Author Topic: XenoWeek  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Dlloyd82

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
XenoWeek
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:55:00 AM »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: XenoWeek
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
Xenoweek!

I honestly don't know which is my favourite, Xenoblade 1 is an absolute classic, amazing story & execution, whereas Xenobalde X is more ambitious, probably the best game featuring mechs ever made. I've not finished Xenobalde 2 yet so the jury is still out, the battle system has upsides and downsides over the other style of Xenobalde combat in 1 & X. The annoying quality of life stuff in 2 probably nudges 1 above it.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
You are asking someone who just wrote an absurd amount of text on all three games about his preference.

In spite of the numerous strengths of each Xeno title, the clear choice here is Xenoblade X. While the original is a classic and we wouldn’t have the series without it, the sheer ambition and successful execution of numerous concepts present in X is incredible, and it’s much more substantial layers of depth give it an edge over its bookends.

Check out my in-depth reviews ofbeach game on the forums, by the by!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:17:13 AM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »
....oh.

*leaves disappointed*

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 07:08:45 PM »
I enjoyed the original Xenoblade the most, but I think it's largely because it was first.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:30:11 AM »
Maybe you should write up a case for it since that doesn't seem to be one of the features. There's a case of X and 2 but not 1. Truthfully, when it comes to Xenoblade matters, I leave that in Evan_B's good judgement. ;) If he says X is the best then I agree. Although, at the same time, I must admit that despite having known and heard about how good the 1st is and having interest in playing it, I've still yet to get around to it whereas X interested me so much from the first trailer that I was playing it the day of release. With 2, I actually own a copy but don't have a Switch yet so that's clever but even if I had a Switch, it would not be my first choice of game to play. Something about X has had an appeal to me that the other games lack in their look and story hooks.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.