Author Topic: Rising Star Games to Publish No More Heroes in Europe  (Read 2058 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Rising Star Games to Publish No More Heroes in Europe
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:50:28 PM »
Suda 51's action game is currently slated for a February 2008 release in the region.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14698

RISING STAR GAMES TO PUBLISH NO MORE HEROES    

Rising Star Games is pleased to announce that it will publish No More Heroes, the highly anticipated action game by Tokyo-based acclaimed game designer, Goichi Suda, (Suda 51). The project has been developed by Suda 51’s development studio, Grasshopper Manufacture, Inc. and Rising Star Games’ parent company, Marvelous Entertainment. No More Heroes is set to arrive in Europe in February 2008 exclusively for Nintendo Wii.    

No More Heroes tells the story of Travis Touchdown, an animĂ© fan who lives in the fictional town of Santa Destroy, California. After an unexpected turn of events, Travis finds himself being approached by the head hunter of an assassins’ organisation. Travis is challenged to prove himself worthy by defeating ten other bloodthirsty killers – all with deep stories of their own – to make his way to the top of the assassins’ league.    

“Rising Star Games is very excited to be bringing this latest project from Suda 51 to the European market," commented Martin Defries, Managing Director, Rising Star Games. “He is without doubt a legendary creative powerhouse within the gaming industry. No More Heroes is shaping up to be a widely anticipated Q1 title for both the trade and consumers alike. It’s a massively engaging and immersive gaming experience for the Wii. This is exactly the right product to broaden the format’s appeal to a wider, more serious gaming audience."    

No More Heroes realises the dream of Wii players everywhere as they can wield the Wii Remote to swing the beam katana and perform spectacular wrestling moves. Suda 51’s creation features avant-garde graphics which will thrust players into a stylised world filled with edgier gameplay. Taking its lead from the silver screen, the storyline is riddled with laugh-out-loud violence, black humour and irony-filled dialogue. No More Heroes is a multi-sense video game experience: dark, engaging and pure entertainment!    

“With No More Heroes, we wanted to create a game that allows players to be able to jump right in and play," said Suda 51, president of Grasshopper Manufacture. “The Wii allows us to create an open world where movement and gameplay feel very natural."

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Rising Star Games to Publish No More Heroes in Europe
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 12:11:31 AM »
Europeans are getting the game at the same time I am?

LAME.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
RE:Rising Star Games to Publish No More Heroes in Europe
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 02:53:32 AM »

Originally posted by: ViewtifulGamer
Europeans are getting the game at the same time I am?

LAME.

VICTORY.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Rising Star Games to Publish No More Heroes in Europe
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:02:31 AM »
They published Contact so it's not that big of a surprise. Well, that they publish it, not when they do so.