Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread  (Read 71718 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »
I finally started dabbling in Bow and Bowguns. Gonna need to really gather some material because I have virtually nothing gunner related other than hoarded cases and random gear pieces from low and high rank.

I'm playing with a friend who just got the game but once they are ready for legit multi we will be looking for other players. Message me if you see us online and I will let you in the room we play in.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
I'm so ashamed. I talked big about getting online... but my playing sessions tend to be so random that I never see others online (when I think to check while playing).  Still hope to though.

Also, bows are a lot of fun right?  My favorite part is not having to upgrade armor.  (Yes, I'm still very low level. Close to completing the Moga Village portion.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2014, 12:59:41 AM »
Oh god the moga woods story final boss is such a joke.

the chief was the worst hunter ever. Apparently he got his ass kicked by a grounded lagiacarus like 8 times.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:27 AM »
I thought there was something beyond the Ivory Lagi for solo?

Mark of the Hero is still an awful quest. Hardest for me to beat of the offline stuff. Brachy + Ivory Lagi + Arure Rath...UGH! Took me forever to realize it was a battle of attrition and that the monsters were killing each other.

Also, bows are a lot of fun right?  My favorite part is not having to upgrade armor.  (Yes, I'm still very low level. Close to completing the Moga Village portion.)

You have to upgrade your armor. You should always upgrade it. It is a rather fun change of pace to get into ranged weapons. Though I am burning through my extra gunner materials way too fast. I never actively stocked up because I never expected to get into gunning.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
My problem with Ranged Weapons are:

In general the Bow is just too weak.  It's the Sword and Board of the Ranged weapons without the defensive versatility.
Bowguns have to much micromanaging to them.

You should always upgrade your armor.  I got to the point later on where I had enough sets to swap for different monsters.  The right set of armor can take a fight from near impossible to chump.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Bow can be quite effective when played right. I'm not there yet but judging from videos I've seen online it is achievable.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »
Bow can be quite effective when played right. I'm not there yet but judging from videos I've seen online it is achievable.
Every weapon can.  Especially with some of the bumps they made to SnS and Bows.  While I enjoy my bow well enough outside of a group it feels like a war of Attrition.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »
Nothing beyond ivory for as far as storyline is concerned.

It's ironic how the Great Jaggi is such a joke monster and yet his g-rank set is one of the best armor sets in the game.

Honestly I'm going to say it now, once you get to G-rank just get the Jaggi and Volvidon sets and swap between the two based on elemental resistance.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »
I was more picky about my armors in Ultamate compared to Tri on the Wii. Mayne it was because I was a little wiser about how things worked but I got Jaggi armor and then went straight to Rathalos gear on High and then Azure Rath on G rank. I then made my Silver Rath set to be my main post-game set. I don't feel like making too many different sets now as between Azure and Silver G I seem to be fine. I am considering a Zynogre/Stygian Z set but would rather focus my effort on gunner armor.

I currently am working on a Wroggi-G set because I like the cowboy look. Will complete some sort of Rath armor as well though I have not decided the color. Post Wroggi gear the priority will be more of a weapon development focus for Light Bowgun and Bows.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
I was more picky about my armors in Ultamate compared to Tri on the Wii. Mayne it was because I was a little wiser about how things worked but I got Jaggi armor and then went straight to Rathalos gear on High and then Azure Rath on G rank. I then made my Silver Rath set to be my main post-game set. I don't feel like making too many different sets now as between Azure and Silver G I seem to be fine. I am considering a Zynogre/Stygian Z set but would rather focus my effort on gunner armor.

I currently am working on a Wroggi-G set because I like the cowboy look. Will complete some sort of Rath armor as well though I have not decided the color. Post Wroggi gear the priority will be more of a weapon development focus for Light Bowgun and Bows.
Mine was basically wroggi-> high wroggi-> brachy -> jaggi (+volvi for fire resist)-> probably Hyuga Prime(hallowed jhen).

I picked the female character and alot of the g-rank redesigns just look hideous.

Also apparently Hyuga Prime needs some Gold-Ceadus parts, hey Ejamer, hurry up and finish high rank online so I can 'help' you deal with goldbeard ;)

Still for me a big thing has been skills. What I would like to do is get my hands on a talisman with a good free element boost

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2014, 06:31:29 PM »
You could dabble in Charm Sniping to determine what "charm table" your character has. As I am in the market for gathering resources I will gladly go on mining expeditions if you want a buddy.

Might be able to play a bit tonight but it will be later as I have a night class that gets out 6 hours from now.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
So I don't have a PC to run Athena's charm finder thing but I understand how to get figures for it so now let's see here... I assume sending all 3 ships won't matter so I'm gonna do that and get some results for someone nice to feed into the thing.

now all 3 ships are headed for moga coast with no tackle. Let's hope for the best here I guess.

Update:

Ship1 (Got them all nice and organized):
shining starfish x1, shining starfish x1, popfish x5, pin tuna x2

Ship2 (Ship 1.5)
shining starfish x2, popfish x5, pin tuna x2 shining starfish x1

Ship 3 (she sells seashells by the seashore)
shining starfish x1, popfish x5, sushifish x3, sushifish x3, Humspun Conch x4

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »
I can plug them in for you this evening if you would like. At work all day so I can't here. Never done it myself but I've read a lot on the subject. I'll should get on it because I want to know at the least my table and what charms are available to me. I might have a pro gunner table because I have a lot more nice gunner charms now that I am dabbling in guns and bows.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »
Yeah someone plug them in.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:05 PM »
You are either table 1, 5, or 8.

I got the charm searcher too. You got a specific one you are looking for?
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »
Anyone down with playing tonight or the next two days? This is my Friday from work and with school finally out I am looking for some big play sessions.
My Game Collection