Author Topic: very interesting video i ran across Nintendo ON???  (Read 16217 times)

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: very interesting video i ran across Nintendo ON???
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2005, 12:32:03 AM »
What a nerd this guy is...

Offline LuWoo75

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:very interesting video i ran across Nintendo ON???
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2005, 06:49:20 AM »

Originally posted by: Hedorah64

Originally posted by: Artimus
Is no one else seriously glad this is fake?

Did anyone, well excluding LuWoo75, actually think this was real?

Not me cause it just made me look like a dumb *#@, J/K :^) but let me say that dude has too much time on his hands.

I'm glad it woulda been ok as a side project but not the rev itself.  It intrigues me even more to find out what the Revolution really is.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »
Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I thought someone, including myself, would like to know what this interview with the creator of the Nintendo ON video is all about.

Interview

Can someone thats speaks spanish translate and then just post the good/intersting parts?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2005, 11:31:41 AM »
Thank you Word Lingo:

In order to begin, just a little bit of background. Surely that you remember makes thing of a month. The wet diapers and marches to rate of Wagner happened by histéricos lloriqueos and pagan rites to give back a Yamauchi and its fist of iron to the throne of Kyoto. Desperation and desolation between the nintendera cause. Everything was divertidísimo until gamerah one went to carajo had to a large extent to a man, Pablo Belmonte, and his "they fan fiction" called Nintendo On.

You will know him others "fan fiction" like that one of Mario Univer, the one of Zelda, or the one of F-Zero...

The case is that in theory he and I go to the same school of fallera design (he in last course and I, who I am here in gamerah in order to lower the age average, in first). Actually it does not go in something as well as a year, but that one is already another subject. So, in world-wide, expensive exclusive right to face between (one and one tenth, rather) masterminds both bienhacedores of video more awesome of the last times (and no of us two is Paris Hilton!), ROCK ON, BABY!

Atari Baby: In the first place, it wanted agradecerte in name of everything gamerah that you dedicate something to us of your time for this interview, thus contributing to our perverse plan for world-wide domination. It has passed something more of a month from all madness of the video of Nintendo On and E^3, how you remember those days?

PBM: Thanks to you for "mojaros" with the subject Nintendo On. They have been passing many things for just a month, many that were calculated and other that surprise to you and they remember to you that the inverted time has been worth the trouble. The truth is that not them memory with much joy, much people do not think that the video of Nintendo On I did it in one week, although unlike which many think was not one week amused but rather of infarct.

A_b: Man, is to hope. The technical level of the video is certainly impressive. I personally have amused myself very many reading all the strange theories on ' conspiración' and all that, and of how there was people who said that the video was a maneuver of Nintendo it stops to turn aside the attention.

PBM: It has surprised to me to see that the snow ball follows and follows growing, people are very tozuda (almost as much as I) and continue inventing hoaxes not on the new console of Nintendo, that would be normal, but on my creation.

A_b: All this of the theories on a conspiracy, and of Aries, and of how the accountant of castles of the video stops itself in certain number, and the calculations, sound more a 'Further on' that a gamerah. Very it has been amused. Why you think that this has risen all commotion?

PBM: Very many things are saying on the video, many of they loaded of foundations and totally absurd others (that are the best ones because they are with that we have ed ***reflx mng ourselves more). In certain way my intention to to make the video was to cause this type of commotion; memory that the idea was the one of to make a video protests since it gave (and I continue giving) by fact that Nintendo it is going to disappoint to me with his "Revolution?. In the final video no I could count all the philosophy that had created around Nintendo On but even so people have invented it, saying that if the console serves it stops to walk with her by house until hitting the walls or that the personages of the games adopt the form of the player. In fact the video went further on and it explained everything with much clarity, although finally misfortunes unexpected they caused that it was totally incomplete and I believe that that has been the main reason that they have been created all type of "theories" on Nintendo On.

A_b: It is certain that it was not left the idea very clear, and as well there were things to polish in the video. It is clear that with more time it would have been left all perfect one. As well, I believe that removing the video before it would have had even a greater repercussion. Why you had it to do everything in the last one week?

