Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1589682 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #1800 on: November 23, 2011, 10:58:14 PM »
Your original reasoning behind it was crazy though

I just have a strong that Retro Studios is working on the next console Starfox. Here is why:

Graphics of the Metroid Prime series + The cartooish atmospehre of DKCR = Starfox Wii U

that requires a LOLwut.jpg
but I don't feel like looking for it right now.

your fleshed out reasoning later made much more sense, but the comments like the quote above come from you far to often.

That post was made very late at night and I was very sleepy.

You must not get much sleep.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: November 23, 2011, 11:26:28 PM »
Your original reasoning behind it was crazy though

I just have a strong that Retro Studios is working on the next console Starfox. Here is why:

Graphics of the Metroid Prime series + The cartooish atmospehre of DKCR = Starfox Wii U

that requires a LOLwut.jpg
but I don't feel like looking for it right now.

your fleshed out reasoning later made much more sense, but the comments like the quote above come from you far to often.

That post was made very late at night and I was very sleepy.

You must not get much sleep.

I work fourty plus hours per week and still find time to frequent these forums and play games.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline yosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 02, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
Just read an announcement from Reggie stating that Wii U will be completely different than Wii and that the players buying Wii U games will also be different meaning that they will have moved up from casual to hardcore. It's probably old news to most, but it blew me away completely especially after playing Nickelodeon Skyward Sword. People have no idea how excited I am for Wii U. I've been Nintendo since day one and well when Wii came out it was just like wtf so to see them say Wii U will be the opposite I'm so hyped.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 02, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »
Just read an announcement from Reggie stating that Wii U will be completely different than Wii and that the players buying Wii U games will also be different meaning that they will have moved up from casual to hardcore. It's probably old news to most, but it blew me away completely especially after playing Nickelodeon Skyward Sword. People have no idea how excited I am for Wii U. I've been Nintendo since day one and well when Wii came out it was just like wtf so to see them say Wii U will be the opposite I'm so hyped.
Link or it didn't happen.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline yosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 02, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-01-nintendo-wii-u-appeals-to-different-type-of-gamer-than-wii-does
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:07:36 PM by yosh »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 02, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
It's got a fantastic library of games - Super Mario Bros DS, Mario Kart DS - I think over 1400 games. I think it's a different kind of consumer than those who really want to experience the 3D of the 3DS.
That sentence is why NoA is fail.  You are the head of NoA at the very least you should be able to go that there are over 1,400 games without sounding like your not sure.  Another thing to point out is yet again how out of touch NoA is with the consumer.  They be the Senate if they were in government.  "...who really want to experience the 3D of the 3DS." should have been "...who really want to experience the Advanced Features of the 3DS."  The 3D is the last thing you want to push in a 3D Fatigued American market.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »

Reggie says a lot of things.
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 02, 2011, 05:57:11 PM »

"hardcore" does not mean "edgy"!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 02, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »
Reggie: I did not have any ****** relations with that console.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 02, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-01-nintendo-wii-u-appeals-to-different-type-of-gamer-than-wii-does

This is typical PR gibberish. They always say stuff like this every time. It means nothing and Skyward Sword is epic!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline yosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 02, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

This is typical PR gibberish. They always say stuff like this every time. It means nothing and Skyward Sword is epic!

It's epic, but you have to admit that those flying pirate things and the Leviathan boss looks like something you'd see on Nickelodeon.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 02, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
The game looks fantastic. I really don't think they could've done better in terms of art style (at least with an older Link).
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 02, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
i used to watch this show called grimms fairy tales on nickelodeon it was epic

heres the intro, and if you liked that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBzlKHMwK6Q

then it doesn't matter, youll like this one better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJx8-DGgbiM&feature=endscreen&NR=1

explains why I would like anime later on in life so much
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:57:30 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 03, 2011, 12:27:26 AM »

It's epic, but you have to admit that those flying pirate things and the Leviathan boss looks like something you'd see on Nickelodeon.

