Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread  (Read 71737 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
Hello all,

I thought I start a new thread for the New game.
Anyone going to be hunting soon?  I want to figure out to get this game now or wait.

Like the old thread feel free to talk all Monster Hunter with meet-ups and like.  Once we get a preferred server I'll post it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »
I've decided to wait on this. Maybe for a sale in a couple weeks/months. I'll also get it physical so I can sell it just in case.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
Picked this up on Target's Buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Figured it'll be a better experience if I start early.  I'm going to mull around in it tonight and this weekend to try to get accustomed to it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:53 PM »
I would be mauling around but its going to talk 5 to 6 HOURS... Which for the record is MORE time then the 18 GB of Starcraft 2 when I reinstalled it...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
Hunting horn looks ridiculous, in a good way. Isn't it largely a support weapon?  I'm a huge fan of bow and have spent a decent amount of time with guns too. Thinking that hammer might be a nice change of pace this time around.

I'll try to hold back so this thread get back on track... but am really excited to block off some time and start playing before long.
Yes it's a "Support" Weapon much like a Gun but less so.  Its like a Hammer but without Spinning and Super Pound.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
Ok I'm 3 quests in and barely understand anything. I want to get online with you guys but I don't know how.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
Ok I'm 3 quests in and barely understand anything. I want to get online with you guys but I don't know how.

I've only done the first quest.  I'm not sure there's much to understand at this point, honestly.

I would be up for some online monster hunting sometime once i've invested more time in it and have a better idea of what i'm doing.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »

I've only done the first quest.  I'm not sure there's much to understand at this point, honestly.

I would be up for some online monster hunting sometime once i've invested more time in it and have a better idea of what i'm doing.
We can arrange something if you guys like and I'm up to 4 Stars in the Offline.  The walk you through most of the basics during offline and provide supplies.

Also today I farmed Queropeco till I had the horn completely upgrade with low level parts.  I already had the armor.  Made it to High Rank today where my ability for finding groups to play with of any fun went straight down and my armor became paper again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:31:21 PM by Ceric »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Look like I'm stuck at home again today.  If you see me online I'll be happy to explain a few things as coherently as a sick man can.

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
I'm new to the series, but I've been working through the 5-star quests in Moga Village and just started going online last night.  I'd love to be part of an NWR group if one is going to be formed.

NNID:  AchtungBaby

MH3U Name:  Neifirst

I'm on spring break this week, so any time is great for me. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
I'll add you when I get home.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
I see you online Ceric, but I have to train for about 2 hours. If your still sick and around we'll have to start a NWR lobby. That way we can get Phishphood and Neifirst in as well.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10:24 PM »
Hey Ceric are you hosting or anything?

Man F this stupid online community. Putting me down cause I'm HR 1!  I wish one of em would talk to me like that in real life. God can't wait to play with you guys.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:41:15 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:34 PM »
Finally opened up 2-star offline quests.

I'm getting more acquainted with dual-wielding, and think so far that's the best weapon fit for me at this time.  All of the other weapons I've tried seem too slow for my comfort, all of the weapon swings are too telegraphed for me to have any semblance of accuracy.

I need to toy with some weapon & armor crafting.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
Lolmanade we need to play together sometime. We are roughly the same level.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:24 AM »
Hey Ceric are you hosting or anything?

Man F this stupid online community. Putting me down cause I'm HR 1!  I wish one of em would talk to me like that in real life. God can't wait to play with you guys.
Bad luck their Caterkiller.  I was stuck in the endless Brachydious matches last night.  There are some bad people online.  In general though most people are nice and helpful especially when your lower.

Though some nights you just hit all the douches.

Sorry I didn't catch you last night.  I hung it up at 10pm Yesterday after finally killing a stupid Brachydious.  I've got a meeting for NFR tonight but, I'm not sure what time.  We can schedule something once I can figure that out.

Lolmonade Sword and Board is about as fast as Dual Swords in animations.  They are the fastest weapons.  If you are leaning that way then you'll want to do Status and Elemental geared sets because of their speeds they excel at adding statusses.  On the DS if you can you'll want to do something that lowers stamina depletion and farm a lot of mats for Mega Dash Juice. (I think its Dash Juice plus Meat if memory serves.)

On a related note I hate how Nintendo is doing friends.  I see the blue light blink but if I'm in the middle of anything their is no way for me to know who it is.  Take last night.  If I would have seen it was Caterkiller who blinked in I would have sent him a quick in-game Message inbetween running for my life from Brach's Yellow Mode.  Really needs to be improved.

Also Caterkiller have you started leaning towards a weapon?

Edit:
Alright Looks like we be meeting at 6cst.  My Son goes to bed at 8cst so anytime after about 8:30cst should be ok for me. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests

I'm not sure what everyone needs but lolmonade could use dash if DSing it so maybe hunt some Ludroth their not to bad.  I enjoy the bunny since he's actually toned down from the demo.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:43:59 AM by Ceric »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »
Sounds good Ceric I should be pretty free around that time.

Also my rage was a little premature. I found a group of HR 2's and 3's that were super cool that helped me through a lot.

I like the dual blades and the Bone Hammer. Is there only one hammer and the Bone is just a weaker metal hammer? So I want to eventually make great versions of those.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:56:31 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
I almost bought the game digitally last night. :(

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Sounds good Ceric I should be pretty free around that time.

Also my rage was a little premature. I found a group of HR 2's and 3's that were super cool that helped me through a lot.

I like the dual blades and the Bone Hammer. Is there only one hammer and the Bone is just a weaker metal hammer? So I want to eventually make great versions of those.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Hammer_Weapon_Tree

Their are lots of all the weapons.  Metal Hammer has a long vary tree and Bone has its own tree.  I use hammers and lances in Tri.  Peco was one of the first major ones I got.

General rule of thumb when you have a weapon that does Impact damage (Hammer and Hunting Horns mostly) then you'll want to be striking near the head of the monster so that you can accumulate knock out damage.  With Piercing weapons (Swords and Lances) you'll want to be near the tail so that you can get damage in to cut it.  Lances really in general tend to stay in the middle when other piercing weapons are in play to be out of the way.

You've probably noticed with Hammers they can knock people around easily.  I haven't used them in MH3U so I don't know if they tweaked anything.  I actually like the horn because its like the hammer but doesn't have the spin move.  Though it also doesn't have the super move.

Alright, well I'll be on at 8:30cst tonight bar anything weird happening.  I'll pop back in with where the room in.

Though you can go:
Open the Menu -> Goto Online -> Friends List -> Press L to sort for active on top -> Select me -> Port to me.

I almost bought the game digitally last night. :(
Knowing from experience buying it today would be to late.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »
Why would it be too late?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
Why would it be too late?
If you wanted to play tonight.  It took the whole night for it to download for me.  6+ hrs on a really fast internet connection.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Yeah, it'll probably take me three days, if not more, to download the game. How many GB is it?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
Yeah, it'll probably take me three days, if not more, to download the game. How many GB is it?
Its either 6GB or 16GB if Memory serves.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
It's 16 GB, probably. 6 is too small.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 06:25:42 PM »

Edit:
Alright Looks like we be meeting at 6cst.  My Son goes to bed at 8cst so anytime after about 8:30cst should be ok for me. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests

I'm not sure what everyone needs but lolmonade could use dash if DSing it so maybe hunt some Ludroth their not to bad.  I enjoy the bunny since he's actually toned down from the demo.

I'm not certain when I'll be free this evening, but my best guess will be 10/10:30 EST (9/9:30 CST).  I can try to see where i'm at and if I'm in a good position to attempt online play when I get on and if you guys are still on.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
It's 16 GB, probably. 6 is too small.
16 gb seems a bit big for an uprezzed 3DS game
considering 3DS carts cap at 8 and that nobody has made a game pass 4 to our knowledge 6gb seems quite feasible,
so OBLIVIOUS to how filesize works, (couldn't resist that one) :D

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »
Alright, Free Play 3 Lobby 8 NWR Room

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 09:38:37 PM »
Okay, I did some quick Googling. According to Capcom, the 3DS version is 2GB, and the Wii U version is 6GB.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
Okay, I did some quick Googling. According to Capcom, the 3DS version is 2GB, and the Wii U version is 6GB.
yeah ive decided to only use the oblivious joke if i actually have something to add to the conversation before hand as opposed to replying with just the joke and nothing else.
2gbs on the 3DS version is suprising, it makes sense but... i guess i'm the OBLIVIOUS one here

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
Alright Hunter Log 2013-03-29

Started the Hunt at 8:30cst
Soloed a Low Rank Ludroth
Soloed a Low Rank Barroth

Caterkiller came in at 9:30cst
We went through some basics.  Decided that Jaggi armor would be a good upgrade and relatively obtainable (It has Attack Up(S), Halve Stun, and Gourmand).  Though it looks to be weak against fire so, we'll want to make a different set for the HR 2 Urgent.  Maybe Barroth like I have, though mines the high rank.  Unfortunately their isn't an Online Low Rank Great Jaggi quest.  At that point we looked into weapons.  Wanting to do Dual Slicers or Hammer we picked through what mats Caterkiller already had and what looked doable in a nights time.  Found the Ludroth Pair which was a raw damage, sharpness, and elemental upgrade.  Plus Caterkiller was 2 Aqua Sacs and 1 Sponge away from being able to craft it.  Pure win their.

We set off to hunt a [http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Ludroth]Royal Ludroth[/url].  I brought my Black Coffin and I been rocking Barroth S All night.

I got to go so I'll finish this later.  We vanquished the Royal Ludroth.  Caterkiller did a good job dodging his attacks.  We didn't get the tail.

Godlike came in and we hunted a Queropeco for flints.  We got all the breaks.  A little bit of a nail biter since we had 2 faints and the Rathian that was called in the middle of the fight decided he wanted to be around to play for most of it.  A messy kill is a kill and we got are carve.  Even though I didn't get the one part I needed which was a Strange Beak...

Overall I think a successful night.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
I've had the game since launch, but have been playing single-player to build up some basic starter armour/weapon sets. I'll start playing online very shortly (possibly next week.)

I think I have the majority of you added, but my ID is Rachtman. Add away, please! :)

Can't wait to hunt.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 01:03:21 PM »
I've had the game since launch, but have been playing single-player to build up some basic starter armour/weapon sets. I'll start playing online very shortly (possibly next week.)

I think I have the majority of you added, but my ID is Rachtman. Add away, please! :)

Can't wait to hunt.
No Reason to Wait.  Low Rank is Village Equivalent.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »
Crap, I logged in too late last night after dealing with a child refusing to sleep.  Oh well, I guess I'll continue to hunt offline until the next gathering happens.

Sounds like you guys had a productive evening, though.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »
Okay, finally bought the game. It'll be downloading for the next few days, so see you guys then!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
Hunter Log 2013-04-02

Last night was a productive night for the NWR Monster Hunter crew.  Rachtman, Caterkiller, my friend Fortinbras, and I all hunted together last night.

Rachtman, Fortinbras, and I did all of Rachtman HR1 Key quests and Caterkiller joined us for going through all the HR2 Key quests... Twice.  We then Killed some Great Jaggis.

Key Quests we went through.
HR 1 (Low Rank)
1.    Playing With Fire
a.    Deserted Island (Day)
b.    Qurupeco
i.    Can Call a Rathian

2.    Leading the Charge
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
b.    Barroth

3.    The Merchant’s Mission
a.    Flooded Forest (Night)
b.    Rathian

4.    Accident Investigation
a.    Flooded Forest (Day)
b.    Gobul

5.    Urgent!  The Fisherman’s Fiend
a.    Deserted Island (Day)
b.    Lagiacrus

HR 2
1.    The Horned Wyvern
a.    Sandy Plains (Night)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Diablos

2.    The Desert Gourmand
a.    Sandy Plains (Day)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Nibelsnarf

3.    The Creeping Venom
a.    Tundra (Day)
i.    Bring Hot Drinks
b.    Gigginox

4.    Denizen of the Molten Deep
a.    Volcano (Night)
i.    Bring Cool Drinks
b.    Agnaktor

5.    Urgent! Double Trouble
a.    Deserted Island
b.    Monsters
i.    Rathalos
ii.    Rathian

For most of the night Fortinbras and Rachtman rocked Switch Axes.  I started that night using my Dios Bell or Warmonica hunting horns and then when I could craft them switched to the Dios Blade Dual swords.  First time using Dual Swords.  They were fun.  Caterkiller used a Hammer when he came online.  We all pretty much stayed in the same armor which is as follow.

