Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 668235 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Foxconn "Leaks" Edition)
« Reply #2150 on: October 01, 2016, 07:24:29 PM »
So far we only have two competitors in the Videogame industry..... What... am I missing someone you say? Oh that's right.. Microsoft. From what I hear they may not be staying in the console race for much longer, as shareholder aren't happy and there's talks of pulling from the gaming division.. but we'll see.

We've been hearing those rumors for years. I'll believe it when we see it.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: October 02, 2016, 12:30:18 AM »
So far we only have two competitors in the Videogame industry..... What... am I missing someone you say? Oh that's right.. Microsoft. From what I hear they may not be staying in the console race for much longer, as shareholder aren't happy and there's talks of pulling from the gaming division.. but we'll see.

And each year we get closer and closer.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: October 02, 2016, 02:54:50 AM »
Looks like what EG was on about http://youtu.be/y-8dXWgrWRc lmao

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: October 02, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »
in case any one wants to have a clue as to what MG might be talking about, and I'm only guessing because he didn't specify, skip to 6:21 in the video.

and if that's the case, that's exactly why Nintendo tries to keep it's cards so close to it's chest, so that competitors can't come to market with something similar before they can launch.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: October 02, 2016, 11:57:05 AM »
in case any one wants to have a clue as to what MG might be talking about, and I'm only guessing because he didn't specify, skip to 6:21 in the video.

and if that's the case, that's exactly why Nintendo tries to keep it's cards so close to it's chest, so that competitors can't come to market with something similar before they can launch.

It's the tablet with wii remote like detachable controllers, I just don't believe the NX is a hybrid handheld at all.
Just like the mock ups and patents they had showed. I believe this is what they were confusing the NX for lol.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:02:05 PM by MysticGohan »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: October 02, 2016, 12:55:56 PM »
I believe this is what they were confusing the NX for lol.

I don't know. That sounds more like the behavior of guys who make YouTube videos with "inside" information.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2156 on: October 02, 2016, 02:00:17 PM »

And each year we get closer and closer.

I dunno.  MS just put out new hardware, with plans to release more in the future, I think this year put us further away if anything.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: October 02, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
I believe this is what they were confusing the NX for lol.

I don't know. That sounds more like the behavior of guys who make YouTube videos with "inside" information.

and EG has a perfect record.. right? :P

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: October 02, 2016, 04:33:16 PM »
and EG has a perfect record.. right? :P:

No one has a perfect record. But between EG and some guy on YouTube I'll go with EG more times than not.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: October 02, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »
and EG has a perfect record.. right? :P:

No one has a perfect record. But between EG and some guy on YouTube I'll go with EG more times than not.

I'd go with a better source than EG lol

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: October 02, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »

Something like a unique controller shouldn't be what defines your latest game console, though. They got away with that with the Wii, sort of. There was a lesson to be learned from the Wii and now the Wii U, and if something like these detachable controllers is something that needed to stay close to the chest then produce a box that is so impressive that people don't really fixate on the controllers.

Imagine with me for a moment if the N64 controller was Nintendo's big idea to revolutionize 3D gaming. What if the N64 was just an minor improvement over the Super Nintendo like just enough to make Mario 64 possible. Imagine that the controller was the thing Nintendo was busy highlighting.

That's how Wii and Wii U have felt for me. I'm sure a lot of us are feeling that way. Brand new way to play games with 6 year old technology right out of the gate. Wow. Exciting. Limitless potential.

Tired of the emphasis being on controllers. Let us play with power!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:51:45 PM by Agent-X- »

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 02, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »

Something like a unique controller shouldn't be what defines your latest game console, though. They got away with that with the Wii, sort of. There was a lesson to be learned from the Wii and now the Wii U, and if something like these detachable controllers is something that needed to stay close to the chest then produce a box that is so impressive that people don't really fixate on the controllers.

Imagine with me for a moment if the N64 controller was Nintendo's big idea to revolutionize 3D gaming. What if the N64 was just an minor improvement over the Super Nintendo like just enough to make Mario 64 possible. Imagine that the controller was the thing Nintendo was busy highlighting.

That's how Wii and Wii U have felt for me. I'm sure a lot of us are feeling that way. Brand new way to play games with 6 year old technology right out of the gate. Wow. Exciting. Limitless potential.

That was Nintendo's.slogan "now you're playing with power"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 02, 2016, 09:53:23 PM »

Something like a unique controller shouldn't be what defines your latest game console, though.

The idea could have been much more than "the controllers detach" that needs to be protected. The very idea of it though is what produces cheaper knock-offs of the idea that make it to market, or at least public presentation, first.
Nintendo's idea could be more along the lines that the controllers detach so that the handheld can just be a tablet, or re-oriented into vertical view, or attach to a dock and/or become secondary screen to the TV while the controllers now act as independent wiimotes/wireless controllers used on the TV. Which would be quite unique for a home console/portable handheld hybrid.
But then we see something come to market where it's just detachable controllers to an existing phone or tablet, it kinda of cheapens the idea.

Much like when the Wii was released and then there waggle stick tv game knock-offs for a fraction of the prcice that hardly did even part of what the Wiimotes could do.

Seeing that vid of the tablet with the detachable controllers is only part of what was rumored/speculated for the NX, and for $299, I liked where it was going. Assuming N is going that route, I would expect much more towards what was speculated, which would pretty much make the device in that video look like an inferior product (outside of probably screen size).

