Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1213133 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: (Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3900 on: February 22, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »
I hope it does well because I loved the book as a kid, and it is a trilogy, and it sucks when the first in a series pans enough they don't continue it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: February 22, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »
BP Update:
Currently tracking ahead of The Avengers domestically.
Already crossed $500M WW and could be @ $700M WW after this weekend is over.

Doesn't release in China till first weekend in March, and we expecting around $100M, so $1B+ is very much still in play.

Exciting times here.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3902 on: February 22, 2018, 02:47:18 PM »
I hope it does well because I loved the book as a kid, and it is a trilogy, and it sucks when the first in a series pans enough they don't continue it.

Except with Last Airbender.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: February 22, 2018, 02:56:51 PM »

Except with Last Airbender.

Or The Golden Compass/His Dark Materials.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: February 22, 2018, 10:21:52 PM »

Trilogy?  It's a quintet!  Although I can't see them making five without making the ones that come before it... and that would just get messy and confusing.

AWIT is my all-time favorite book.  I have a second edition printing in my office at work with an autographed photo of L'engle inside.  All I know is that it cannot *possibly* be as terrible as the last attempt. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: February 22, 2018, 11:28:58 PM »
Another BP B.O. update.

It's predicted to top $120M for its second weekend (that's more than it was originally predicted to make in early OW predictions, and way more than JL's opening weekend.

Chances are, it comes in higher than that as BP had been out doing every prediction thrown at it so far.
Either way, it's already done amazing, so it's all just icing on Marvels cake.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: February 22, 2018, 11:58:57 PM »
Idk anything about A Wrinkle In Time, but the trailers look really stupid.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: February 23, 2018, 12:29:49 AM »
I remember reading the book a looooong time ago.
I also know I seen the 80's/90's movie. I don't remember much about either, and I haven't seen the trailer for the new one, but I'm just gonna assume it will be a good one to take my daughter to at some point.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:47 AM »

From what I remember, that is also a challenge with this book. I recall it being very light on the action and more "heady" and philosophical than most books of that age-range.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: February 23, 2018, 04:52:04 AM »

Your face looks stupid... :p

Go see this movie.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »
Another BP B.O. update.

It's predicted to top $120M for its second weekend (that's more than it was originally predicted to make in early OW predictions, and way more than JL's opening weekend).

Chances are, it comes in higher than that as BP had been out doing every prediction thrown at it so far.
Either way, it's already done amazing, so it's all just icing on Marvels cake.

Just wanted to add something to this historic run for Black Panther. If BP hits over $100M in it's 2nd weekend, it will be the 4th film to ever accomplish that.

But here are some other records that it now holds:

LARGEST FEBRUARY OPENING WEEKEND - $202,003,951
PREVIOUS RECORD HOLDER: Deadpool ($132,434,639)
LARGEST WINTER SEASON OPENING WEEKEND - $202,003,951
PREVIOUS RECORD HOLDER: Deadpool ($132,434,639)
LARGEST PRESIDENT'S DAY WEEKEND OPENING - $242,155,680
PREVIOUS RECORD HOLDER: Deadpool ($152,193,853)
LARGEST MONDAY - $40,151,729
PREVIOUS RECORD HOLDER: Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($40,109,742)
LARGEST THURSDAY PREVIEW GROSS IN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY - $25.2 million
PREVIOUS RECORD HOLDER: Deadpool ($12.7 million)

I know Deadpool enjoyed it while it lasted. But the King has ascended to his throne in the month of February, making Black History.

edit:
It also holds the 2nd Highest 4-Day Gross of All Time and 2nd Highest Sunday of All Time  (2nd to SW:TFA)
2nd Highest Opening for a Comicbook Movie (2nd to The Avengers)
3rd Largest "Per Theater" average and that is with the smallest theater count in Top 15 Openings of All Time
15th Largest World Wide debut (w/o China or Russia) - China delayed to Lunar New Year

next we await to see if what the weekend brings.

p.s. I hear Game Night is pretty good if you're looking for a comedy this weekend.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:17:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: February 23, 2018, 11:52:16 PM »
I'm not opposed to seeing AWIT, just the trailers have been incredibly bad. If it wasn't for the book and the Disney label, I would think this would be a major flop. To be honest though, it probably still will be, like Tomorrowland.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: February 24, 2018, 04:20:27 AM »
To be honest... the trailers leave me... unexcited.  I sincerely hope that Disney just isn't quite sure how to market this one.  Like Black Panter, it breaks a lot of 'rules'.  Unlike Black Panter, it isn't a Marvel Movie and folks aren't likely to go see it on name alone.  Serioualy, I don't think I've seen a single Black Panter ad on TV.  Granted, I don't see a lot of Television ads anymore, but I *have* seen AWIT ads...