Ceric: High Rank Barroth w/ Maestro
Fortinbras: G Rank Quropeco Z armor with Wide-Range + 2 Don't remember the gunning armor he used.  I think it may be Brach.
Rachtman: Low Rank Azruros
Caterkiller: Low Rank Quropeco

It was a little touch and go with a Plesioth I fought earlier last night and Agnaktor had my numbers through some part of the first one of those.  Overall I think everyone perfomed well.  We did also fight a Purple Ludroth which was a first for me.  I got the tail.  Not sure how I feel about him having a poison squish out move like Gigginox.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:52:43 AM by Ceric »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »
i need to get this game, i may get the 3DS version first, i'm not sure yet...

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
Join us, Pokepal! It's a blast. You won't regret it... just...

Be patient through the first couple of hours. It can get frustrating.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »
Join us, Pokepal! It's a blast. You won't regret it... just...

Be patient through the first couple of hours. It can get frustrating.
i noticed, i own tri,(it will likely lead a trade in barrage for the wii u version of ultimate)
have fun with the uragaan btw, that is a dick,
lagicarius is pretty bad too (and plesioth looks to be worse)

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »
No one was online when I was. I'm not very good at this game.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 11:45:06 PM »
lol, its a rare person that starts good at this game.  Personally just competent.  I was online hunting Devil Jho tonight.  I can finally do my G-Rank urgent.  I'm going to bed now just make sure you have me CericME.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »

I see you online from time to time but didn't know you had this game. I'll help you out like Ceric helped me. You playing today?

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 05:48:07 PM »
Here's a convenient link to the Key Quest Post.

I may be on tonight but, if I don't finish editing NFR14, going 3 weeks now... I'll probably be flayed alive at some point.  I should just move my Wii U for a bit so I could do both.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
I'm hoping to get this game soon, or at least some time this month as there are no new releases that excite me until May.

I enjoyed MH Tri on Wii, so I'm sure I'll like this once I get reacquainted with everything. Excited to finally play a Wii U game with some online functionality and play with you fine folks.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »

I may be on tonight but, if I don't finish editing NFR14, going 3 weeks now... I'll probably be flayed alive at some point.  I should just move my Wii U for a bit so I could do both.
don't you have off tv play for that :D

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

Not yet and for some reason its only about 20ft through a few walls between my WiiU and my editing computer so it doesn't work out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 11:51:28 PM »

Not yet and for some reason its only about 20ft through a few walls between my WiiU and my editing computer so it doesn't work out.
get the 3ds version

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 12:51:36 AM »

I see you online from time to time but didn't know you had this game. I'll help you out like Ceric helped me. You playing today?

I'll be online Saturday, I was at college and work today. Maybe sometime tomorrow?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 09:40:44 AM »
I'll be online Saturday, I was at college and work today. Maybe sometime tomorrow?
Bets of luck meeting up guys.  Personally won't be online this weekend.  Son's coming home from Florida and we have his Birthday Party.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »
Sorry Cater, I followed your directions and couldn't see your lobby. I promised I'm not stupid. :P: I honestly don't think I'm far enough, I only play for about an hour so far. I don't even have the quest lady yet.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:16:32 PM by Oblivion »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
Ok one sec. Did you see Eagle Claw or a room titled NWR?

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »
And no, I did not.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
And no, I did not.

Ok, I saw you, but it says local mode. Talk to the cat one more time, hit network mode and try again.

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
And no, I did not.

Ok, I saw you, but it says local mode. Talk to the cat one more time, hit network mode and try again.

Okay.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
If you can't then maybe someone can explain if you have to reach a certain point in one player to play online. Anyone?

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
I was certain you can just pop on in.

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
Okay, I'm in Network mode. Do you see me? If we can't make this work, I'll play for a bit and see if it will unlock that feature for me. I'm able to see other lobbies and worlds but not your's.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
Nice playing with you, CaterKiller. I definitely don't regret my purchase as much now and I understand things a lot better.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »
Don't thank me! Thank the chart!

Yeah that was fun! Thought we weren't going to make it a couple times. It's funny how level headed and normal you seem to be on voice and video chat. ;)

That other guy though, nice guy, just a little annoying... nerdy annoying...

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 09:35:58 PM »
Do you know who he is, or is he just some random dude?

Also, I freaked out a few times, especially when I was getting charged at with very few health left. :P Thanks though!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »
Finally got my HR6 Urgent done.

I can now do G-Rank.

Also made a Rathalos Low Rank plus 2 High Rank pieces Gunner set with the Peco bow so I can now bow things which is interesting.  I don't really like how the Blademaster Pouch and the Gunner Pouch are totally different bags .

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »
4/16 in Europe is when the Off-TV and Europe-American Crossplay is being patched into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.  I'm going to assume that North America will be getting it the same day.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
Can I play with someone tonight?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »
I'll probably be on later if you want to meet up.  My Son goes to bed at around 8pm CST so after that.

I see Racht on some nights but he's either in Local mode or already a full room.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »
That's funny, because when I first log on, I'm typically looking for you, Ceric, or any other NWR member to go hunting. Hah. So, I'll just join another room or make my own, and then people will randomly enter. But yeah, thanks again for the help last night.

I still want to finish putting together a low-rank Gigginox armour set and, of course, a Lagaicrus set. Maybe I'll get around to that soon...
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »
That's funny, because when I first log on, I'm typically looking for you, Ceric, or any other NWR member to go hunting. Hah. So, I'll just join another room or make my own, and then people will randomly enter. But yeah, thanks again for the help last night.