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 03, 2016, 12:45:41 AM »
As much as I hate to say it BlackNMild makes some very salient points. As someone who wants a PS4 level machines with a more conventional control design even I have to look at some rumors pointing to powerful hardware and more streamlined design with a huge grain of salt. There has been nothing in Nintendo's history to suggest what some people here might desperately want. "Now you're playing with Power" was a slogan from the early 90s. It's 2016 yo.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 03, 2016, 01:02:34 AM »
why would you hate to say it?

anyway, to add to my early point, how the system plays, and the features it provides is exactly what should define their latest game console. It's about what sets it apart from the rest, not what makes it the same.
As you can see between XBO and PS4 the graphics are nearly identical, so they must do something that makes you want one over the other besides exclusive game content. Graphics are good enough to the point where pushing a few more pixels isn't gonna be the difference between whether this game is doable on this platform vs no doable on that platform when they all use the same display and button layout.

If Nintendo is attempting to pull off the rumored/speculated designs, especially based on the mock-ups seen, then Nintendo would technically be able to have everything the other current consoles have w/o any major compromise with the added addition of games and abilities of a handheld, all packaged neatly in to one simple device.

Depending on it's execution, it could change the game if it catches on. and it still doesn't prevent them from putting out a more powerful at home only console to compliment the NX.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 03, 2016, 01:38:37 AM »
As much as I hate to say it BlackNMild makes some very salient points. As someone who wants a PS4 level machines with a more conventional control design even I have to look at some rumors pointing to powerful hardware and more streamlined design with a huge grain of salt. There has been nothing in Nintendo's history to suggest what some people here might desperately want. "Now you're playing with Power" was a slogan from the early 90s. It's 2016 yo.

Nope, Now you're playing for player was first used in 1986 for the nes :p

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 03, 2016, 02:03:59 AM »
I believe they had a modified version of that slogan for the snes.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 03, 2016, 02:08:35 AM »
I believe they had a modified version of that slogan for the snes.
Indeed they did, Super Power!

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 03, 2016, 03:01:43 AM »
New info from HappyNintendofan:

Here's the new info: - Reveal date is set, soon & known by devs - Expect some more "leaks"/ leaks before the reveal - No Launch delay #NX

So we should hopefully be hearing something this month!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 03, 2016, 03:10:31 AM »

Here's the new info: - Reveal date is set, soon & known by devs - Expect some more "leaks"/ leaks before the reveal - No Launch delay #NX

Suits me. Here's hoping it is revealed 17 days from now like I've been telling people for months. Here's hoping that Adrock and Louie Turkey don't beat me out of my rightful prize of Official NWR NX Expert before then.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:52 AM »

Suits me. Here's hoping it is revealed 17 days from now like I've been telling people for months. Here's hoping that Adrock and Louie Turkey don't beat me out of my rightful prize of Official NWR NX Expert before then.

And I'm banking on being right about what's powering the NX, and hint: it's not Nvidia :p

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 03, 2016, 04:12:27 AM »
Love him or hate him, Dave has a valid point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqq3wetjQE

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 03, 2016, 05:11:13 AM »
No, he doesn't. SuperMetalDave64 is an attention-seeking hack who has posted nothing but confirmation bias for the past several months. Fine if he wanted to post one video explaining why he doesn't believe the Eurogamer rumor, but he keeps going back to that well for views which is just pathetic at this point. He has no credible sources, and no one will touch him or his channel now because he outed (and probably got the guy fired and blacklisted) the one source at Nintendo who slipped him info one time. I get that people are thirsty for NX info, but my goodness, we can all do better than SuperMetalDave64 and his condescending, poorly supported nonsense. This thread has been a waste of everyone's goddamn time for weeks now.

I don't even have an opinion on AMD vs. Nvidia anymore. It doesn't matter. And either way, I have no reason to believe Nintendo will ever launch a powerful box. What is NX? Occam's Razor points to it being largely handheld-focused because that's pretty much the only thing that has been working for Nintendo lately. That market has been Nintendo's darling for nearly 30 years.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:13:55 AM by Adrock »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: October 03, 2016, 10:41:26 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqq3wetjQE,

I was kinda impressed when i saw this, if this is even close to what Nintendo is planning then i think it might just work for Nintendo.

fast forward to around the 2 minute mark

Love him or hate him, Dave has a valid point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqq3wetjQE

We've reached peak NX rumor shitposting. I'm done here.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2174 on: October 03, 2016, 07:15:48 PM »
I hear many people looking back at the Wii and are saying the controller was the problem.

The Wii was a HUGE revolution in gaming controllers.  Should the box have been more powerful, with HD and a robust online infrastructure yeah...it should have.  And THAT was the problem, not the controller.

Nintendo should be looking to advance game controllers even more.  Yes, Waggle controls were not always great or fun, but that is partially because they didn't work perfectly.  However, the answer is not to throw out the baby with the bath water, but instead to figure out how to make a better motion controller. 

The fact that Nintendo abandoned the single most significant aspect of the Wii for the Wii Tablet and didn't figure a way to advance motion control gaming was shortsighted.  They should looking forward and perfecting motion control gaming because it really is the future and more enjoyable than holding a button traditional controller.

So in short, a console CAN be designed around a controller, but you better also have the other elements properly there to SUPPORT the backbone on the concept.