Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Trailer  (Read 2586 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Trailer
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
See Link battle giant enemies in this MotionPlus-enabled game.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=23314

Nintendo has released the trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As demonstrated by Miyamoto at Nintendo's press conference, Skyward Sword will feature 1:1 sword controls as well as enhanced aiming features. The trailer shows off the game's unique graphical style, which features Twilight Princess' design combined with Wind Waker's colors.    

More can be seen in the trailer:    

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 09:11:17 PM »
game looks great. but considering link does a flip in one of the attacks i am guessing the sword isn't completely 1:1

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »
Looks SOOO amazing, I cannot wait! Love the art style.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:37:03 AM »
I'm hating the font for 'skyward sword' everything else looks wonderful.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 08:41:04 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 03:11:29 AM »
The more I look at it the prettier it looks. But why in the world would they use that old song for this trailer? I suppose the music in the game has barely begun, seeing as they might be having an orchestra and Miyamoto only recently said they would. Using the same music in the Galaxy 2 trailer from the Galaxy 1 trailer seemed kind of logical. I just find it odd that a new theme wasn't revealed.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
Well music is one of the last things done. You have to have the setting and the gameplay down to set the right tempo for the areas.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 02:13:49 PM »
The more I look at it the prettier it looks. But why in the world would they use that old song for this trailer? I suppose the music in the game has barely begun, seeing as they might be having an orchestra and Miyamoto only recently said they would. Using the same music in the Galaxy 2 trailer from the Galaxy 1 trailer seemed kind of logical. I just find it odd that a new theme wasn't revealed.

Actually we're still not sure if the game will have an orchestra or not.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1099184p2.html

Aonuma: This is actually something we've been talking about for  quite a while. I've discussed with Mr. Miyamoto, "are we going to do  orchestration?" and mulled it over for a while. We got here to E3 and  still didn't have an answer, so last night in the roundtable when the  question came up, Mr. Miyamoto just said "I guess we're going to have  to." And I said "We can? We can do it, really?" But, to be honest, I  haven't had the chance to sit with him and get the OK on that. So, to  be honest, I don't know either. He might tell me he was just joking  around later. 

No real surprise considering Mario Galaxy's composer, Mahito Yokota had to repeatably beg Miyamoto in order to get one.  Looks like the future of orchestrated music appearing in a Zelda game lies in Aonuma's ability to beg Miyamoto enough to get it.

Of course I wonder if maybe someone like Miyamoto might consider allowing the Mario Galaxy games to have an orchestra a lose on his part and so as a result he's going to refuse allowing Skyward Sword to have one no matter how many times anyone begs in order to feel like he's in control again.  You can never tell with Miyamoto since some things make him seem like a really nice guy who's fun to be around while others make him sound like an ego driven maniac who needs everything to be done his way or the highway.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »
Well music is one of the last things done. You have to have the setting and the gameplay down to set the right tempo for the areas.
And if all else fails, Guile's Theme goes with everything.

No, really, try it with the Skyward Sword trailer. I did. I was most pleased.
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 10:04:27 PM »
Has anyone else noticed how the emblem behind the title at the end of the video does not shine, as in it looks like it is made of rock instead of gold?

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 02:23:08 AM »
No real surprise considering Mario Galaxy's composer, Mahito Yokota had to repeatably beg Miyamoto in order to get one.  Looks like the future of orchestrated music appearing in a Zelda game lies in Aonuma's ability to beg Miyamoto enough to get it.

Of course I wonder if maybe someone like Miyamoto might consider allowing the Mario Galaxy games to have an orchestra a lose on his part and so as a result he's going to refuse allowing Skyward Sword to have one no matter how many times anyone begs in order to feel like he's in control again.  You can never tell with Miyamoto since some things make him seem like a really nice guy who's fun to be around while others make him sound like an ego driven maniac who needs everything to be done his way or the highway.

Actually, that's wrong. Mahito Yokota wanted to use Latin & synthesizer music for Mario Galaxy, while Koji Kondo wanted to use orchestral music, and when presented with samples from both, Miyamoto chose the orchestral piece. In fact, for Mario Galaxy 2, the composers were unsure about putting together an orchestra again, but it was Miyamoto who stated it was necessary and green-lighted the orchestra immediately.

I don't think he is opposed to orchestral soundtracks - he probably has his own idea about when it's appropriate. With regard to Skyward Sword, I reckon it is perhaps more appropriate there than any other game. Does Miyamoto feel the same? Who knows? It isn't really worth reading too much into that quote though; it doesn't say that much for or against the idea.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 02:33:43 AM »
During the roundtable, the answer was basically that Mario had an orchestra, so how could Zelda not have one, since it is more suited for it.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report