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: February 24, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »
So reviews for Annihilation are out and they're skewing rather positive. Has anyone seen this yet? I hadn't heard anything about it and I kinda worry it's been sent out to die against Black Panther at the box office.

Annihilation is directed by Alex Garland, who's previously done Ex Machina which was a super tense thriller. He also wrote the screenplays for Sunshine, Dredd, Never Let Me Go, 28 Days Later. As far as I'm concerned, Garland is basically batting 1,000 here. So I'm gonna see it on that basis, but no screens near me are showing it so far. >:C

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: February 25, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »
BP claims highest 2nd weekend EVER with an estimate $108M
http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-natalie-portman-annihilation-game-night-weekend-box-office-1202300998/

Before today is over, it will have crossed $400M domestic, 4 days sooner than The Avengers.
That also puts the movie over $700M Worldwide, with China set to release either next weekend, or the one after that.

So that Billion Dollar March continues!!

edit: actual numbers coming in, and BP manages to out perform estimates again. $113M+ for the weekend
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:16:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: February 26, 2018, 01:35:14 AM »
So reviews for Annihilation are out and they're skewing rather positive. Has anyone seen this yet? I hadn't heard anything about it and I kinda worry it's been sent out to die against Black Panther at the box office.

Annihilation is directed by Alex Garland, who's previously done Ex Machina which was a super tense thriller. He also wrote the screenplays for Sunshine, Dredd, Never Let Me Go, 28 Days Later. As far as I'm concerned, Garland is basically batting 1,000 here. So I'm gonna see it on that basis, but no screens near me are showing it so far. >:C

Having seen Black Panther much sooner than I expected (I'm really confused as to why everyone has been so hyped about this movie and still am after seeing it but that's neither here nor there) that means the only other movies currently playing that I really want to see are Annihilation and Game Night. My interest in Annihilation was peaked when I saw a trailer for it at the theater a month or two ago. Having since learned who is behind it as Steefosaurus has highlighted made it more of a must see. However, it is Game Night I'll be going to see with a friend tomorrow so it will be a couple more days before I check out Annihilation.

Game Night reminds me of a Bill Murray movie I used to like as a teen called The Man Who Knew Too Little. The trailer seemed like it might have potential but comedy movie trailers are often deceptive. However, the reviews have been pretty positive for it so I'm hoping it turns out to be a fun night.

As for A Wrinkle in Time, I regret that it is one book I've yet to read. I've always heard the title bandied about as a great book and it is supposed to be a classic but never got around to ever checking it out. Seeing the trailers for it though have left me confused and questioning just what the book is actually like. Now I don't feel too bad having skipped it over. When I saw the first footage of revealed sometime last year, my initial thought was that it looked like a bomb but guess we'll see how it does. Right now, it is not really on my radar of movies to check out. Definitely wait and see.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: February 26, 2018, 05:58:22 PM »
Actual numbers came in for BP - $111.7M (above the $108M estimated)
https://twitter.com/THR/status/968217927290839041?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

But BP doing so good, Disney it's opening a STEM educational center in Oakland now!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/screenrant/status/968159824390344704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23968159824390344704

T'Challa out here making a difference in real people's lives.
This is awesome of Disney. I hope this kind of give back and out reach continues.

And there's more to it
Boys & Girls Clubs of America will use this one-time grant to further develop its existing national STEM curriculum, and also establish new STEM Centers of Innovation in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Harlem, NY; Hartford, CT; Memphis, TN; New Orleans, LA; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Watts, CA, and most notably, Oakland, CA.

And schools are still doing weekday field trips. So this train might carry on for a while. BP has no real competition for at least a month.....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:09:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: February 27, 2018, 09:24:32 PM »

Review Embargo on A Wrinkle In Time has lifted yesterday.

General consensus of reviews so far "It's not good.... BUT it was a really hard book to adapt, it looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see what the actors and Ava Duvernay do next....."

And one reviewer stated that Disney asked them to not say anything till next week... and wasn't sure why, as that particular review kinda liked it, but says it's more for the kids than the critics and adults....

Very guarded and cautious reviews on this one.

