Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (1006/1309) > >>

Plugabugz:
Mad Max Fury Road, or its alternate title: How to try and fail at making Charlize Theron look ugly.

ThePerm:
Mad Max: Fury Road.   Visual: 10 Story: 6 Action: 9 Weirdness: 11 Overall Movie : 8.5.

Max is the least interesting character in the movie. The action is great, I love the visuals. Something didn't entertain me. It could be I'm starting to prefer a giant tv over a theater screen. Charlize Theron's character was great. If you cut max out of the movie and call it Fury Road then there would be no points lost. The lack of Australian accents did take it down a notch. From all indications there will be a  Mad Max: Wastelands.  Sounds good. Maybe this one will be better from all indications Hardy sounds like he was being a difficult actor. He said he had to apologize to Miller.

I'm still tempted to make a Mad Max/Escape from new york parody movie. I have the costumes.
http://imgur.com/a/5Wsau#4

broodwars:
I saw Tomorrowland earlier this evening, and it's both amusing and sad that a movie who's very message is that the world is being destroyed by cynicism and apathy has internet critics practically tripping over themselves to condemn it. Yes, it's a movie hopelessly obsessed with optimism and what could be achieved if anyone gave a damn. That's kind of the point.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. It's by no means a perfect film. There's way more of an action movie bent to it than I felt was necessary or justified and the movie really drops the ball on what appear to be the central villains for most of the film (the evil AAs). After a certain part of the movie, they just completely vanish from the movie, and aside from a throwaway line I completely missed until my best friend pointed it out they don't even explain why the AAs were there.  That one, huge plot point aside, I felt the action was excellent; the comic timing superb; and the film's earnest sincerity really spoke to me. Also, the performances were excellent all around. I particularly enjoyed the goofy acting of the AAs, which straddles a very thin line between being utterly ridiculous and strangely endearing. And the relationship between George Clooney & the Athena character was very well-executed.

To me, this movie reminds me a lot of how I felt coming out of the Muppet movie reboot from a few years ago: it's not a masterpiece of filmmaking. Its parts don't come together flawlessly, but its message about optimism; hope; and effort saving the world by reminding everyone that we once thought it was possible was very endearing. The world may suck, but it doesn't have to. It's the same "heart on your sleeve" optimism that really made me love shows like Quantum Leap.

So yeah, I hope that audiences are more open-minded about this film than the critics were.

BranDonk Kong:
I pretty much agree with ThePerm's review of Mad Max: Fury Road, maybe I'd give it a little higher on the story scale though. There is a story there, they just kind of ignore it and it's basically non-stop action from beginning to end. If you have any thought of seeing it, do.

ThePerm:
im pretty sure if i hadn't seen the others i would think it was better. It is better in a lot of way than say road warrior.
If I were to do a rating scale. It would be Road Warrior > Fury Road  ==  Mad Max > Thunderdome.  Keep in mind I'm one of the people who liked Thunderdome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version