Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 663805 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Foxconn "Leaks" Edition)
« Reply #2250 on: October 13, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »
Someone at Wikileaks the Kremlin needs to hack Nintendo asap.
FTFY
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Foxconn "Leaks" Edition)
« Reply #2251 on: October 13, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
This thread needs a new title.  I'd like to suggest either "Baseless Speculation Edition" or "Legend of NX: Lack of Information",

Legend of NX: Breath of a Console

We can always do better.

EDIT: Here's a brief history of this thread's title changes:
- NX and third parties - June 2015
- NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (July 2016 Release? $150? Third Parties?) - July 2015
- (Unprecedented partnership with Square Enix?) - August - September 2015
- (CONFIRMED:You can't WII your game on it.) - September - October 2015
- (Only the best industry-leading [potato] chips!) - October 2015 - January 2016
- (Your guess is as good as mine EDITION) - January 2016
- (The rumor well is drying up! EDITION) - February - March 2016
- (CSI:Sweden Zoom and Enhance! EDITION) - March 2016
- (#TeamButtons Wins Again!) - April 2016
- (#Team2017 Wins Again!) - April - August 2016
- (Team. Buttons. For. Life.) - only NickMitch used this one, BOOOOOOO
- (New Splatfest! AMD vs NVDIA) - August 2016
- NeoGaf Repost Thread (May also contain NX rumors) - August 2016
- NX hot scoops straight from Google! - August 2016
- Back to NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Calm before the storm? Edition) - September 2016
- (Foxconn "Leaks" Edition) - September - October 2016
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:10:39 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Zelda Williams Twitter Watch 2016)
« Reply #2253 on: October 13, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »
(The rumor well is drying up! EDITION) - February - March 2016

As true today as when it was first created.

https://www.google.com/amp/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3213925-expecting-nx-console-disappointment-macquarie-cuts-nintendo-neutral

Next week?

I've been saving the date of Oct. 20 for just this occasion.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 13, 2016, 07:28:26 PM »
Next week would be just before the investor meeting, so, it does make sense.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 17, 2016, 10:42:14 AM »
Let's ditch all the stupid hardware talk and get to the really good stuff: exclusive games that will make other gamers very salty.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/rumour_new_beyond_good_and_evil_title_set_to_be_a_semi-reboot_and_nx_exclusive

Dale also states that she's been informed by another source that [BG&E2] is indeed an NX exclusive, and will have a CG trailer to be shown as part of the system's reveal (whenever that will be). The target release window is apparently Summer 2018.

I want this to happen because I love chaos. I want incessant port begging that will make Bayonetta 2 port-begging look tame by comparison.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 17, 2016, 11:29:04 AM »
Do we have a thread of rumored or confirmed games, exclusive or otherwise for the NX yet?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2257 on: October 17, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
This thread needs a new title.  I'd like to suggest either "Baseless Speculation Edition" or "Legend of NX: Lack of Information",

We can always do better.

And better we did.  Cudos.

- (Team. Buttons. For. Life.) - only NickMitch used this one, BOOOOOOO

Boo yourself. #TeamButtons
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 17, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »

We can always do better.

Boo to you, too.  And it's Kudos.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: October 17, 2016, 01:55:53 PM »
I speculate NX will have full Unreal 4 and unity support.
This is similar to what it could look like

I always liked these fan demos.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:06:53 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 17, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »
There are sources multiple saying there's going to be a digital event on the 21st for the NX, Also people are speculating on a tweet from AMD about consoles using AMD the usual line of suspects and a tag line MARCHing into battle.

People are speculating that this ties into the NX unveiling this week.

Time will tell :)
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Minsc

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: October 17, 2016, 08:12:30 PM »
I find living my life and not checking much anything video gaming is working wonders.  Being glued to the internet and a Nintendo fan must be painful.

Don't see myself buying the NX (or any console) but I am curious as to what the Big N will ship out.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 17, 2016, 09:21:01 PM »
I find living my life and not checking much anything video gaming is working wonders.  Being glued to the internet and a Nintendo fan must be painful.

