Author Topic: Neal's Wild February 13 Nintendo Direct Predictions  (Read 3482 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Neal's Wild February 13 Nintendo Direct Predictions
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »

When exactly is Mario Kart coming out? Will Mario Golf ever come out on 3DS?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/36537

At the end of 2013, I laid out some www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/36328">self-admitted ridiculous predictions. It seemed natural to update those dumb predictions for each Nintendo Direct. So, let's take stock of what I was right on and readjust my predictions accordingly for the February 13 Nintendo Direct.

Here's what I predicted for the next few months:

• March 21 - Yoshi’s New Island (3DS) and Inazuma Eleven (3DS)
  • April 11 - Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
  • April 27 - Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
  • May 9 - Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS) and Pikachu Detective Game (3DS)
  • May 23 - Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)

What did I get right? Well, I was close on Yoshi's New Island and was only off by a week. So far, I've missed on Inazuma Eleven coming to North America, but I'll double down and say Inazuma Eleven is announced for North America during this Nintendo Direct for an eShop-only release on March 27.

I was way off on Kirby Triple Deluxe, which is now out in Japan but seemingly doomed for a summer 2014 release in the west. Disney Magical World caught me by surprise, and took over the exact April date I predicted for Kirby. It's a small victory.

My dream of Mario Kart 8 coming out six years to the day after Mario Kart Wii seems dashed, as it's a May release according to Satoru Iwata. That timeframe still seems sweet, though. My call? Mario Kart on May 2, announced during this Direct.

As far as Mario Golf, the Pikachu Detective Game, Yarn Yoshi? Man, I don't know. I think May will see a 3DS game we didn't expect that is revealed in this Direct. Or maybe just Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney or Fossil Fighters. We'll also see more details on Mario Golf and Yarn Yoshi. I don't know. Predicting Nintendo is ridiculous. I mean, non-wearables, right? Who saw that coming? Anyway, here's my readjusted stab at everything (with some known correct info for consistency):

• March 14 - Yoshi’s New Island (3DS)
  • March 27 - Inazuma Eleven (3DS)
  • April 11 - Disney Magical World (3DS)
  • May 2 - Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
  • May 23 - Surprise 3DS Game, Phoenix Wright vs. Ace Attorney (3DS), and/or Fossil Fighters (3DS)
  • Summer - Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)
  • Summer - Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline thumbscar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • bookwyrm05 blog
Re: Neal's Wild February 13 Nintendo Direct Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »
Mario Golf and Yarn Yoshi. Hmm. that would be really cool if they did actually talk about anything that will be released after the spring. But these Directs have seemed to be getting smaller and smaller in scope.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
You might want to read page 6 of this document  and then re-evaluate your stance on Yarn Yoshi. According to this X and Bayonetta 2 are 2014, but Yarn Yoshi is TBD.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140130e.pdf

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »
I have read that. I don't believe X and Bayonetta 2 are coming until the second half of the year, if they both even come out this year.

As for Yarn Yoshi? Well, that might be more hope than anything else, but I'll stand by my dumb prediction.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »
Where is Yarn Yoshi anyway? It's hard to believe we heard about it over a year ago and we've seen nothing since.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
I suspect Yarn Yoshi has gone the route of Project Hammer. That, or it's being completely reconceptualized into something drastically different from what was shown. Otherwise there's no way that game shouldn't be ready to show off with a release date. Can't say I'd feel too bad either way; loved Epic Yarn, but Yarn Yoshi seemed like a confused product, and I imagine Nintendo would rather put their chips in the New Yoshi's Island basket.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 09:37:54 PM »
I posted this before but whatever. If TV show can play repeats, and Ian Sane can post the same things over and over - ZING! then I don't see why I can't make a repeat of my posts. Consider it a "Best of Khushrenada's Postings" (You would but you are still waiting for something good to be posted by me - ZING! Wait, what?) and since I don't know if many saw it last time, now seems as good a time as any to repost it. It is not just turnips I can spam and phish for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Wii U's future is hanging by a thread. So when life gives us thread, we take that thread and turn it into YAAAAAAARN YOOOOOOSHIIIIIII!!!!!

From a land time forgot in a secret handed down by an ancient order of monks of a religion that has passed from the memory of man comes the legend of an idea so great and so powerful it is said that whoever can steel their mind, body and will to understanding it and bringing it forth unto reality will be able to control a wealth greater than that of Midas, El Dorado and the Queen of Sheba combined as well as dominate over all who would oppose this one in a manner greater than the mightiest abilities of Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar and Genghis Khan and be able to forge and shape the future destiny of the world for a millennia to come. That secret is now ready to be unleashed upon us! Prepare yourselves for the destruction of the world as you currently know and understand it for it is all about to change!! Nintendo has made the secret a reality and Iwata is now about to use it!!! Bow before the glorious, terrifying and utterly magnificent new reality that is YAAAAAAARN YOOOOOOSHIIIIIII!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
Yarn Yoshi for Smash?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
I'm thinking we get a new character for smash.

That's all I got.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »
Here are some of my predictions:

• The subtitles for the Smash Brothers games will be announced.
  • Images of Yarn Yoshi will be shown.
  • A new video of X will be shown with its title reveal.
  • More Smash Brothers videos and characters.
  • New Bayonetta 2 video with release date.
  • Watchdogs is still for Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 04:30:19 AM »
I'm thinking we get a new character for smash.

That's all I got.

Ray from Disaster Day of Crisis?

*continues waiting*

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
I predict a big spike in the viewership of this Nintendo Direct because of the snow day that tens of millions of people are getting on the east coast.  I know I'll be watching live and I usually can't because of work.  If I'm right, let's hope Nintendo can handle the traffic...
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.