Street Fighter 6
0 (0%)
Super Mega Baseball 4
0 (0%)
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 15, 2023, 01:16:17 PM

Author Topic: 2023 NWR Forum Awards - Best Multiplatform Game  (Read 1058 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
2023 NWR Forum Awards - Best Multiplatform Game
« on: December 01, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »
The 2023 NWR Forum Awards
Best Multiplatform Game
This award is for a game that released on more than one console in 2023. The results of the poll will only be revealed once the voting is done (December 15). You should be able to change your vote until then. Make sure to sound off in the comments if the game is on your backlog as we have a separate award for that. Even though the official nominees list is closed, you can still reply with a write-in. Best of luck to all the nominees.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 01:36:07 PM by M.K.Ultra »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: 2023 NWR Forum Awards - Best Multiplatform Game
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 04:38:13 PM »
I thought that Octopath Traveler II was a switch exclusive until I prepared this event. It also feels like that game came out sometime before this year. Theatrhythm was another one that seems like it could have been switch only. This was suppose to be a place for all the non-tendo games, but most of these are available on switch.
Diablo IV is the one I am most interested in. I picked up a copy during the recent sales for PS5. I am hoping to play it online with a friend but it is still on my backlog.
Baldur's Gate 3 is probably the frontrunner in most game awards but not necessarily with this one. I do think Street Fighter has a really cool art style and sometimes just watch people playing on Twitch.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 11:07:53 AM »
In case you did not catch The Game Awards yesterday, here are some of the awards for nominees in this category:
  • Alan Wake 2 won Best Game Direction, Best Narrative, and Best Art Direction
  • Baldur's Gate 3 won Game of the Year, Best Performance (Neil Newbon), Best Community Support, Best RPG, and Best Multiplayer
  • Street Fighter 6 won Best Fighting Game
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 06:21:08 PM by M.K.Ultra »

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 06:09:38 AM »
I haven't played any of these games.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 06:36:01 PM »
The Awards for Best Multiplatform Game Go To...
Baldur's Gate 3
The third installment in the Baldur's Gate franchise released August 3, 2023 and was developed by Larian Studios. Since the game did not release on Nintendo Switch, NWR did not review it, however it currently has an 96 on Metacritic.
...and...
Diablo IV
The fourth Diablo game released June 6, 2023 and was developed by Blizzard. In just five days of sales, the game surpassed $666 million in revenue . Since the game did not release on Nintendo Switch, NWR did not review it, however it currently has an 86 on Metacritic.
...and...
EA Sports FC 24
The newly rebranded soccer game released September 29, 2023 and was developed by Electronic Arts. Since the soccer game launched on September 29, 2023, over 11.3 million players have been registered as logging into the game. NWR gave the game an 8/10 and reviewers John Rairdin and Neal Ronaghan said "EA Sports FC is a tremendous leap in the right direction for soccer games on Switch.".