PBM: It took preparing the video during months. Nevertheless, only two people you were to as much of everything what was going to be from principle, Odewill (the illustrator with more future than I know) and you [ note of the editor: tú=yo ]. It took during preparing the video months, since the philosophy behind Nintendo On is quite complicated of to explain. He was already everything practically finished when... ¡the disc was broken to me hard where it kept all the information! I lost more than 150 gigas only of Nintendo. When it passed this to me I decided to leave the video, although still it was left time stops E^3, so in the end I threw of cabezonería (I will not be the best one in videos, games or 3D, but to cabezonería do not gain anybody to me), I retook all work and I returned to make a mini part of the video.
Thanks a Odewill and to you [ ndr: ti=yo ], with that it had shared something of information, I could recover sequences like the one of 512 million castles.

A_b: That scene is so awesome that I do not conceive human form in order to create it. ¿¡HOW CARAJO YOU DID IT!? When the camera moves away castles happen to be a texture, no?

PBM: She is one of those things that do not take control nor of programs 3D, nor with powerful computers, but with the Coco. It is the magic that it has "not in real time ". That scene is everything a flat sequence although in fact it has muuuuuuuchas takings and flat muuuuchos of depth, only makes lack patience.

A_b: In addition the castle is identical polygon by polygon to how it memory. You really did it by rough estimate?

PBM: I was very contented with the castle (also in him cabezonería can see a little my). She wanted that people hallucinated to to consider if it were the authentic castle of Mario 64, by necessity that video must have left Nintendo. By that I not only did equal the scenery, watching the original one, but that I copied frequency of the movement of the flags and the one of the displacement in the texture of the water.

A_b: A month after the video I continue giving account to me of details that it had not seen before. It seems to see to me Triforce in mapping of the left of the general Vista of the castle of Mario at the end of video... The detail level is really apabullante, how many hours you slept during The Week?

PBM: Triforce? I believe that it is most normal that I have heard, is people who have seen that way camouflaged a tribute the day of Revolution in Texas or the voice of Reggie [ Fils-Aime, executive vice-president of sales and marketing of Nintendo America ] saying nosequé.
Let us see, Domingo and Monday I slept... 2 or 3 hours, Tuesday one hour I create (not it affluent memory), Wednesday I fell ill of fatigue and stress yes and that I slept all the night, and Thursday I did not sleep.
In any case I am customary to this type of life, this year no longer study, but the last year to be able to as much finish to works mine as of the school of design, got to have as much stress that did not let bleed the nose to me.

A_b: MMM... cocaine?

PBM: [ laughs ]¡¡What consists that I do not put!!!

A_b: Speaking of insalubridad, Mario of end your video seems devoid of proteins [ sic ], how many kilos you lost in Week?

PBM: Unfortunately the kilos that that lost Mario, I gained, when I have much stress gives me to eat and things not very healthy. In reality Mario of the video it had the intention to be Mario totally different (like Mario of Mario Univer). Although to make the things to race against the clock is not the best thing to do well works...

A_b: And here I enter and my moment of autobombo. I have to say that Pablo it was not the only type in charge of the video. Although he it designed everything, it modeled everything, it animated everything, texturizó everything and renderizó everything, servant it made the rest. Good, the rest or nothing. We go, the graphical mark of 'Nintendo On', besides to touch the noses just a little bit to him. You were left contentment with she?

PBM: [ laughs ] Creo that at this moment you can participate counting the evident thing that it has been for all the result and what cost to arrive at name. From the beginning it was clear that the name and the mark had to be relatives, whom something seen and that remembered already at any moment it could be real. They were shuffled many name like Nintendo Ten, Nintendo Twice (that to my I liked much jeje)...

A_b: [ short him ] Twice he was horrible.

PBM: ...we analyzed the characteristics of all the marks and names created by Nintendo to date and we tried to deduce the following name...

A_b: [ I return to cut ] to himNintendo On Crack, Nintendo On Speed?

PBM: ...and finally although a little skipped the rule of seriousness to play with logotipo where it appeared the icon "o_O"that is used to give to understand surprise, seemed to me very good idea, mainly because the intention was that everybody remained thus [O_o] when it saw the video, finally it remained in "Nintendo_On?.

A_b: The typical universal symbol for the ignition was styled of the electrical apparatuses on a typography Helvetica and Passovers saints. That yes, I believe that you are the client harder than I have never had. You rejected million to me logo. It is more, I believe that I did not leave Friday at night by your fault. You are perverse.

