon type maxed out means a lot of grinding for very rare drops for a single achievement. But I have at least fought all of the monsters once.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
As it turns out, there's a blizzard happening in my 'burg so I'm going to be home most of the night (though I still have to make one trip to the supermarket) but if you want to make some visits to my town or open your gates, I can do it much sooner than expected. Like right now. I'm just playing Canvas Curse but could stop.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Who's leg do I need to pull to get an abd duped for myself.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
You know there's only person you have to ask in this league of assassins, er, New Leaf traders.

Offline Dan Laser

• View Profile
I figured you could also take advantage of my town when I leave the gates open as well, Dan.

Cool, sounds good Stratos! And same to you if you see my town is open, whether you need to make trips or sell stuff (my local fruits are apples by the way). I’m also still in early November if there is anything you need to get at that time of year.

I’ve been meaning to get back into MonHun too, so it will be good to have another contact :D . I’ve played with Maxi a couple of times before long ago, but not sure if I’ve played with other members here as well… I’m still a newb though.

I ended up helping a friend move this weekend so I wasn’t as free as I thought I’d be! If I remember, I can just leave my game on for anyone who wants to travel.