Don't see myself buying the NX (or any console) but I am curious as to what the Big N will ship out.

Get "N" or get "Out" :p

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: October 17, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
During last week (10/10 - 10/16), Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb was away from that week's Bombcast on assignment. Peter Brown from Gamespot appeared on the 8-4 Play podcast, which is based in Japan. It seemed very odd for Jeff to be on assignment given this time of the year is review season rather than preview season. Giant Bomb doesn't regularly attend non-major publisher events. The possibility of Jeff going to a Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare review event is moderate, but I believe he would rather wait to have the full game in the comfort of his home or work. Then we have Peter Brown being in Japan when nothing is really happening in the Japanese video game industry on the surface. Peter Brown is the head reviews editor of Gamespot, so taking a (short) vacation during review season seems ill-advised.

That was a long paragraph explaining how I jokingly thought to myself, "Is it the NX? Are they there for the NX? Are they getting videos and photos and interview time and hands-on time and...."

And now we're here on 10/17/2016 when there are strong rumors that the NX reveal is nigh.

Ahhh... now I'm finally in the crazy.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2264 on: October 17, 2016, 10:02:26 PM »

We can always do better.

Damn.  You're right. :(

It looks like everyone on Twitter thinks this is the week. I really just need to know now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: October 17, 2016, 10:40:00 PM »

We can always do better.

It looks like everyone on Twitter thinks this is the week. I really just need to know now.

All sources indicate this Thursday or Friday being the day of reckoning!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: October 17, 2016, 11:38:17 PM »
During last week (10/10 - 10/16), Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb was away from that week's Bombcast on assignment. Peter Brown from Gamespot appeared on the 8-4 Play podcast, which is based in Japan. It seemed very odd for Jeff to be on assignment given this time of the year is review season rather than preview season. Giant Bomb doesn't regularly attend non-major publisher events. The possibility of Jeff going to a Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare review event is moderate, but I believe he would rather wait to have the full game in the comfort of his home or work. Then we have Peter Brown being in Japan when nothing is really happening in the Japanese video game industry on the surface. Peter Brown is the head reviews editor of Gamespot, so taking a (short) vacation during review season seems ill-advised.

That was a long paragraph explaining how I jokingly thought to myself, "Is it the NX? Are they there for the NX? Are they getting videos and photos and interview time and hands-on time and...."

And now we're here on 10/17/2016 when there are strong rumors that the NX reveal is nigh.

Hmmm... Somebody check the whereabouts of IGN Nintendo team. probably Peer Schneider or Brian Altano?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: October 17, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »

Hmmm... Somebody check the whereabouts of IGN Nintendo team. probably Peer Schneider or Brian Altano?

I mean, this all makes infinitely more sense than a random word in a trailer.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: October 17, 2016, 11:58:05 PM »

I mean, this all "almost" makes infinitely more sense than a random word in a trailer.
"fixed" :p

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: October 18, 2016, 01:25:46 AM »

We can always do better.

This week I'm out of town on business and will have no time to surf the net for Nintendo news.  So this is totally going to be when they finally reveal this thing.  Nothing would fit the typical pattern of my life then for me to go through months of nothing only to miss when something real is actually  revealed.  This might as well be a lock.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: October 18, 2016, 07:45:46 AM »

We can always do better.

This week I'm out of town on business and will have no time to surf the net for Nintendo news.  So this is totally going to be when they finally reveal this thing.  Nothing would fit the typical pattern of my life then for me to go through months of nothing only to miss when something real is actually  revealed.  This might as well be a lock.

We'll keep you briefed :)

Offline Minsc

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: October 18, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »

Oh when the time comes I'll Get N (to the hype).

Your username takes me back to simpler times.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: October 18, 2016, 08:17:40 AM »

Oh when the time comes I'll Get N (to the hype).

Your username takes me back to simpler times.

Wasn't THAT long ago lol :)

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: October 18, 2016, 08:19:11 AM »
Happy has Posted this imaged on his Twitter

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: October 18, 2016, 08:20:28 AM »
Evidence is showing I was right, AMD is the manufacturer powering the NX home console :)