PBM: perhaps [ laughs ] Siento haberte made work as much, is very demanding, but that consists that I am it because also I am it with same me although the result of some things that I do reflects the opposite...

A_b: No, if it were a pleasure.

PBM: Much people, by forums and other sites of Internet say that I am a prepotent one, that if me I have it very believed... It enchants to me.

A_b: Rather you are an addict puñetero in detail.

PBM: That in me is a disease.

A_b: ¡The people of your type you are odiosos!

PBM: [ laughs ] Mira my short one (diarrea rather mental) Live X u and soon it tell me that I am perfeccionista.

A_b: In now serious, the truth it is that I am orgullosísimo of as it were, and orgullosísimo also of to have collaborated in the video (although it was little). I have collaborated in that without a doubt they are greater "fakes" (if you want to call thus) pajeros of the year. The famous one interview a Yamauchi (if it were little credible the maquetación and the illustration type Wired, culpadme), and the video of Nintendo On [ note of the publisher: servant prefers to use the term ' will sátirá, in which he concerns yamma.]. Two projects very, very different, done by different people and with objectives different. You will recommend my name to him a Reggie when work for him?

PBM: You would have to be proud of how you design (because you have many reasons to be it) not to participate in "fakes". Hopefully it does not have recomendarte your name, hopefully someday is i myself my head, in that case no it would be necessary that nobody recommended to you because I like much as you work. Of moment I hope to continue having you for future projects.

A_b: Or the other way around, it remembers that I gave sopitas you with waves in two aids of design to which we have appeared both.

PBM: ¡Ja ja ja!

A_b: What you think on certain people (it see nintendoon.Co.uk) that is tried to adapt of your work? I am thinking about sending a Cubitorah to by them.

PBM: I am a little disturbed and I really do not know if to take it badly to me or or, by a side I think that they have bought the dominions (nintendoon.com and nintendoon.Co.uk) to try to do blackmail to me, but that would be a stupidity on the other hand. I already have my section in "elRellano" where I put everything, and does not need to me no dominion. What yes that begins to touch a little to me the noses are that they use my name, stops its benefit.

A_b: Man, at least is logical that they say that you have done it you, no? I see much worse the one of nintendoon.Co.uk. In any case, why they think that you would love those dominions?

PBM: Nor idea, much people thinks that I did all the one of Nintendo ON by boredom and it does not stop to try to make me hear with respect to my perhaps ideals, they also think the same and they are thought that by boredom it would make a Web of on Nintendo ON.

[ nde: in order to clarify, in the Briton it does not appear more than an innocuous one animation in flash as a placeholder, and second (that if bad nonmemory redirigía in principle to the news referring to Nintendo On in ign) is mirror of the video without propaganda neither bad arts (nor the name of its author, certain, but that one is a information that has not left the Spanish-speaking circles or it has done very a posteriori). The one to take control of the most unthinkable dominions in order to resell them to the best postor it is an enterprise practice invented more or less when the first visionary was sold by a bowl of rice to the borders of the Euphrates. What we are going to him to do.]

A_b: In any case, in the end you called a Reggie, truth? It gives as much fear as it seems?

PBM: [ laughs ] the history of Reggie... that is a species of himself, but no.
Reggie it said what said in that interview [ nde: that him it would please to speak with the author of the video, when a journalist raised to him this question ] in order to be well, she is the executive vice-president (I create) and it must be well before the press. By a side it honors much to dedicate to him seconds to a simple one fan like I, but nothing else far from the reality, the only thing that I received on the part of Nintendo it is "we felt it, Reggie ocupadísimo is a man, if you want to work with us sends your currículum (that surely we will not watch) and it proves luck ". Good, the certain thing is that I it never speaks nor with Reggie nor with the people of Nintendo, but my friend Love that a cable with its English has thrown me (and with its calls to America). During weeks they avoided it, but finally I create that it spoke with Reggie (or at least with its secretary) and he or who outside said to us that of "now in our section of works are vacancies of designer of concepts, I do not promise anything to you but it sends your currículum ". Although finally I discovered that that "position" not even was of Nintendo but of affiliated his Retro Studios. I sent the currículum, but at the moment nothing of anything.

A_b: It has not happened more than one week of that. Everything opportunely, I believe that they will take to you. I see east summer type you Home English.