I still want to finish putting together a low-rank Gigginox armour set and, of course, a Lagaicrus set. Maybe I'll get around to that soon...
We cand definetly go for that if you want. Looking at the Set, it has Ear Plugs and Speed Sharpening which is cool.  Also Probably should look into getting a status weapon in your arsenal to take advantage of the Status Up.  Probably want to add a Point of Protection.  Though that set is weak agains fire.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:33:57 PM by Ceric »

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
You mean, as in a weapon with Paralysis or Poison ailment capabilities? If so, I've got a Dragonmaiden+ and a Grim Cat switch axe. Poison and paralysis, respectively.

I think I might have enough mats to create some decoration gems to protect against fire. ...maaaaaaybe...
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »
Yeah, which one you would want to use is dependant on the creature.  Though Paralysis is always welcomed.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »
Ah, very well. I do prefer the Grim Cat because of the paralysis effects, but I'm looking to upgrade it to its next level soon...though, I've forgotten the name. Oh well.

I'll probably be online to play tomorrow night after I get off work at 8pm CST.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »
Ah, very well. I do prefer the Grim Cat because of the paralysis effects, but I'm looking to upgrade it to its next level soon...though, I've forgotten the name. Oh well.

I'll probably be online to play tomorrow night after I get off work at 8pm CST.
Did Arena's last night.  Failed all the underwater one >< 51 secs from S ranking Lagombi. 

Have to check what the mats you need.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2013, 12:08:11 PM »
I'm out of town for a week, can't join in on the fun...

RomanceDawn

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »
I just got the game yesterday. Took out two Great Jaggis in the same area!

Would anyone like to hunt online? I've not tried yet.

NNID: Phil32

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »
I'm online right now.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »
I am turning on the game. :)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
Anyone online to hunt? I have a room in the Free Play 3 Lobby 8 with NWR in the room title. I'd like to face Quropeco with some folks.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:54 AM »
Anyone online to hunt? I have a room in the Free Play 3 Lobby 8 with NWR in the room title. I'd like to face Quropeco with some folks.
Ironically enough I did not see this last night and I was just popping in to hunt something.

Yeah... My G-Rank Career is going terrible.  So far I've either ran out of lives at the very end of a monster, had Disconnects, or Finished Quests that don't actually give you parts from each monster you face.  So essentially I just can't get a G-Rank group together.   I like to get my first G-Rank armor set so it won't be so rough...

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
Ironically enough I did not see this last night and I was just popping in to hunt something.

Yeah... My G-Rank Career is going terrible.  So far I've either ran out of lives at the very end of a monster, had Disconnects, or Finished Quests that don't actually give you parts from each monster you face.  So essentially I just can't get a G-Rank group together.   I like to get my first G-Rank armor set so it won't be so rough...

I'd be interested in some online play this week, but am afraid that I may be woefully unprepared/underpowered.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »

I believe you joined a different room I was in and played with us. How did you know what room to find me in since I gave up after a half hour on anyone joining the NWR room?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »

I believe you joined a different room I was in and played with us. How did you know what room to find me in since I gave up after a half hour on anyone joining the NWR room?
We're Friends.

Its a little weird and cumbersome but, here is the technical answer.

Go to Network Mode
Go to a World
Go to a Lobby
Go to Friends List (Bottom half of the menu)
Hit the Left Bumper to Sort and bring everyone who is on and Active to the top (Why this isn't the default I do not know)
Than Press A on the friend you want to Join and they will wisp you to their room.

Now if I were to design this Friend List be an option on entering Network Mode.  Also be able to get short message and have friend list in the single player optionally turned on.  Though that isn't how it works.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »
I keep forgetting there's a digital manual. It had that information in there. Thanks, however. If you want to play together before 4:30 p.m. CST, let me know and I'll get online. I'm doing offline quests right now with my new long sword. Still need to get some beaks from that Quropeco bird.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
I actually miss the paper manual for the weapon combo in the ones I don't use often.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2013, 01:50:15 AM »
Yay for off tv play! Now I can play more often.

I need to get up to G rank with you Csric to help you out but I'm still HR 4. I'll try to boost up to tomorrow but man I need new armor. Most of mine are weak to fire and resistant to lightning. I need a good fire resistor or something more neutral O guess. My favorite armor types look like cow boys, pirates, or Chinese martial artists.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
Ironically I still only have 3 armor sets.
Low Rank Quropeco
High Rank Barroth (Just a good general Armor)
And Gunner Low/High Rank Rathalos

I want to make a G-Rank set next but I'm having a hard time with it.  I like to make one of the Arena sets for kicks but I need G-Rank parts and some other things its an interesting Catch-22 because I'm pretty happpy with the armor I have for the High Rank stuff.  I need to just branch out into more specialty sets.

Also passed the 100hrs Mark according to my save.  Yayish...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
Ceric can upgrade my low rank armor to high rank? With constant armor spheres and the like?

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
I haven't been playing this game enough. :(

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
Ceric can upgrade my low rank armor to high rank? With constant armor spheres and the like?
Yeah, I have it in the help thread.  You can't go to G-Rank though.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
Yeah, I have it in the help thread.  You can't go to G-Rank though.

Perfect thanks. I actually have a lot of time to play today. Anyone just let me know if your up for it.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
I'll be on later today.  Its just my son and I tonight.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Ceric what high level quests can I fight a Rathian? I guess it's not around in 3 or 4 stars and I need more Rathian plus items. Guess I just gotta focus on leveling up.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
Let's see.  Their should be one.  Yeah "Reel in a Rathian" is a HR3 Quest.  Plus I think their is an even quest with them as well that may be fun.  Also "Pink Queen of the Peaks" if you want a Pink Rathian though she is more energetic then the regular.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
Do I get the same items from the pink one? Also I don't see Reel in the Rathian in the tavern. Is it the village quest?

Last thing, if I go back to HR 2 quests do I have a chance of getting plus items? I swear it happened before.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
Do I get the same items from the pink one? Also I don't see Reel in the Rathian in the tavern. Is it the village quest?
Nope on Both accounts.  Its an Online quest.  Desert Warfare and Merchant Mission are the High Rank Village ones.
Reel in a Rathian should be available to you.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »
Thanks man. Last question for real this time. I'm tying to use off tv play but I don't know how to display my health and stamina back on the screen. I can't figure it out in the options. I usually have it all on the gamepad with a clean HUD but now with off tv play I can't see anything.