Yeah the Leviathan is right out of Spongebob /Avatar  ::)
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline yosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »

Yeah the Leviathan is right out of Spongebob /Avatar  ::)

He's like a giant cross between Squidward and Plankton. I want some of that GoW Leviathan **** in a Zelda game.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:54:53 AM by yosh »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: December 03, 2011, 01:18:49 AM »
i don't have censorship on, why is **** censored?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 03, 2011, 01:50:00 AM »
It isn't. I intentional typed it that way so you can fill it in with your own word. For those who need an explanation: It's a Bill Clinton joke.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline yosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 03, 2011, 01:56:03 AM »

Fixed. I didn't know the rules with swearing. Also how come it doesn't show anything under my name even though in my profile I wrote stuff under it?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 03, 2011, 02:16:02 AM »
It isn't. I intentional typed it that way so you can fill it in with your own word. For those who need an explanation: It's a Bill Clinton joke.

oh no I got that, I was commenting on the novelty of Yosh.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 03, 2011, 02:27:37 AM »

Fixed. I didn't know the rules with swearing. Also how come it doesn't show anything under my name even though in my profile I wrote stuff under it?

The personal text in the profile isn't the same as the text under your name. I'm not sure what the point of that is, as you can only see that when looking at your profile. The text under your name can only be changed by moderators.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 03, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
Project C.A.R.S. slated for a Wii U release
(Community Assisted Racing Sim)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-24-project-cars-preview
How that finished product makes it to the market remains in-flux. For now, it's set to be a free-to-play PC game, powered by micro-transactions that will, Slightly Mad says, be competitively pitched, undercutting its competitors in what they're calling a supermarket pricing philosophy. There's the intention of having it come to console too, with Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U versions currently slated - which suggests a boxed copy when the project nears completion in 2013, an idea that Slightly Mad isn't entirely averse to.
Official site: http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/
Video of Race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rag4sXgntuw&feature=related

The more the merrier. And I'm sure it will make good use of the tablet as a steering wheel should it ever actually see retail or console release.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »
Ubisoft Quebec working on a "AAA Wii U MMO"?
http://www.facebook.com/ubisoftquebec?v=app_404596412628

positions are open and they are hiring to fill them

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 05, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »
Ubi Soft preparing to rush the system at launch. That seems to be working out for them as some of their Kinect launch titles are getting sequels.

As for the game being an MMO, I wonder if that means the Wii U online structure is an open free-for-all. Ubi Soft probably plans to have a more substantial U-Play service if that is the case.

While it would be nice for Nintendo to have some sort of universal Wii U online identity and account service, I'm going to assume that is not going to happen. It can't be too hard for Nintendo make one, can it? I mean, Club Nintendo stuff must already have some of the work done.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1823 on: December 05, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »
The 3DS has universal friend codes and you can link your system to your Club Nintendo account, so I would think it wouldn't be that hard.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 06, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
"Nintendo Wii U Specs Leak to the Web"
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/nintendo_wii_u_specs_leak_web

On paper, the Wii U is not only on par with the Xbox 360 and PS3, but it's actually 50 percent more powerful, game industry analyst Arvind Bhatia from Sterne Agee told Wii U Daily. More recently, Wii U Daily claims to have spoken with another developer who was willing to go into specifics.

According to this unnamed developer, the Wii U will rock a quad-core 3GHz PowerPC-based processor built on a 45nm manufacturing process. It's similar to the one found in the Xbox 360, but updated and with an additional processing core. It will have 768MB of DRAM embedded with the CPU that will be shared between the CPU and GPU, and an unknown 40nm AMD-based graphics chip.

The source tells Wii U Daily that Nintendo's currently testing two versions of its next generation console, one with 768MB of RAM and one with 1GB. All of these specs could change, however, as the Wii U's release is still several months away.

For those who like looking at spec sheets.
EDIT: Er, rumors of spec sheets.

EDIT, EDIT: Ah, they have their own threads.
Wii U Specs: 768MB of eDRAM & 3Ghz QCore PPC? <-- Rumor thread

Wii U has quad core 3GHz CPU, 768 MB of RAM <--It's own thread
orz
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:21:10 PM by Enner »