Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 215431 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I blame Pokepal. He is sabotaging Khush's efforts because he wants to complete his challenge first.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Hey, what about me? I openly declared my desire to sabotage Khush and you went with Pokepal first?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Who are you again?

I blame Pokepal. He is sabotaging Khush's efforts because he wants to complete his challenge first.

Eh. I said in his Pokémon Quest thread that I'm ok with him completing his challenge first as it just means that I had the harder challenge since it will take longer.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:21:38 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Dang, so it sounds like you guys didn't have much luck after all? My internet connection seemed speedy enough - it was just the DS that was having issues. I had even turned off wifi on all computers, phones, tablets, no netflix or TV, etc.

Just when everyone is around to travel, the internet doesn't work!

Well, as I recall, Stratos has had a bit of a spotty connection for awhile. Sometimes it can last awhile but an error usually seems to occur after awhile. I remember have to make a few saves on trips he would make to town to sell turnips.

With you, the connection is often quite good but we'd get the rare glitch or two. I'm hopeful that such was the case on Saturday. I'm curious to see what happens the next time we try to connect. If you have some time to leave your gate open and let me visit, perhaps your connection can do what Stratos' connection can not and let me acquire that bronze travelling badge. Plus, I could drop off a few more items for you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
How you doing Dan Laser? Haven't heard from you lately and I'm still waiting to meet up and get you your remaining items. Did the artwork I give you let you finish off your Museum?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So, when I'm not single-handedly ruining the reward programs of various mega-conglomerates and corporations, I'm still keeping up with New Leaf in my spare time.

Although these days, it's more like some weird flower growing sim. I pretty much have no reason to go to my shopping district anymore except for the Dream Suite to work on that badge. And despite telling myself to just be fast and enter a dream and then exit, I can't help but still take a walk around to check things out and see if I can find something worth imitating or inspiring. Most of the time, it's pretty meh. The best places seem to be Japanese but you have to search for that location. I've yet to get a Japanese location from asking Luna to choose a dream a for me.

When I'm not in the shopping district, I'm just trying to grow various hybrid and have a large selection of every flower. I was finally able to achieve perfect town status yesterday though. Now if I can hold onto that for 14 more days I can finally get the golden watering can and have all golden tools. Kind of ridiculous it took me this long to get to perfect town status but I finally picked everything up off the ground and stored it away which was really the only holding me back after all this time.

I also was able to finally get the bronze travelling badge so I now have all bronze badges. Part of me is questioning if I really want to go trying to earn all the gold badges as there isn't really that much fun in the remaining quests. At least just having one of every type of badge is kind of good enough.

I'm also trying to unlock all the Public Works Projects if I can even though I won't build them all. There's still a couple I'd like to build that I need requested (like Stonehenge). I've been making some alright progress in that regard and have been fortunate to get 7 more requested of late. There are still 17 more projects left to get requested though.

Once I get the Public Works I want and built, I'll then alter my landscape of trees and flowers around them. With that done, I'll really have nothing left to do in this game besides the badge quests. The less I have to check in with this game, then the more I can keep playing other titles. Thus, it will make it a bit easier if I only have to play to chip away at the badges and it won't be such a big deal to keep up as well. When I got back into this last month, I was just about 4 months behind. Now I'm just under 2 months behind real time. I want to catch up to real time so that I'm no longer affecting my streetpassing abilities by constantly changing my times which can hopefully help me in the streetpass badge as well.

Oh well. Just a little update on this as it has been partially a New Leaf blog of mine just as much as it was a matchmaking thread. I know my New Leaf progress has been a big inspiration for many people on this board.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
You make me want to make a completion blog for Monster Hunter. Some of their badges are insane to complete. May do it for MH4U.

Did you want me to open up my town tonight for you to travel too? I have homework but can at least leave it set up for you again and hope we have better connections than last time.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
While I never like to refuse such an offer, I am heading out to see a movie tonight. Thus, I probably wouldn't be able to hook up until I get back which would be close to 9:00 pm your time. If you're alright with meeting up then, we could try it out and see how your connection works.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be home and ready until around then anyways.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, I'm ready to meet up now whenever you are.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Opening gates now. I'll be doing homework and checking in from time to time.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
And I'll be watching Parks and Recreation and The Flash. Everybody wins.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Looks like it's working out for you. Let me know when you are done.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah. You're connection is rocking tonight!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Must have been a fluke. My sister was having an issue with the Nintendo Network the other night. None of her games could connect on the Wii U or 3DS. The internet ran fine on all computers and phones. The eShop worked but nothing else. Just gave errors about the wi-fi signal being poor.

Anyways, I want to use my 3DS for something else so I'm going to close my gates if you don't mind. I can do this again another night if you would like. Then this weekend I could do some visits to you to help your badges be set. Might be able to recruit help as well.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Ah, I wondered if maybe your power went out. My 3DS had gone to red. I was going for 25 visits and was just 2 short but that's ok. I'm still 23 trips closer to the goal, right? If you don't mind leaving your gates open like that, I'm definitely happy to have a source to make the trips.

I've got 350 visits to my town so far. By the weekend, that should be 371. If you can make some visits, I'd welcome them. I'm closer to completing the hosting badge than the travelling badge right now. The only question mark is what your connection will be like in the future but I guess we can only find out by trying it out here and there.

Anyways, thanks for the open gates.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Typically I have a solid connection. I rarely have issues with other games over the years. We can try again Thursday or Friday. This weekend there may be time for me to make some trips to your place.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
If you are good with hooking up at the same time tomorrow as we did yesterday, then I'd like to try travelling again tomorrow night.

And if you'd like to make some trips this weekend, I'm sure we can arrange a time to meet-up.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So, Stratos, were we going to try and connect again tonight? Will we have open borders?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Sorry, I was pooped and just played a different game for a bit before going to bed. Tonight I'll do it for sure as it is Friday and I typically stay up later at the end of the week now.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I just got off of work late. I'll be open for business shortly if you are still interested.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I had thought about asking to meet up with you last night around 8:00 PM your time again but didn't see you on the boards and wasn't sure if you'd remembered so I just watched a movie. I ended up going to be 25 minutes after your post to since I was pretty tired. However, if you want to meet up sometime today and tomorrow now, I'm wide open to do so.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
So Leif is by my house wanting to make a game out of weeding. Did you need anything from in this activity? How is your weeding badge coming along? I apparently have 129 weeds in my town.

I am opening my gate while I do homework.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I've got the gold weeding badge already. I can come and pick weeds to get you some weeding furniture though.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Nuts. Have to put the trips on hold at the moment. Just got someone making 7 trips to my town and since I still think getting people to come to my town for the hosting badge is harder than people leaving their gates open so I can get the travelling badge means visitors to me get priority. Once done, I'll try coming back some more if you're still able to leave it open. Too bad I missed your message when you first posted it. I was busy playing some Pushmo. 14 more puzzles to go and I'll have completed that game.