Edit: BP update
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/02/27/box-office-black-panther-tops-spider-man-will-pass-wonder-woman-today/#40ead7287646

Edit2: because I know you guys are sick of BP updates :P
Gitesh Pandya
@GiteshPandya
Today #BlackPanther will crush $750M global #boxoffice mark in under 2 weeks. TUE saw $10.1M dom + another $10.1M from intl mkts. New totals: $421.8M dom, $326.3M intl, $748.1M worldwide. Globally it will pass Maleficent & HungerGames3 today, #GOTG on THU, then #Deadpool on FRI.
9:17 AM - Feb 28, 2018
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:43:13 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: February 28, 2018, 03:42:38 PM »
Idk, I imagine a wrinkle in time might be a huge flop, but then end up being a cult classic.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: March 04, 2018, 12:32:46 PM »
Just a quick Black Panther B.O. Update

estimated $65.5M weekend to beat The Avengers for the #3 best 3rd weekend of all time.
with just $3M more (and it's not expected to beat estimates <something it's done on ever other estimate> because of the Oscars tonight) it will beat Avatar for the #2 spot on that same list.

BP is also crossing $500M domestic in it's 3rd weekend.
and is just $2M shy of $900M Worldwide
it also opens next weekend in China and is expected to cross $100M, so regardless $1B is guaranteed, as BP still has another $100M in it in the U.S. alone.

will update again once the next record/milestone is hit.
p.s. this movie is on track to outgross the TLJ, the OG Avengers movie, and maybe even Jurassic World and possibly even Titanic in the domestic box office.

this is honestly just fucking crazy numbers for not just any movie, but one that 99.9% of hollywood never would've made because "it wouldn't make any money".

Forgive my enthusiasm, but this movie was important on way too many levels, and it is performing even better than ANYONE realistically expected, even on the highest end of the scale.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: March 04, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »
I don't get how the oscars would have much of an effect on BP's weekend pull.  I can't imagine there's a lot of overlap between folks who care enough about the Oscars to watch them live and folks who want to see Black Panther, but are willing to wait three weeks to do it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: March 04, 2018, 02:47:12 PM »
I just wanted to add that theaters have been reportedly sold out for most convenient showtimes (late afternoon/evening weekday showings and weekends), and in it's 3rd week, Black Panther has added theaters to it's theater count.

My guess is that the viewership for the Oscars tonight will take that expanded audience and keep them glued to the TV instead of out at the theaters, so it might depress the "estimate beating" numbers BP has been doing daily for the last 3 weeks.
Oscars had something like 33 Million viewers last year.

edit:
and I just seen this so I had to share it LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aY49aay64

edit2:
here's a comparison chart for other MCU movies

and remember that BP has another $100-$150M+ domestic in the tank, and most likely another $100M or so from just China that releases next week, and not to mention whatever else the rest of the overseas market puts ontop of that.... so looking at a possible $1.2B+ before it's all said and done.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 09:18:00 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: March 05, 2018, 03:36:39 AM »
Apparently Marvel and BET did a Black Panther cartoon... it involves the X-Men.

I have no idea how many episodes there are, or when this originally aired, but here is a single episode (S1e3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=166&v=cWr5oIRueTQ

no idea how many more there may be, as I didn't have time to even watch this one. Just ran across it right now and decided to share it so that I could find it easy later.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:38:38 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: March 05, 2018, 04:57:41 AM »
Apparently, 6 20-ish mins episodes from 2010.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(TV_series)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: March 10, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
Black Panther B.O. Update ::pops cork::

WE DID IT!!!!
Black Panther crosses into the coveted Billy Club!!!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-billion-global-box-office-1202723326/
Marvel’s “Black Panther” continues to climb box office charts, passing the $1 billion mark at the global box office in just 26 days.

It’s the 16th Disney film to reach this milestone, and the fifth Marvel film to do so — joining the ranks of “The Avengers,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3,” and “Captain America: Civil War.”

“Black Panther” has grossed $521 million domestically, making it the ninth-highest release of all time. In its fourth weekend, “Black Panther” is heading for a $37 million-plus weekend, which would make it the No. 2 superhero release of all time over “The Dark Knight’s” $535 million.

It would also give “Black Panther” the third-highest fourth weekend of all time, taking the title from “The Avangers” with $36.7 million. “Avatar” and “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” currently hold the one and two spots, with $50.3 million and $42.4 million respectively. A 44% drop for the tentpole’s fourth weekend would be on par with its third weekend decline of 41%.

Internationally, “Black Panther” is aiming for the $500 million mark this weekend, thanks to a strong debut in China, where it opened with $20 million in its first day.

5th MCU movie to make it, 1st to do it in a solo 1st outing, and only one to do it w/o Ironman in it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:01:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »