Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 410393 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #1450 on: May 28, 2014, 04:24:19 AM »

Pullblox World (250+ new levels) hitting June 19. Japanese video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUe7dLRAMGY
Personally, i don't plan to buy it, but i am interested that they're also gonna discount previous 3ds games starting tomorrow.
Also Chibi Robo 3ds game is coming out here on 3rd of July.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1451 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »
Confirmed for NA as well. $9.99 regular price, June 19.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:46 AM »
Did NWR review this with Mario Kart 8!?
Might've bumped the score to an 8.5 ;)

Nintendo's E3 surprise is that they sold out.

Dat German engineering though... Heil Hydra

Edit: oh, and DLC confirmed (this one is free)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:07:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 29, 2014, 03:05:08 AM »
The ad is hilarious:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 29, 2014, 03:09:08 AM »
Yeah, if that's Mario, I can't wait to see Luigi.

Edit: and they better not make me buy Block Fort.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:17:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: May 29, 2014, 03:18:22 AM »
Yeah, if that's Mario, I can't wait to see Luigi.
Peach pls

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 29, 2014, 09:21:21 AM »
Lord.  Luigi is taller than Mario so that would be HUGE.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1457 on: May 29, 2014, 09:26:34 AM »
This partnership is going to be great.  I've been saying for YEARS that Nintendo consoles could really use better suspension.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1458 on: May 29, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
I'm in utter shock of that statement, Nick. It's like a rally cry from an inept comedic kart racer.

For real, though...you're right.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 30, 2014, 12:27:46 AM »
That's what Daisy said.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 30, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
That's what Daisy said.
I read an interesting article the other day that would support Daisy thinking that way.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 05, 2014, 06:39:28 PM »

An official Mario level editor? If true, I'll be so ecstatic. I've been wanting Nintendo to do this for decades, and I can't believe it's finally possibly happening! The touchscreens on the 3DS and Gamepad are perfect for this.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 05, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »
Why did you make two threads about it when you could have just posted it here? And considering you did, I don't see the point.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »
Why did you make two threads about it when you could have just posted it here? And considering you did, I don't see the point.
Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1464 on: June 05, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »
Ah! I get that reference, Adrock! :D

Shoeless Joe Jackson said that to Ray Kinsella near the end of Field of Dreams! :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 08, 2014, 01:44:44 PM »
Was that before or after Crocodile Dundee played basketball?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1466 on: June 08, 2014, 09:45:09 PM »
Back on target. 

I like the idea of a Mario Maker, and I could see how this could incorporate the figures to unlock playable characters.  Think Super Mario Crossover, but official.

I also love this idea for developing the Retro homebrew crowd.  Now, Nintendo could even sell a Nintendo Maker and the figurines unlock what games and characters you can make.  Obviously the Mario Maker could be free...but you should buy a Mario figure for Super Nintendo sprites.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 09, 2014, 12:00:04 AM »
If Mario Maker is real (pixels, photoshops, etc), I wonder how much depth it will have. I myself have fooled around extensively with Valve's Hammer Editor (which is really primitive compared to other editors like UnrealEd) and made some TF2 maps, so I'd like to think my skill ceiling is as high as my ambition ceiling.

Obviously doing things like importing custom textures isn't going to happen (or will it? There is a USB port on the console after all...), so I'm thinking it's going to be some copy-paste job with pre-made assets, like SSBB's stage maker. Which would be kind of disappointing for me- I like to do some very very strange things in my TF2 maps...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:06:24 AM by the asylum »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 09, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
NintendoLife reveals that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will get a Wii U release, coming late summer 2014.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:28 PM »

And thank goodness he did because it proves my point. What point is that? That megathreads are stifling conversation and we need an influx of smaller threads. As I stated in Tendoboy's thread:

Quote from: Khushrenada Super Genius
I'm all for thread creation and proliferation even if a thread is only good for 1 or two posts.

Here's the proof:

Tendoboy's thread (I can only find 1 thread made by him on this subject by the way) - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=44664.0

Phil's thread in Handheld - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=44669.0

Curtdogg's in Talkback (which I think has the best comment of all which is made by stevey) - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=44667.0

You'll notice that despite being the same subject, the tone and discussion in all of them is different. If there is only 1 thread, then chances are half these comments don't exist or ever get made. Look at the scintillating discussion that is made about this game/news/topic in this thread which is considered the "right" thread. Yeah.....

