Author Topic: Sonic Adventure DX  (Read 6092 times)

Offline Biohazard

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« on: February 02, 2003, 12:44:52 PM »
Anyone besides me looking foward to this game?  Sonic Adventure 1 was such a blast on the Dreamcast, it's one of those gaming experiences you could never forget.  Is it that good however?  Yes, yes it is.  I have dubbed it one of my favorate games of all times next to the Biohazard/Resident Evil series.  It has it all from high speed action, to puzzle solving, to a nice story.  Sonic Adventure 1 must be a game that we all pick up to support Sega.  I know some of you may be weary next to the awful experience you must have had next to Sonic Adventure 2:Battle but Sonic Adventure 1 is WAY better then that game.  Anyway time come May we all know what game is gonna be a hit.

Questions, New Information, and Comments refer to here.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 12:52:35 PM »
Actually, I kind of enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The camera was just terrible though.

However, I must say that Sonic Adventure 1 is not on my must buy list. Maybe if it gets good reviews I'll check into it but I think there are better options out there. It would be nice if Sega would give us a new Sonic game instead of all these remakes.

Offline Cujandy

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 01:06:24 PM »
I might get it.  I got SA2B and was pretty dissapointed.  I've never played more than the demo of Sonic Adventure, so it'll at least be a rent.
Always do what you are afraid to do.

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 01:13:02 PM »
SA: DX is already on my Must Buy list. If they upgrade the Chao, theres a GOTY contender in my mind. I was one of the few who really enjoyed SA2:B, and I loved the little of SA that I played on my friends Dreamcast. So, pretty much, I definatly want it.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 01:21:44 PM »
The original Sonic Adventure is a far superior game to Sonic Adventure 2. I have both for my Dreamcast and I'd pick the first title every time. With all the enhancements, it should be a real treat for GameCube owners.

Not sure about it being a Game Of The Year contender though. When put next to Zelda, F-Zero and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles that is...
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 01:23:28 PM »
Aretek, I just said in my mind. Right now I'm pretty sure that either SOA:L, Wind Waker, or F-Zero would be my top contenders, unless Nintendo pumps out some great original franchises this year. But I really enjoy all Sonic games, and am really looking forward to SA: DX.

(EDIT for spelling)
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 03:58:44 PM »
Well I've played SA2B and thought it was an amazing game and my friend said that Sonic Adventure 1 for Dreamcast was really fun so......
I'm probably going to get SADX when it comes out.  
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline SoftShell

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 04:38:17 PM »
Well, I for one will grab this game. I really enjoyed SA2:B and those screenshots look sweet. I wonder if it will be a Cube exclusive though (minus DC of course). I've noticed that the ONLY FOR tag is missing on Sonic Mega Collection. Time exclusive only?  

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 05:27:37 PM »
Sonic Adventure rules. Sold me my Dreamcast. When I first played it I remember being stunned at the graphics, as beautiful game in it's day, and i'm sure although it won't look to snappy compared to newer titles, it is a title EVERY Gamecube owner who hasn't played it before should get. The Sonic Adventure have IMO always recieved a far worse rap from the press than they deserved.

edit: and yes, it is better than SA2, provided you like the adventure side.

Offline JSR

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 06:54:42 PM »
I know that other people hated SA2:B, but I found it very fun (except for the camera). That said, I'm very excited about DX. I played the demo when it was for Dreamcast and had lots of fun! The only thing that is keeping me worried is IGN's "At this point, we'd like to keep our hands off" line from the impressions. But, since I'm not an Insider, I don't know why... Maybe PGC can make a preview.
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline mrcivic

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 10:47:11 PM »
The original SA was good, but no, I'm not getting it.
I'm tired of getting DC ports from Sega. Where's Sonic Adventure 3?!
If a Cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about! - Troy McClure

Are you a PAL gamer? Then visit PALGN.com "For PAL gamers - By PAL gamers!"

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2003, 11:28:21 PM »
I'm getting this for sure. Hey, I'm a long time Sonic fanboy, I can't not get this =P

IMO, it's more fun than SA2. Mainly due to the fact that the player isn't forced to play as the many different characters, and take part in their slower paced levels. Choose Sonic, and bam, lighting fast fun all round!

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2003, 01:44:33 AM »

Originally posted by: mrcivicWhere's Sonic Adventure 3?!

Yuji Naka said it would be unveiled at E3 this year. Rumours say that it will be multiplatform as well.

DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2003, 01:52:30 AM »
It better be multiplatform, or the Sega studio is getting an fun little package...

Offline xanrastafari

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2003, 05:17:18 AM »
Sonic Adventure sucked for DC.  And so did 2.  I owned 1 and gave it away.  I borrowed 2 and played it for about five minutes.  heh.

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2003, 05:40:59 AM »
I believe Yuji Naka was more involved with Sonic Adventure than Sonic Adventure 2 (Yuji Naka also has been shying away from the Sonic series as of late to work on other titles, we've already seen that in NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, Samba De Amigo, and Phantasy Star Online).

That said... IMO Sonic Adventure is much better than Sonic Adventure 2.
Think Sonic Adventure 2, with more Sonic stages, less of those other characters, and with the shooting and hunting stages shortened (ie: annoys you for a shorter duration). But unfortunately... Sonic Adventure has Big the Cat... most pointless character in Sonic ever... The camera in SA2 was better than it was in SA, but maybe they might have fixed that in the remake. I was one of those people who would put SA2 in the 6-7 range out of 10. Wasn't a really bad game, but quite flawed.

Offline ShutEye

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2003, 08:03:21 AM »
The Sonic stages in SA1 are great. Hopefully though this title will be reasonably priced. Even with the graphic upgrades I'm getting tired of purchasing DC ports at full price.

Offline Rogue

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2003, 10:43:09 AM »
I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out. The DC version rules.

I don't get why everyone hates SA2B so much. I had loads of fun with it.

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2003, 10:53:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Uglydot
It better be multiplatform, or the Sega studio is getting an fun little package...

Why should it be multiplatform? I think that Sonic games should be limited to the GCN so that others can see how great the GCN is with the fun of the Sonic Adventures. Who knows? Maybe some people get a GameCube just because of Sonic.....and all the other great games.
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2003, 03:27:52 PM »
If they stick to whats fun.......Sonic running at high speeds through loops, then I'll look at it, but no more stupid find the jewels that SA:2 had.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Rellik

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2003, 04:01:05 PM »
Well...

I don't know about anyone else, but I loved SA2:B.  All of it.  Even the shooting/hunting levels.  It was all good.  Mainly because of the over-all feel of the game; it was just so... fantastic, heartwarming, slick, whatever you want to call it.  Plus most of the music was great, and the gameplay was fun above all.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting SAX though... .  Unless I can trade in SA2:B for it, and/or the Chaos can transfer from one game to the other, and/or it's really cheap, I already have too many games as it is.  I'm probably going to be missing out on F-Zero, although I'm pretty sure I won't be sacraficing SCII.  But SAX is pretty low on the list, with Wind Waker at the top.

Maybe I should just go buy a dreamcast, considering how much I like SA2:B and SoA Legends (in fact, AM liking it, I'm in Yafutoma and it's just getting better!  No, there's no straight crystal-to-crystal treasure-hunting to be found in THIS game!).  Then I would be able to play both SAX and Soul Calibur, not to mention PSO and all that other stuff...

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2003, 01:35:41 PM »
Hey all.

New screens a must see, however I think those are actually BETA dreamcast ones.  Notice the VMU and Tail's mysterious new level...anyway discuss.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2003, 04:44:33 PM »
I'll probably end up getting it. I enjoyed it on my friend's Dreamcast, and I was actually considering buying a used Dreamcast just to play this game... and now I don't have too! I actually completed all of Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and E-102's levels on the DC; Tails's levels seems like reruns of Sonic's, and I loathed Big, but I guess you had to finish the game with him to get the last boss, right? If they could just revamp the camera (the controller has a C-Stick for a reason, Sonic Team!), and fix some of the more annoying glitches with the original, it would be pretty good.
The new screens look pretty cruddy though. I do hope they're from the DC version, but why would they release those as GC shots?
Oh, and I believe IGN revealed (though discreetly, on a GC game forecast feature) that the next new Sonic game will be released exclusively on the Cube.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Sonic Adventure DX
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2003, 05:06:18 PM »
Yeah thoughs are shots of the DC version, only  afew are really new. I loved SA2:B mainly becuase of the high speed stages, and hated it mainly becuase of the mechs and the treasure hunting. In the 1st Adventure thoughs were both much funner.

Any who this DX version has 50 new missions, and from some of the "real" new screens it appears that Tails, Knuckles and Amy can all run through some of the Sonic only stages.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn