Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755201 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #2300 on: November 17, 2018, 03:16:03 AM »
Bought Xbox One X and a bunch of games for it: RDR2, Dead Rising, DR2, REmake, Assasin's Creed Origins, Nier Automata.

I had first Read Dead Remeption game for like 7 years now and will eventually play that first and then move on to RDR2.

For now, Assasin's Creed Origins takes precendence with maybe some Nier on the side...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: November 17, 2018, 08:25:50 AM »
How long ago did you buy it? Apparently Kohl's will be selling them for $400 and you get $120 back in Kohl's Cash starting Monday.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: November 17, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
Azeke's in Europe so I'm not sure that deal will apply to him.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: November 24, 2018, 08:56:54 AM »
I'm disappointed that Black Friday went by and nobody posted any bragging stories about the awesome deals they found.  C'mon everyone - I need to live vicariously through you!
NNID: ejamer

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: November 24, 2018, 09:41:18 AM »
I picked up God of War for $25 and Wolfenstein II for $15 for PS4...I'll play them one day.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: November 24, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
I caved and ordered Just Dance 2019 for Wii U for 29 bucks. Still a bit steep maybe, but I guess the curiosity of it being the last wide-market physical Wii U game pulled me in. Now watch 'em release a 2020 version next year haha. Slightly regretting the purchase already before it's even arrived - the quintessential Black Friday experience!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: November 24, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »
I got Skyrim, Kirby Star Allies, and Xenoblade 2 for $35 each along with LA Noire and a bunch of Pinball FX3 tables that were on sale.

On 3DS I got the Dragon Fantasy games and the 3DS version of Shovel Knight.

On PS3 I got a ton of PSOne classics versions of Final Fantasy games.

My backlog and wallet both hate me now
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:52:12 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: November 25, 2018, 03:53:47 PM »
Xbox One X (traded in my old original model towards it), Wolfenstein II (Xbone), God of War (PS4). Also got both Pokemon Let's Go games for my kids. The Xbone was the Fallout 76 bundle, but that game is trash so I Sold it right back to GameStop during my purchase.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: November 25, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
I'm disappointed that Black Friday went by and nobody posted any bragging stories about the awesome deals they found.  C'mon everyone - I need to live vicariously through you!
It seemed like pretty lame deals this year, I didn't really see anything interesting.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: November 25, 2018, 04:55:06 PM »
It seemed like pretty lame deals this year, I didn't really see anything interesting.

Yeah, the only Black Friday gaming stuff I picked up was DQ 11: Day 1 Edition (which I traded in Pokemon Eevee for) and Lego Incredibles 2 for $20.

Most of my Black Friday stuff was various movie BluRays.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: November 26, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »
Well, Black Friday may have been lame, but I ended up scoring a few good Cyber Monday deals. Assuming the postal service doesn't deliver to the wrong place as they often do around this time of year, I'll have these coming to me for Switch:

Valkyria Chronicles 4: $16
Mega Man X Collection Collection: $12
Overcooked! 2: $8
Mega Man Legacy Collection Collection: $4
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary: $4

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: November 26, 2018, 09:54:57 PM »
Wow those deals are great...how did you do that?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: November 26, 2018, 10:08:29 PM »
Well, Black Friday may have been lame, but I ended up scoring a few good Cyber Monday deals. Assuming the postal service doesn't deliver to the wrong place as they often do around this time of year, I'll have these coming to me for Switch:

I suspect a few Best Buy purchases were in order. Their website had a pricing error this morning that matched some of those prices.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: November 26, 2018, 11:20:20 PM »
Yup indeedy,. Best Buy. I got in when the sales went live and some were price errors. I thought they might cancel the order when I saw they were in error, but to my surprise they shipped out today so they honored it. Sometimes insomnia pays off!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: November 27, 2018, 07:48:53 AM »
... for Switch:

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats on some awesome deals. :D

(Ah, sweet vicarious life...)
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: November 30, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
Newegg has a 1/2 off certain games with code deal, sprung on a $20 copy of Persona 5, which is the cheapest I've seen for a physical copy of the game on PS4.  Now I can mail back my friend's copy to him and take my time on the second playthrough next year.

Only other game I bought recently was Jackbox Party Pack 5 on Switch when it was on sale for $21 on the eshop, between my wife & I loving You don't know jack, and having some holiday gatherings coming up, it's as good an excuse as any to pick it up now.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 02, 2018, 02:44:16 PM »
ok, Target has Civ 6 on Switch for $40, had to buy in at that price.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 02, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »
I bought two things that kind of go together. First, I bought a red Joy-Con R to go with the blue Hori Joy-Con with a d-pad I have on the other side. And second, since that means I now have two full pairs of Joy-Cons that aren't connected to my Switch, I bought a charging stand that holds four of them to keep them ready for when I have people over. There are a few different models of these out there, but I bought the PowerA model and it seems to be working well so far.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 03, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »
I bought two things that kind of go together. First, I bought a red Joy-Con R to go with the blue Hori Joy-Con with a d-pad I have on the other side. And second, since that means I now have two full pairs of Joy-Cons that aren't connected to my Switch, I bought a charging stand that holds four of them to keep them ready for when I have people over. There are a few different models of these out there, but I bought the PowerA model and it seems to be working well so far.

How do the D-Pad ones feel?  I've went back and forth on it, My only hesitation is having a single use controller like that, but I play a lot of 2D platformers....

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 03, 2018, 01:08:43 PM »
I like it a lot. I had gotten used to the separate buttons "D-Pad" on the Joy-Con but it's definitely a big improvement. If you play a lot of games like that and you do it in handheld mode I think it's worth it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 03, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
Doom (Xbone). Traded in my unopened copy of the Switch version (that I bought a year ago for $30 lol) for $60 credit at Best Buy...got the Xbone version for $20. Waited for 60GB One X patch - it let me start playing at 49% so I did...wow this game is dark...as in it had not downloaded the new textures, so everything except blood, fire, video, was completely black with no lighting effects either lol. Waited till it finished...it looks so good.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 04, 2018, 01:41:18 AM »
Doom is one of my favorite games of the generation, you are in for a treat.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 04, 2018, 05:38:09 PM »
Funny follow-up from my last post: I ended up receiving two copies of Overcooked! 2! For some reason the order of 5 games was split up into three packages, and it seems one of them had Overcooked! 2 slipped in but it wasn't accounted for. Best Buy won't take it back because there's nothing in their system which indicates two were sent (is this some kind of FTC rule?). Everything's coming up Milhouse I guess!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 04, 2018, 06:16:55 PM »
Why would they take it back? If worked at a shop and someone tried to give back a item like you did I would refuse or at least go "what?". I am not even sure what the paperwork for that is.

While your attempt at honesty is admirable it wasn't like you picked up a wallet with identifying elements. Gift it to someone for Christmas and send money to that gaming charity for sick kids, don't send the game.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 06, 2018, 09:02:12 AM »
Why would they take it back? If worked at a shop and someone tried to give back a item like you did I would refuse or at least go "what?". I am not even sure what the paperwork for that is.

While your attempt at honesty is admirable it wasn't like you picked up a wallet with identifying elements. Gift it to someone for Christmas and send money to that gaming charity for sick kids, don't send the game.

There's always the possibility that a retailer realizes their error and tries to charge for the second item accidentally shipped if it isn't returned.  I doubt it occurs that often, but I would probably err on the side of caution, too.