In fact, this little event even triggered a Funhouse name change and a Funhouse thread - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=44681.0

You think that happens when all topics and conversations are funneled into 10 threads designated to handle all discussion?

Much like how the longer generation life seemed to adversely affect the videogame industry into creative stagnation (feel free to now counter with examples a, b, and c after reading this), this idea of continually feeding threads with a new point because it fits the generic theme is also leading to a conversation stagnation and a reduction of comments and makes it feel as if there is nothing new going on.

I may have bemoaned last year how the console discussion forum was nothing but Wii U bashing and a constant reposting of people saying the same thing over and over but can you imagine if there had been one thread titled "Wii U criticism"? The console discussion main page topics probably wouldn't have changed for the whole year as everyone just kept posting in the one thread. The reason people kept reposting the same thing is because they had the chance to do so in a new conversation on the topic. And you know what? I kept reading and following them because they were new threads and conversations while I probably would have stopped if it was just in one thread.

Not all megathreads are bad. There's nothing wrong with rating the last movie you saw in a thread or the Sony getting hit hard lately when they used to have a bad news day every day for awhile. Those threads are based on a topic that has stayed the same since its inception and are a perfect way of allowing people to post something that could be iffy as a signal topic (although part of me wonders what would happen if that were tried). But do we really need to have a topic where the thread title gets changed every so often because of a new story that slightly fits what was last posted in it? And if people are changing the title of the thread, isn't that an indication that maybe a new thread should just be made instead? Do we still need to have the Wii U News and Rumor Consolidation thread? Isn't that what this forum now is? Last generation, we had a whole forum designated for Smash Bros. Brawl discussions. Why'd we do that when we could have just made one single thread for it like we're doing now? Do you really think this is a better method for generating forum usage/interest or for attracting and keeping new forum users? Obviously, Nintendo sales and marketshare and age are going to be a factor but I would say that the situation of the forums from 8 years ago compared to today indicates that this is not the best solution.

There's nothing in the rules that states all conversation on a matter must be 1 thread only. In fact, this rule, (which I may be breaking at this moment)

Quote from: NWR Authorities
Do not "derail" threads. Do not intentionally change the subject of a thread or purposefully turn a thread in an unnecessarily negative direction. If it made you think of a good topic you really want to discuss, make a new thread.

indicates that thread creation should be the goal as well. Don't try to fit all conversation on a matter into one thread but if there are offshoots of it, make a new thread and let it grow. In fact, the only place that has a rule stifling thread creation is the Reader Review section which states on the Forum main page - "Please keep it to one topic per game; just add your review to the thread." which I think is a terrible idea and I make a petition right now for the abolishment of that rule since that forum is hardly used or that busy to need it nor is it fair to anyone who would like to review and post a game in that forum. If User A writes a 2 sentence review of a game and says it sucks which causes some 30 posts to be made about it, why should User B's 8 paragraph better written positive review then be forced to become the next post in that topic and get lost in it?

Yes, I could have made this post somewhere else and maybe I should since it probably won't be noticed by 80% of the users on this forum if they don't regularly click on this thread to see the latest posts (I'm afraid I don't always do that) but it might reach some and maybe it will cause them to join me in breaking from this habit of trying to limit thread creation or critiquing other users of creating a thread on a matter when it could be posted in a semi-related thread on the subject and hopefully it rubs off on others.

There is ample proof that Thread Creation is better than Thread Categorization.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:51:13 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 10, 2014, 01:01:36 AM »
Damn dude, you sure do take the forum politics seriously.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 10, 2014, 01:16:51 AM »
Damn dude, you sure do take the forum politics seriously.

I've spent a lot of time here. It's been part of my internet routine now for close to 10 years. While others have left in a huff or faded away, I've stuck around because I still like it. I like the staff, their articles and other users on here. As such, I just want to see this place survive and thrive. Why shouldn't I be passionate about something I like? It's not forum politics that I take seriously. It's the forum's well-being itself.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
Wii U Game Pad activated a few minutes ago, gave me this screen.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:58 PM »
I got that too, part of the new System Update. Pretty cool that they can do stuff like that now, and I'm tempted to bite on some of those deals.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 13, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
Brain Training DS game out on European eShop for free.
I wonder how book layout is gonna work there...