Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Comparison Video  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Xenoblade Chronicles Comparison Video
« on: September 04, 2019, 07:12:42 PM »

Check out how the Wii version looks compared to the upcoming Definitive Edition on Nintendo Switch.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/video/51630/xenoblade-chronicles-comparison-video

Watch the Xenoblade Chronicles video comparison below.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles Comparison Video
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 02:17:18 AM »
Call me crazy but I actually kind of prefer the look of the original. I also really liked that thus far each of the xenoblade games had their own artstyle and it's a shame to see that go.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 02:52:16 AM »
Call me crazy but I actually kind of prefer the look of the original. I also really liked that thus far each of the xenoblade games had their own artstyle and it's a shame to see that go.

The character models in the Switch version match their original artwork now.  This new version is more accurate to how the developers wanted the game to look had the Wii hardware for a huge openworld game not caused character models to take such a hit.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »
I can't justify re-buying this when I have a digital copy on Wii U that I haven't bothered to play yet.  BUT it has reminded me that I should probably give it a go once I wrap up my first run-through of Fire Emblem.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 11:12:41 AM »
That’s fair and a completely rational choice. I have a physical copy of Xenoblade Chronicles that I know I’m not going to hook up my Wii to play. I’ve tried at least three times since 2010. Really, I should admit I don’t have the time and level of effort to tackle an RPG at my age. Then again, I seem to enjoy just throwing money at Nintendo. I also have Link’s Awakening pre-ordered on Amazon.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 11:54:05 AM »
I've already completed this game back on Wii, and while I enjoyed it, I can't see myself ever playing it again. That isn't a knock against this game, it's more that it's a huge game which takes a while and I already have so much else new to play.