Author Topic: Rockstar's Table Tennis Announced for Wii  (Read 9343 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Rockstar's Table Tennis Announced for Wii
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 05:55:28 AM »

Originally posted by: soracloudtidus
One interesting note: Table Tennis entered the Olympics before Baseball.

Thats because Baseball isn't a sport.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Rockstar's Table Tennis Announced for Wii
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »
And no countries even take baseball seriously, it'd be like cricket being an olympic sport.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1

Originally posted by: soracloudtidus
One interesting note: Table Tennis entered the Olympics before Baseball.

Thats because Baseball isn't a sport.

ZIIIIIING!

I'm glad there are people out there who hate baseball as much as I do. Well technically I only hate the slow ass pace; everything else is pretty cool.

I'm die-hard Cura ( 'COO'-'ra': arabic for soccer) fan.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Rockstar's Table Tennis Announced for Wii
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 04:26:20 AM »
Soccer is to slow for me.*
I really enjoy Baseball** and its "slow pace" as an in person spectator sport.  Bring good company and it can be a really fun time.
I might as well weigh in on everything else as well.  Football is a TV Sport for me.  Hockey I can't get into.  Golf is nice scenery and somewhat calming.  Tennis is always interesting.  Rugby makes a great Videogame.  Racing if its just on an oval I can't really get into it;  I need variety.  Though to say in all actuality I'm not really a die-hard fan of any of these.  Really casual actually.

*To clarify on the Soccer its not that the actual game itself is slow.  Quite on the contrary.  Its just the pace between major events is slow, sudden, and infrequent.  I look away for a second to mention something or to get some food and someone makes a goal.  Then I'm back to watching ball management.
** Though I prefer Minor league because it is less mechanical and people make mistakes.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 09:41:35 PM »
Bump! http://www.jeux-france.com/news21444_gc-table-tennis-sur-wii-en-video.html

Gameplay video from Europa Land! How does it stack up compared to the 360?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »
Tried this out at Rockstar's booth. The graphics look very similar to the 360 version minus the good textures, hope the bump it up. Control isn't as laggy as the videos made it look, but there is a little bit there. You flick the remote in the direction you want to hit the ball, give it spin, etc. Simple mode you don't have to use the nunchuck, but I guess advanced mode you can. (not 100% clear with what the attendant told me.) Not really my kind of game, but I think the PING PONG fans will like it.