PBM: The best thing of all this is than I see that they ignore completely the war that I am arranged to give, already I am preparing the next thing. I create sincerely that them could be of utility a Nintendo, on everything considering (and I will not say names) that many of its workers they ignore that Super Mario it is a game of Miyamoto.

A_b: MMM... Miyamoto, who is that?

PBM: [ laughs ] Apparently is japo that flirteó with an aunt ruborizada in the presentation of Nintendogs in E^3.

A_b: ¡Ah! The presentation was really graceful of Nintendo in E^3, I do not know if nihilista or brilliant. But I at least I amused much. In addition, personally I think that little that they presented/displayed (GB Micro and the small box of Revolution) they are two of apparatuses better designed of the history of Nintendo. What you think of the paper of Nintendo in E^3?

PBM: ¡Papelón! For years it would be totally impossible that me it left what I am going to say now, but more than paper which did Nintendo in this E^3 it seemed to me hygienic paper, Game Boy Micro although as you say very well designed it seems to me "absurd". I create that the competition has given such puñetazo them that totally they are stunned, me it gives the sensation (by everything what they take demonstrating these years to me) that they do not know very well what they are doing. They go of ready basing all its new ones strategies in purely commercial theories, try to take revenge themselves of competition by everything what these have robbed a Nintendo (as much sales like ideas) copying his more than doubtful enterprise techniques. problem? That if Sony or Microsoft they treat a their users as ignorantes and they tame them as if they were animals can who are because their users leave themselves, but in the case of Nintendo it is useless which they throw by this way since it fails the basic thing, you cannot use techniques of marketing of other companies with users who do not correspond.

A_b: And which is the difference between the client of Nintendo and the one of Microsoft or Sony?

PBM: In the first place I want to leave very clear that it is not that it is good for being of one and not of another one, that is to say, not to support a Nintendo you are better than if you support a Sony, we did not speak of forms to be, of intelligence nor of nothing of the sort. The things always are as they have to be the unique thing is that there is to call to each thing by its name. If PlayStation it won as far as sales a Nintendo it is evident that it was by the piracy, also is evident that not all those that have one Play it was for in broad strokes piratear games but and making the Vista fat on the minorities, the piracy was the reason for the incredible sales of PlayStation. If you analyze this fact and you compare it with Nintendo it give you he tells that the users of a console and another one have great differences. Somebody that buys a console to be able to have all the games free and of those way to be able to play more evidently has a concept of the videojuegos different from which buys a console that cannot be piratear because what him it pleases is to play so single 2 or 3 games to the year to the maximum, operating them.
The great failure of Nintendo it arises here, when you apply strategies destined which it prefers to play games being centered solely in playing which they prefer to delight with the different ones sections of the game instead of simply playing. A good example of this is the new ones Zeldas.

A_b: Then, what strategy would have to follow Nintendo? I vote by criogenizar the head of Yamma in a tarrito, à Futurama, and after it to accept all the orders that Sacrosanct Yellow Pattern dictate.

PBM: Man, also would be well that Nintendo it matched very good stops PlayStation and Xbox and that distributed their gains between all those that we have all consoles of Nintendo. Although... really there are sagradas norms, you never leave the money thinks by you, it finds something in which you have blind faith for centrarte in doing it completely without information (that is to say, without watching the rivals), not you shame to fulfill your principles and mainly "it makes money doing that fans wants that you do "in this case, doing the games making an effort to the 100% and not fast and running to be able to sell more and to save money.

A_b: And what you think that it will do Nintendo in next generation? I give five minutitos you so that you speculate on ?¡The Revolution!? (it dígase with tone of Cuban dictator) in all the levels, ahead:

PBM: Sincerely, not that it will do Nintendo, I do not have nor idea, the only thing that I know clearly (very clear in addition) is what "they would have to do", and that with which is doing is very probable that it takes to me a deception grandísima.

A_b: That was fast, exceeded half to you of the time. Then nothing of laser beamses nor gelatin controls with a series labeller to draw the bellboys?

PBM: Surely it will have more to do with a potato that if you water grows hair to him, of course all the conformistas followers when announce will do "oooooh"...

A_b: ¡PIKMIN!

PBM: You are never thinking that like after as much time with the mystery, if Mario 128 it turns out to be Pikmin with many Marios it would be for killing to them?

A_b: The truth is that less could not concern me. The good thing that it has this of the videojuegos is that there are many forms to take it to it. another day I bought my first console of more than 16 bits, one Dreamcast, and I am extreme-contented with her. The truth is that the only game that me it really interests is Earthbound, that is something superior a me, and I am so jodidamente piratón-wannabe that I have always played it in emulator...

PBM: More than 16 bits?

A_b: , yes single I have a pair of Megadrives French who gave my brother to him, and other two Gameboys (one Light and one Color), that I bought the year happened to folclorizar to the masses. I believe that I will buy another one Dreamcast and I will do something type Micro Coffer of Noah of consoles.

PBM: I will try to piratear my Playstation 2 in order to see if therefore it lets to me play my Mojib Ribbon original.

A_b: You know that that is illegal?

PBM: What? Not to remove the so best game in Spain?

A_b: That is not illegal, that is simply stupid.

PBM: To be stupid would have to be illegal.

A_b: Certain. Returning to the subject of the video, one of questions that are made people more are from where it left music. He is magnificent, very of "presentation of the most important console of the century". Of whom it is?

PBM: "the treasure of the amazons" of the brilliant one Harry Gregson-Williams, the genius that puts music to the last ones Metal Gear. [...] I tell a secret You?

A_b: I can count it in the interview?

PBM: It advanced.

A_b: Then yes.

PBM: My dream is not to work in Nintendo, in reality my dream is to work "for" Nintendo, since the truth is that I would like to direct my own games (although by supposed I do not close myself to anything). Although... at the moment... I do not love that me they still fichen, I have great projects like great parodia of Gear Metal Solid 3 and another one of The Matrix that I want to do with calm.

A_b: And as much that with calm. How many years you take?

PBM: Of Gear Metal we only took about 2 or 3 months (although the idea already we had it years ago) and ThesMadrix it is going to do 3 years now, that yes, although it is left much, but most important it is that the delay will be worth the trouble because muuuuy is going to be something great.

A_b: ¡Caray!, the original film surely that took less time in becoming.

PBM: In our case we try to knock down the industry cinematographic of Hollywood with a super-production of 0 euros of budget, that you want that no... it costs.

A_b: ¡Luck!

PBM: Parodia of Gear Metal it is going to be passage between our short amateur of weekend and ThesMadrix, you are invited to the opening (this summer).

A_b: It sounds promising (and pajero!), some plan of future more?

PBM: Of a side they are in favor those "at the moment unattainable dreams", like directing my own game it stops Nintendo, to direct the saga in cinema of Ball Dragoon, Gear Metal or Half Life and in the most realistic and near land (in which I am put now) my cortometraje "Recolectores de Agua", to do one of webs more surprising of the world (Destiny: VillaPacheca) and my more ambitious project, "Digital Overseas", short 3d for Imax cinemas.

A_b: In "Digital Overseas" yes that you take strip of years, of what it went?

PBM: I have been 8 years put in this project, is the plus important because one is my biography.

A_b: Hum.

PBM: And no, one is not to throw flowers nor nothing to me of that but of a biography-metaphor.

A_b: Peculiar, at least. So, you retire of this of fakismo? The truth is that with Nintendo On you have not only put it impossible whoever to do "fake" slightly awesome, but that you you have put same you difficult. It will be necessary to look for "new and revolutionary forms to do fakes ".

PBM: No, of that nothing. You know well that the final video only is a 10% of which he had in mind. In the case it of having finished yes that it had had chungo but... in any case I clarify that I do not like expression "fake", I do not do "fakes", I do "fan fiction" my intention is not to be annoying the perdiz. "fakes" usually has a joking base, which I do not it I make to joke (for that already I make short in elCorral).

A_b: Ah, another thing that differentiates to us. To me it enchants to me to be annoying the perdiz.

PBM: [ also laughs ] To me but... it is not the case. I prefer to be annoying the perdiz in the street for example, the other day I changed of door the poster "out of service" of the washbasins of a discoteca, people refused to piss in water that she did not have light nor cup, but... like in that it works it was happy poster... they did not have another option... a as great commotion was armed as outbursts of laughter of my friends and I.

A_b: You are pure badness.

PBM: ¡Yes! Ah, by the way, yes that is next ' regalitó stops Nintendo. It will be neither of a game nor of a console, that yes, that is prepared.