Edit: figured it out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:09:57 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
Wow that was poor implementation.  I look in a but but their should be an option in the menu to switch to the classic hud.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »
Anyone want to play this evening/tonight? Just let me know and I'll hop online instead of continuing to do offline quests.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »
Anyone want to play this evening/tonight? Just let me know and I'll hop online instead of continuing to do offline quests.

I'm up for it Phil. I think we are already friends. I usually exercise from 6:30pm to 8pm PST. But before and after I should be good.

RomanceDawn

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

I'm up for it Phil. I think we are already friends. I usually exercise from 6:30pm to 8pm PST. But before and after I should be good.

No problem. I have class from 5:30-8:30 p.m. CST, but I can get online before. I have several hours to kill if you'd like to play now.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »
I'll be leaving in just a little bit, but would anyone like to hunt Rathan or Rathalos in a group later tonight? I need to get some resources from them.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
I'll be leaving in just a little bit, but would anyone like to hunt Rathan or Rathalos in a group later tonight? I need to get some resources from them.

I just missed you sorry man. I was caught up in some other quests.

Ceric i'm finally G Rank! Let's make some pirate armor!

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 12:05:59 PM »

I just missed you sorry man. I was caught up in some other quests.

Ceric i'm finally G Rank! Let's make some pirate armor!
Sweet!  Now the irony is that I was going to start farming a High Rank gunning set waiting for everyone.

I'll probably be on tonight unless the Misses can make a better off I'll more than likely be on.

I'm guessing you be on around 8:30cst.  Will CaterBaby be joining us?  As I mentioned the other night I Raided with my Son in my lap because he start crying and the Misses wouldn't hear so I have to run over quick after a wipe or something.  Grab him.  Then be raiding while holding a baby.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »
Hahaha. I'll be jumping in and out all day today starting around 2 pm. I usually play when Caterbaby is sleeping(usually) or when Caterwife can keep her under control.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2013, 08:01:57 PM »
Ceric I see you online, I've got a room open if you want to quest together.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
Ceric I see you online, I've got a room open....

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »
I didn't pop over because I'm in a meeting. For NFR still

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »

I think you tried to join a group I was in, but we disbanded. I'm sorry you waited for nothing!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »

I think you tried to join a group I was in, but we disbanded. I'm sorry you waited for nothing!

No we actually did about 2 quests together. I remember because your voice was deep and scary like a roaring lion.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
High Rank Non-Key Quest Run
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
Alright so, I like to get a party together on April 25th at 9:00PM CST to 11:00PM CST to go and do the High Rank Non-Key Quests that I need to finish.  Want my Check Marks.

So the schedule for he hunt provided how fast we could possibly demolish through these monsters is:

Noisy Neighbors Starring:  Qurupeco and more than likely Devil Jho  (If anyone gets GameChanger I'll personally go down the wire and beat you up)  Soloed
Fishing for Trouble Starring: Not 1, Not 2, But 3 Plesioth IN A ROW
Harvest Tour: Volcano : This may be the Most Exciting one of ALL.
The Fisherman's Fiend Starring Lagiacrus:  You loved him when you Repelled him in the Village, You Loved Him when Killed him to "save" Moga Village, and you Loved him so Much that You Captured him to have one of your own.
[Canteen] Fishing Failure Starring Duramboros:  The Big lug whose weak against Fire. (This quest even though it is actually later in the order will probablyly be done first since its a Canteen quest and has a food Upgrade.)

We probably won't make it through all of these.  I have plenty more that I need.  I'll probably edit this list if I happen to do any of these out.  (Ok Harvest Volcano won't make it probably.) 

I'm going to put a hard 2 hours on this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:36:13 AM by Ceric »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »

No we actually did about 2 quests together. I remember because your voice was deep and scary like a roaring lion.

No, that's definitely not me. lol I always get confused for a girl on the phone.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »
Alright so, I like to get a party together on April 25th at 9:00PM CST to 11:00PM CST to go and do the High Rank Non-Key Quests that I need to finish.  Want my Check Marks.

So the schedule for he hunt provided how fast we could possibly demolish through these monsters is:

Noisy Neighbors Starring:  Qurupeco and more than likely Devil Jho  (If anyone gets GameChanger I'll personally go down the wire and beat you up)  Soloed
Fishing for Trouble Starring: Not 1, Not 2, But 3 Plesioth IN A ROW
Harvest Tour: Volcano : This may be the Most Exciting one of ALL.
The Fisherman's Fiend Starring Lagiacrus:  You loved him when you Repelled him in the Village, You Loved Him when Killed him to "save" Moga Village, and you Loved him so Much that You Captured him to have one of your own.
[Canteen] Fishing Failure Starring Duramboros:  The Big lug whose weak against Fire. (This quest even though it is actually later in the order will probablyly be done first since its a Canteen quest and has a food Upgrade.)

We probably won't make it through all of these.  I have plenty more that I need.  I'll probably edit this list if I happen to do any of these out.  (Ok Harvest Volcano won't make it probably.) 

I'm going to put a hard 2 hours on this.
I may or may not make it back in time for this. But I'd definitely love to kick these off my list, too.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
If anyone would like to hunt with me this afternoon (I need to take on Rathian and Rathalos for resources-- gotta get that upgraded long sword!), I'd love to have you. Just hit me up with a PM or post here. :)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
High Rank Non-Key Quest Run
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »
Just a reminder to everyone that I'm doing a High Rank Non-Key Quest Run tonight to get my Checkmarks.  Its from 9pm CST to no Later than 11pm CST.  Original post I have an example of what we being doing.  I like to clear these quickish so, some we can goof but the Plesioth one in particular I'm treating like its G-Rank. Why is he so Freakishly tall and Armored on the top?

Also if you were wondering Harvest Volcano is still in and yes we will kill any monster that shows up.  Why?  Why not?

Where: Probably "Free" and one of the lower ones.  I'll update when I make it.
Room: NWRNoKeys Think that is under the limit
When: 9pm CST to No Later then 11pm CST (2am - 4am GMT)
What: High Rank No Keys

I'm hoping to get a good group together and we can blow through these so fast that I'll have to find ones not on the list.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »
I'd love to join, but based on the ferocity of your updates, I think i'm lagging behind the group. 

