Author Topic: stupid question regarding NES cheat codes  (Read 7179 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
stupid question regarding NES cheat codes
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »
Ok I looked everywhere for the answer to this and have gotten no where. I even tried the infamous Gamefaqs and gamewinners.com and nothing. so here goes.
When I was a little kid I used to play Super mario Bros ALOT.

Anyways I rememeber my older sister telling me that there was a way to enter a cheat code that let you skip ahead to whatever level you wanted. But I dont rememeber if it was true or if she made it up. I know once you beat the game you can select what level you want to start from but I also forgot how to do that.

Can somebody explain to me how to skip ahead levels from the main menu after beating the game?

Also is there a cheat code for Super Mario Bros for NES? And if so does it work for Mario Allstars?

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: stupid question regarding NES cheat codes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 07:55:22 AM »
I think you've been duped.  As far as I know, there are no codes in Super Mario Bros, save for the continue code (hold A when starting a new game after losing all your lives in a previous game) which will allow you to start at the beginning of the last world played.

Unless you're referring to Warp Points, but I assume you're not because everyone knows about those.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
RE:stupid question regarding NES cheat codes
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 09:01:03 AM »
No I used to do it all the time you did something and could move the level indicator above the title screan and start from that level, I just forgot how to do it but I USED to do it. I dont know about a code or not but It was somethign we did all the time, but I cant remeber how we did it. Not Warp pipes eaither. It was on teh demo screan when Mario was just sitting ther yo could scroll through which world you wanted to star on.  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: stupid question regarding NES cheat codes
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 03:46:19 PM »
Once you beat the game, I believe you hit the "b" button to select the world, but not the level...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 07:48:04 AM »
You may be thinking of another game, or maybe it was a hacked version?

Maybe you're thinking of Super Mario Bros. 3, in which a single Game Genie code for the debug mode allowed for a number of things, including a World-selecting indicator on the start screen.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 06:00:24 AM »
it might have just been when you beat the game I remeber my sister could breeze through that game in minutes while I could never beat level 4 (back then)

Offline OverHeat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »
No you remember correctly. I believe it went like this; beat the game. When the title screen comes up, look at the top of the screen and you should see the typical stuff; score, time, level info. If you push "B" (or it could have been select, or select+b) the world number that is shown at the top of the screen should cycle through 1 to 8. Get it on the level you want and push start....or it could have been you needed to treat it like a continue and hold "A" when you push start. But there you have it! I am 99.8% sure I am right on this, but I dont have my SMB handy to try it real quick. =P
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:14:20 PM »
Yep, you're right. I did this last week.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline OverHeat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 12:06:31 AM »
Hey, thanks for confirming that for me. I KNEW it was in there, its just been so long, I wasnt sure if I was right about how to do it anymore... You know, like I /know/ where the heart pieces are for LttP if I am playing, but if I tell you where to dig, you may end up getting so frustrated at digging in the wrong spots you'll come after ME with a shovel.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Offline bobjerry

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: stupid question regarding NES cheat codes
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 03:27:03 AM »
I dont know about a code or not but It was somethign we did all the time, but I cant remeber how we did it. Not Warp pipes eaither. It was on teh demo screan when Mario was just sitting ther yo could scroll through which world you wanted to star on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:57:21 AM by MegaByte »