Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 129708 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (Working Title)
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
Whelp, if there were any doubt Adrock was buying this, it's just been obliterated.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (Working Title)
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »
I would have been content with a Peach alt, but “Here comes Daisy.â€

Caterkiller will be pleased that Ridley is now playable.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
MAH BOI IS BACK!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
At least they added a Battlefield option in addition to all flat, but I hope they thought of an off switch for hazards and just forgot to mention that...

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I'm just so excited for Caterkiller. A decade later, dreams do come true!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I really like that Sakurai’s team updated the graphics on the older stages.

I wonder if Sakurai/Nintendo got David Hayter to return to voice Solid Snake. Also, Marth has an English voice. It feels... wrong.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I’ve already heard one Daisy Ridley joke. Goddamn Mary Sues.........

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
He did, the mad man actually did it.  Every single fighter is now playable and Ridley is finally playable.  Well it looks like I'm quitting my job come December and never seeing the outside world ever again.

And damn this game looks amazing.  Watching the footage on Treehouse live right now and all the little touches and details they added to the game really make battles look better then ever.

Oh and according to Treehouse all of Gannondorf Smash Attacks use his sword now.  So yeah, looks like Sakurai is really going all out in addressing fan complaints while trying to please old fans as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
New Amiibo announced - Inkling girl (but a Smash version) and Ridley (but super awesome!)

There will be a Daisy Amiibo to come. Not shown yet.

Just when you thought you were out of the Amiibo game, Nintendo pulls you back in! I'm getting a Ridley and Daisy!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:08:08 PM by Linkle Link »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Do the "echo" characters take up their own slot on the select screen still, or are they a "costume alt" now, like Alph was?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
Oh ****, Saffron City from 64 is coming back as well.  Damn they're really going all out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
2019? I thought it said 2018...

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Lol, they definitely took it in the opposite direction I would have devoted resources to (Jesus Christ, young link), but I have to respect the extreme nature of it. They really nailed the look, though, just wonder how it plays. Seems like from the Direct they're acknowledging a lot of little nuances.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Whoops. Typed to fast. I guess 2019 is on the brain thanks to this E3. Corrected now. Thanks.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I wonder if Sakurai/Nintendo got David Hayter to return to voice Solid Snake.
Yes, confirmed by the man himself.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Box art:

perfection.gif

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
The website is already up and we already have a music page.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

Holy **** the new Brinstar Depths remix is fucking incredible.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Yes.

Yes.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
Wow it gets even better.  They've uploaded 20 second clips of every fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA1lIms2gwaB6ytzNm2IVd0JvnDXbLKTh

Some of these video's even reveal new things not shown in the previous footage.  The Mario one in particular shows a small glimpse at a New Donk City stage along with Jump Up Superstar playing.

So yeah, the fact they're teasing the New Donk City stage like this without fully showing it, I imagine a lot of the really new content is being saved for the coming months.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Linkle Link didn’t even include the trailer in the OP, did you really think the title was under consideration, Soren? DID YOU?!

OP updated because miracles continue to happen with Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Gannondorf has a sword for all his smash attacks now!  So many little tweaks!

Watching the tournament and seeing all the assist trophies basically confirm who isn't in is almost saddening.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
There are people legitimately complaining about the roster because there aren't more newcomers. I hate people.

In a post Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U world, I find it extremely difficult to take complaints about Echo characters seriously.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, to be fair, I think the lack of new characters is why people are viewing this as more a port and less of a new game which is silly but it does take away from the Smash hype cycle. Melee, Brawl, and 4 kept increasing the roster each time even though there were some subtractions on the way. Only seeing a couple new characters might feel disappointing at first but then you've got to remember they are already at 65 and not every single character is ever going to make it to this game. Your fanboy/girl wishlist will probably never come true for your obscure favorite characters.

What new characters are you expecting or that they can possible still add? Realistically, I think an ARMS character has the potential to show up. I think King K. Rool and Dixie Kong have a potential shot. Same goes for Chibi-Robo. Considering that all third party characters are in this game and Nintendo is giving each company just one character to represent, I'm actually starting to believe that Rare/MS may get Banjo-Kazooie in this game. Or Nintendo could do something to strengthen their growing Bethesda partnership and have someone like the Doom Marine appear. What else is there in third parties? (So sick of the Goku requests. Goku is not a video game character.) For Nintendo, what other character needs representation at this point? Perhaps Paper Mario makes it in. We've got three Links so why not three Marios. A second Xenoblade character?

Melee to Brawl was around 7 years. Pretty much all of the GameCube and the beginning of the Wii unfolded in that time for new things to be added and base the game around. Brawl to 4 was about 8 years. This is just 4 years. There hasn't been that much that was missing in 4 from then to now. Yeah, some franchises have a plethora of viable characters compared to others but how many entries from a franchise need to be included in this game? Look at how fans complained every time an entry was cut or subtracted between editions. If the expectation is that "once in - always in" it makes it harder to add new characters from a franchise.

Maybe it is Smash Bros. Greatest Hits edition but it's like a Smash Bros. Virtual Console. I can have all those characters and stages in one game without having to go back to previous editions and switch consoles to play them.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Is it asking too much that people wait six months or probably fewer with leaks to find out if this is the final roster? Of course it is. I should expect less, not more from the internet.
What new characters are you expecting or that they can possible still add?
I already got Daisy AND Ridley. It’d be unfair if other characters from my personal list got in there. I’ll tell you who I’m not expecting. Midna is already an Assist Trophy so she’s a no-go. Mona could be a fun Wario Echo (may have to change the fart move), but there’s no chance Mona is picked over Ashley for WarioWare representation. KOS-MOS would be fun, but she would never be the second Namco character chosen.

I think the roster could use more villains and female characters.