I've only gotten through the 2-star solo quests, and have only upgraded my weapons/armor in a limited amount.

Maybe someone would like to do a n00b session in the near future?  I'd love to co-op monster hunt, but don't want to be a hinderance.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »
I'd love to join, but based on the ferocity of your updates, I think i'm lagging behind the group. 

I've only gotten through the 2-star solo quests, and have only upgraded my weapons/armor in a limited amount.

Maybe someone would like to do a n00b session in the near future?  I'd love to co-op monster hunt, but don't want to be a hinderance.
If you catch me online I be happy to help.  This one is High Rank, which in general most people are at, so it doesn't work out.

Don't worry about it their are plenty of people where your at.  I mean I've got 145 hours on my character so ... take that as you may.

The big thing is you have fun and go at your own pace.  It will probably be a while till I can organize anything else, trip to Ohio and podcast editing, so feel free to organize something.

I haven't linked it but, besides podcasts www.teamworkcast.com has a nice hunting party setup system and Ask a Hunter.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2013, 10:01:12 PM »
Free F Lobby 1 for the hunt.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »
So that hunt was a Colossal failure.  No one showed up.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
I'm really sorry for not being there, Ceric. Thursday nights are kind of a touch-and-go kind of thing for me. I'm either at a friend's house watching Impact Wrestling, over at my brother's watching the Thursday night comedies, or at home playing games if either of the previous two things aren't happening.

Next time, maybe?
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »
Sorry man, I don't even remember what I was doing Friday night. I should be able to Jon next time for sure.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »
Does anyone still play this? I know it's way late, so there's little chance... but I'm asking anyway!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2013, 06:45:33 PM »
Does anyone still play this? I know it's way late, so there's little chance... but I'm asking anyway!
I still need to get it

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
Lindy has been hunting on the 3DS version.  I've thought about going back multiple times but I know if I don't I can't absorb that type of time sync at the moment.

Pokepal Capcom has been putting it on sale for 50% off for the either digital version on and off for about a month.  You just have to watch their Twitter feed @MonsterHunter

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2013, 10:18:40 AM »
I've been playing both version for quite some time now. I'm definitely getting better.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »
I need to jump back on the wagon, but like Ceric haven't had the time lately.  Granted, I'm probably nowhere near as progressed as most on here.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2013, 08:50:25 PM »
I might need to hop on the wagon, considering I grabbed both versions for $50... but yeah, bad timing considering I've got my own 150h marathon monster game coming Saturday.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2013, 08:26:32 PM »
I just like to help people with their goals, so it doesn't matter to me what someone's level is. Even if you're still level one, look me up if you want to play sometime.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »
I still plan of picking this up when I get a Wii U. I will either get one in December or early next year. Most likely December Since I expect to have a good deal of time on my hands. So if anyone is on the edge of making a purchase know I will be around and down to play online.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Apollo5

• Addison Webb
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
I saw this at Gamestop today for like 18 bucks.  I have been looking for a game to play multiplayer on my wiiU.  Do people here still play it?
Addison Webb

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2013, 06:41:06 PM »
I just picked it up the other day so I plan on getting a lot of time and enjoyment out of it.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »
I saw this at Gamestop today for like 18 bucks.  I have been looking for a game to play multiplayer on my wiiU.  Do people here still play it?
Not as much as I use too but, if anyone wants to arrange a hunt I'll probably try to go except if its this month.  Its sort of Crazy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »
I haven't seen anyone from NWR in the past few months, but I still play.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2013, 02:29:15 AM »
I'm getting used to the game still. Hoping to play some online next week. I know I got mop it up and toruresu joining me at some point. Who else is game?

I need to better prepare for these hunts. I ram out of potions and whetstones. I couldn't kill a quoropeco. I think I got close but lost any sharpness to my blade.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:17:14 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2013, 11:45:23 PM »
I'm online in World 5 Lobby 5. Room NWR. Password is 9999. I have Mop it up and Toruresu joining me shortly. We have room for one more if anyone cares to join. I'm really low though so don't be upset if we cannot do advanced quests. I'll be there soon though!
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2014, 04:44:42 AM »
I bought this game since it was $20 and I had more than that sitting around in DDP credit. I'm going to want to learn the ropes a bit in single player before hopping online, but I was wondering if some of the people here still play. I see that the last post is from over a month ago, but that may just be a product of being hidden away in this section of the forums.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
I only play with other people, so I might pick it back up and get online if you and others want to join up.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
I'm on quite often with a few others from this forum and others. Would love to hook up with you. And I can help you get through some of the tough online quests.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2014, 07:15:34 PM »
I still play by request. I've already "beaten" the game so now I like to help others with their goals.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
I'm still n00b status, but would be inclined to pick it back up if there was opportunity to experience group play.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2014, 08:59:31 AM »
Just let us know. Maybe play tomorrow night? I'm working some overtime so I'm back down to one free day a week for the near future.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »
I have some time today if anyone wants to hop on and play. I need to face my Double Brachy urgent but I'm always willing to help with lower level quests as well. I may just wander off for a bit to mine or gather needed items before joining the main fight and I generally love to run off after random wild monsters who show up but that's how it is for most people, isn't it?
My Game Collection

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »
Bah, sorry.  My department had a big 2-day supplier meeting today & yesterday, and I didn't even get home last night til late.

Anyone planning on playing this weekend?  I might be able to squeeze in a little time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »
The bulk of my work week takes place over the weekend. But I may find time in the evenings after work. Really depends. I'll post if I have time.
My Game Collection

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
The bulk of my work week takes place over the weekend. But I may find time in the evenings after work. Really depends. I'll post if I have time.

ok, i'll take a peek later to see.  Fair warning, I haven't gotten very far in the game (comparably to others here).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2014, 10:11:32 AM »
No worries. We support each other. I've yet to run into someone willing to go back down and help a newer player out.

We've gotten a few new people lately so we should probably plan some leveling parties to get you guys up.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
No worries. We support each other. I've yet to run into someone willing to go back down and help a newer player out.

We've gotten a few new people lately so we should probably plan some leveling parties to get you guys up.
I feel like there should be a "Not" in there somewhere.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »
When are you normally online, Ceric? I have evenings free typically Tuesday-Thursday.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
To tell you the truth I haven't played in a while.  Mostly I just haven't had the Free time that I know it would normally take.  That being said I normally don't have anything Tuesday - Thursday so I may take you up on that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
I'm normally able to get a person or two I know, but it has been tricky to get a full room.

I see all these new people but never see them online. Just the luck of the draw with the time of day people are available I suppose.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
This game seems to have silently dropped to $40 on the eshop so I decided to pick it up at last. In about 3 days when the game finishes downloading I'll probably head online.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2014, 06:15:41 PM »
Let me know and I am willing to help you through all of the low level quests.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2014, 06:34:05 PM »
I'm a tri vet, I should be fine.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2014, 03:16:13 PM »
You gone online at all yet Pokepal? Let me know if you want to meet up at some point.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
I'm online now,

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »
Well, I can't play when I am at work. I can only troll around on the interwebs. I might have time tonight though. I'll have to double check that I added you.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:43 AM »
Finally picked up the game due to a drop in price and increase in free time. Will definitely be looking to get online over the next couple of weeks after getting my feet wet again.

Is anyone still playing? Especially anyone who might still be at low levels, since I'll be playing catch-up for a while?

Played a good amount of Tri, although that doesn't mean that I ever played well. Remember some good times hunting with NWR users and thought it worth posting to see if the same crew are still around.  :)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2014, 06:32:03 PM »
I still consider myself an active player even though I don't play as much as I used to. Let me know and I will be more than happy to hunt with you. I'm through G Rank but have no problem going back to lower quests to help.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »
I'm still in the 6 star quests, let me know when you get there so I can join in.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »
I'm sure we can get Mop it up to join us and that would make 4!
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »
So anyone interested in playing sometime soon? I'm itching to get back on the hunt.
My Game Collection

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
I really want to play the game again, but I can't stand playing the game solo, so I'm definitely interested.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
I may be able to play Friday night after 5PM Pacific. Who wants to play then?

Welcome back by the way, Oblivion.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2014, 05:38:31 PM »
Friday won't work for me - it's date night. (yay!)  But I'm getting really excited about it, especially since there seem to be a bunch of forums people interested in playing again.

That said, I'm probably about a week away from feeling comfortable enough to play online. Right now I'd be carting so fast that it would be a waste of time for everyone. But things are starting to come back and I'm trying to dedicate a little bit of time each day to the game. Having a long weekend coming up should help too.
 ;D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2014, 05:55:54 PM »
Don't be worried about failing. We can support each other as a group and I carry the group healing powders when I am with weaker players. I don't mind if you cart out, that is part of learning.

I don't even mind doing all the work while you wander off and gather important material and then run in for the carves at the end. Makes me feel helpful :) Plus it gives me a chance to experiment with alternative weapons and armor layouts safely.
My Game Collection

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »
Friday might work. I'll just have to record Korra. ;)

And thanks Stratos. :)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »
I'm working Friday. Don't know if it will work

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
Just let me know if you have any free nights and I will see what I can do. This depends on my homework load of course but I think this quarter I can get it all done earlier in the day.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
I'm on now, I also have friend requests sent (now taking bets on whether or not mop_it_up will accept the one she's had for the past month from me, she has 7 days.)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »
Did you send the request in Miiverse? Does she know it is you?

I'm at work but I will be off and home in about two hours. Though, I don't have my keyboard so I won't be talking much. Guess I could turn on the mic.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
I'm having trouble getting on the wifi for the house I am house-sitting so I may be unable to play for a bit. I'll work on it again tonight and see how far I can get.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2014, 08:31:21 AM »
So I'm off work until Wednesday and should be available just about any night starting around 8 or 8:30pm Eastern time.  That said, I've just started with the game so don't have any weapon upgrades yet and am still bumming around on 1-star quests.  So don't expect much productivity from me this week if we join up.

I'll be checking this thread daily to see if anyone is coming online.

In the meantime, two questions:
1.  Should I be adding people from this thread to my friends list?  What is the best way to go about doing that (since I normally don't game online).
2.  How do people usually communicate? Should I hook up my wireless keyboard again or use a headset?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2014, 10:26:29 AM »
I prefer the keyboard because the mic disrupts my wife's work on the computer. But I'm not opposed to using the mic.

If you add people through Miiverse they will get a notification that you have added them.

I think I determined the correct password for the wifi at the house we are sitting so I will give it another go tonight.

Do you have any weapon or armor goals?
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2014, 11:31:39 AM »
actually I believe the friends list gets notifications now.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2014, 06:48:11 PM »
Should be playing tonight, so if anyone wants to go online drop me a line. No special goal - I need everything - so just trying to power through early levels.

Is hunting horn fun? Support roles and ranged combat are typically appealing, seems like this would be worth trying.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2014, 06:55:55 PM »
Should be playing tonight, so if anyone wants to go online drop me a line. No special goal - I need everything - so just trying to power through early levels.

Is hunting horn fun? Support roles and ranged combat are typically appealing, seems like this would be worth trying.
I enjoyed the Hunting Horn.  In fact the right hunting horn can make some Monsters feel trivial.  Its a lot like Hammer.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2014, 07:02:27 PM »
I'm a few hours. Depending on how I feel I could hop on for a bit. Though I have not been sleeping well lately in the house we are watching so I might turn in early.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »
Stratos: let me know if you get my friend request? It was sent through the Friend List app, and I want to know if you get a notification that way or not.  Thanks!

So feel comfortable enough to get online now. I haven't done anything for armor upgrades, and am only carrying a slightly upgraded starting bow... but at least the controls have come back to me.  Will be adding people to my friends list - anyone interested in playing online please feel free to add me too.  :)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
Stratos: let me know if you get my friend request? It was sent through the Friend List app, and I want to know if you get a notification that way or not.  Thanks!

So feel comfortable enough to get online now. I haven't done anything for armor upgrades, and am only carrying a slightly upgraded starting bow... but at least the controls have come back to me.  Will be adding people to my friends list - anyone interested in playing online please feel free to add me too.  :)
I just checked mops miiverse profile and it says that the request I made on the friends list is 'pending'.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »
I need to get my Wii back online. This house-sitting gig ends this weekend so if I can't get it working by then I can just play back at home. I would do that anyway but the two houses are far enough apart that it is difficult to spend a substantial amount of time at our normal home. Problem is we only have one key to the house so it is tricky to trade off duties throughout the day.

I have this complete Silver Sol set with complementing LS I want to get some use out of soon.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »
I finally started dabbling in Bow and Bowguns. Gonna need to really gather some material because I have virtually nothing gunner related other than hoarded cases and random gear pieces from low and high rank.

I'm playing with a friend who just got the game but once they are ready for legit multi we will be looking for other players. Message me if you see us online and I will let you in the room we play in.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
I'm so ashamed. I talked big about getting online... but my playing sessions tend to be so random that I never see others online (when I think to check while playing).  Still hope to though.

Also, bows are a lot of fun right?  My favorite part is not having to upgrade armor.  (Yes, I'm still very low level. Close to completing the Moga Village portion.)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2014, 12:59:41 AM »
Oh god the moga woods story final boss is such a joke.

the chief was the worst hunter ever. Apparently he got his ass kicked by a grounded lagiacarus like 8 times.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:27 AM »
I thought there was something beyond the Ivory Lagi for solo?

Mark of the Hero is still an awful quest. Hardest for me to beat of the offline stuff. Brachy + Ivory Lagi + Arure Rath...UGH! Took me forever to realize it was a battle of attrition and that the monsters were killing each other.

Also, bows are a lot of fun right?  My favorite part is not having to upgrade armor.  (Yes, I'm still very low level. Close to completing the Moga Village portion.)

You have to upgrade your armor. You should always upgrade it. It is a rather fun change of pace to get into ranged weapons. Though I am burning through my extra gunner materials way too fast. I never actively stocked up because I never expected to get into gunning.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
My problem with Ranged Weapons are:

In general the Bow is just too weak.  It's the Sword and Board of the Ranged weapons without the defensive versatility.
Bowguns have to much micromanaging to them.

You should always upgrade your armor.  I got to the point later on where I had enough sets to swap for different monsters.  The right set of armor can take a fight from near impossible to chump.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Bow can be quite effective when played right. I'm not there yet but judging from videos I've seen online it is achievable.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »
Bow can be quite effective when played right. I'm not there yet but judging from videos I've seen online it is achievable.
Every weapon can.  Especially with some of the bumps they made to SnS and Bows.  While I enjoy my bow well enough outside of a group it feels like a war of Attrition.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »
Nothing beyond ivory for as far as storyline is concerned.

It's ironic how the Great Jaggi is such a joke monster and yet his g-rank set is one of the best armor sets in the game.

Honestly I'm going to say it now, once you get to G-rank just get the Jaggi and Volvidon sets and swap between the two based on elemental resistance.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »
I was more picky about my armors in Ultamate compared to Tri on the Wii. Mayne it was because I was a little wiser about how things worked but I got Jaggi armor and then went straight to Rathalos gear on High and then Azure Rath on G rank. I then made my Silver Rath set to be my main post-game set. I don't feel like making too many different sets now as between Azure and Silver G I seem to be fine. I am considering a Zynogre/Stygian Z set but would rather focus my effort on gunner armor.

I currently am working on a Wroggi-G set because I like the cowboy look. Will complete some sort of Rath armor as well though I have not decided the color. Post Wroggi gear the priority will be more of a weapon development focus for Light Bowgun and Bows.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
I was more picky about my armors in Ultamate compared to Tri on the Wii. Mayne it was because I was a little wiser about how things worked but I got Jaggi armor and then went straight to Rathalos gear on High and then Azure Rath on G rank. I then made my Silver Rath set to be my main post-game set. I don't feel like making too many different sets now as between Azure and Silver G I seem to be fine. I am considering a Zynogre/Stygian Z set but would rather focus my effort on gunner armor.

I currently am working on a Wroggi-G set because I like the cowboy look. Will complete some sort of Rath armor as well though I have not decided the color. Post Wroggi gear the priority will be more of a weapon development focus for Light Bowgun and Bows.
Mine was basically wroggi-> high wroggi-> brachy -> jaggi (+volvi for fire resist)-> probably Hyuga Prime(hallowed jhen).

I picked the female character and alot of the g-rank redesigns just look hideous.

Also apparently Hyuga Prime needs some Gold-Ceadus parts, hey Ejamer, hurry up and finish high rank online so I can 'help' you deal with goldbeard ;)

Still for me a big thing has been skills. What I would like to do is get my hands on a talisman with a good free element boost

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2014, 06:31:29 PM »
You could dabble in Charm Sniping to determine what "charm table" your character has. As I am in the market for gathering resources I will gladly go on mining expeditions if you want a buddy.

Might be able to play a bit tonight but it will be later as I have a night class that gets out 6 hours from now.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
So I don't have a PC to run Athena's charm finder thing but I understand how to get figures for it so now let's see here... I assume sending all 3 ships won't matter so I'm gonna do that and get some results for someone nice to feed into the thing.

now all 3 ships are headed for moga coast with no tackle. Let's hope for the best here I guess.

Update:

Ship1 (Got them all nice and organized):
shining starfish x1, shining starfish x1, popfish x5, pin tuna x2

Ship2 (Ship 1.5)
shining starfish x2, popfish x5, pin tuna x2 shining starfish x1

Ship 3 (she sells seashells by the seashore)
shining starfish x1, popfish x5, sushifish x3, sushifish x3, Humspun Conch x4

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »
I can plug them in for you this evening if you would like. At work all day so I can't here. Never done it myself but I've read a lot on the subject. I'll should get on it because I want to know at the least my table and what charms are available to me. I might have a pro gunner table because I have a lot more nice gunner charms now that I am dabbling in guns and bows.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »
Yeah someone plug them in.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:05 PM »
You are either table 1, 5, or 8.

I got the charm searcher too. You got a specific one you are looking for?
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »
Anyone down with playing tonight or the next two days? This is my Friday from work and with school finally out I am looking for some big play sessions.
My Game Collection