A_b: It give much fear me.

PBM: I do not want to keep awake nothing, I will say single two words... Reggie, necktie (of DK).

A_b: ¡Badness! Good, my last question. Speaking of Badly, ¿Skeletor or Kobra Kahn?

PBM: Camilo Sesto.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2005, 03:57:14 PM »
TVman do you think anyone will read all of ^that^! My head hurt and I haven't read 1/8 of it.
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2005, 03:59:07 PM »
Thanks TVMan, but......

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1

Can someone thats speaks spanish translate and then just post the good/interesting parts?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2005, 05:19:10 PM »
Look, I'm lazy. I don't speak spanish. It's the best that I could do.
Oh and, Stevey, do you think I read it?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »
I give a thumbsup to TVman's lack of effort
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:51 PM »
basically he brags how he wants to change the industry, its really laughable that he thinks that all his efforts are worth anything, and still he is as cocky as ever, I just feel sad for people like that... well anyway, little tidbits because Im not going to translate something that big:

besides the famous Nintendo on, he also did the Mario Universe fake , Majora's Mask fake, and that funny Yamauchi interview. The interviewer is a friend of his and helped him with some of these, including Nintendo on.

Nintendo on was something he was working on for a few months, but his HD crashed and lost everything, thanks to some friends he had given some of the footage he could come up with that in a week, a week in which he barely slept. The video was planned to be something much bigger.

He made the Super Mario Castle watching every little detail including the flags and water movement, so it would look as real as possible.

Hes going to mod his ps2 to play Mojib ribbon, since the game wasnt released in Spain but he likes the game, personally Ive never heard of it. btw he doesnt metion that as his secret plan or anything, just the part of the casual talk, the interviewer is his friend anyway.

I dont know if you people watched a GS interview, but when Reggie was asked about the fake, he said that he(the faker) should gave them a call, he actually did, well, more like a friend of his, and she only got a response that Reggie was a very busy man, but that he should send his curriculum, nothing concrete, there seems there might be aposition in Retro studios but I got the feeling they dont see it as a sure thing.

He is sure the Rev will dissapoint him, as you read in the previous translation, he actually thinks that virtual reality should be done, he doesnt seem to realize that the console would be either thousands of dollars expensive or if cheap Nintendo would go bankrupt, and by cheap I mean $400 which is still way to much.

He claims that the PS won simply because of piracy, I know that for you it doesnt seem that big of a problem, but trust me, Ive seen it with my own eyes, piracy lead sony to victory. Of course I agree with him in that statement.

They love Yamauchi and his iron fist.

The Nintendo on music is from  “El tesoro del amazonas” (treasure of the amazon)  by Harry Gregson-Williams, who did the lasts Metal Gear's music

he insists he doesnt make "fakes" but "fan-fictions" because these arent jokes.

Still, he plans on doing a Matrix parody which "is going to be huge" a Metal Gear parody, and something with Reggie and DK's tie, and he said in an " menacing" way, which just made me laugh out loud.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2005, 09:10:01 PM »
I remember that you had translated something else of his that he wrote right after he had made the video - it seemed to be similar.

RE: Piracy; I know that it definitely is huge, especially out of Japan/North America, but I don't think that it is as important as he made it out to be.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2005, 08:55:39 AM »
Thanks mantidor.  We all appreciate you very much.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2005, 04:12:05 PM »
The old translation is just a few posts above

I still think piracy was the most important thing, I see it as a vicious cicle, ps1 sales started to grow a lot worldwide thanks to piracy, which lead developers to make more games which increased the ps marketshare and so forth. Then enter the ps2, with its alraedy huge stablished fan base (and stil accesable piracy) and they just had an almost sure victory. Without piracy I can bet the marketshare of ps1 vs N64 and the next consoles after those would be a lot more even, like Nintendo vs Sega.

Something else I found interesting but didnt mention in my previous post, the name for the "fan-fiction" changed a lot and at some point they wanted for it to include the "o_O" emoticon because it means a big surprise, and thats what they were aiming for, so the Nintendo_On name was chosen. I still cant believe he really wants virtual reality, and even after giving it some though I really dont see it as the only future video games can have, and I also think virtual reality would make the game scene even more niche than it was when it began, its seriously not the stuff for everyone.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro