Author Topic: RFN RetroActive #30: Goldeneye (Wii) - Nintendo WFC Edition  (Read 16364 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RFN RetroActive #30: Goldeneye (Wii) - Nintendo WFC Edition
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »
Please use this thread to trade Friend Codes, set up matches, and discuss the online multiplayer (plus maybe other modes). Some posts from this thread may be quoted on an upcoming episode of Radio Free Nintendo when we discuss the game!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: RFN RetroActive #30: Goldeneye (Wii) - Nintendo WFC Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »
For anyone wondering Gamestop has the game for 17.99 used.

So what controllers did everyone use? Since Wii U is now my Wii I'm a bit bummed I won't get to use the GameCube controllers which were my favorite. That being said, for me the pointer controls gave me a better experience here than in any other Wii FPS game. This is coming from someone who only played FPS games with twin sticks.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline CrankyTapir

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
I just picked up my copy today at Gamestop for 17.99.  I would have liked to buy it new but they didn't have any.  I've been meaning on getting this for some time seeing as it was one of Connectivity's best Wii games. 

I'll try all the different control schemes when I get a chance.  Maybe I'll even pull out my Wii Zapper while I'm at it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Who wants to party up and shoot some n00bs?

3564-6725-4724

Actually I'm more likely to be the n00b getting shot, but we can still have some fun right?

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
My code is 235-707-893-120. Hope to see more codes and to play some of you soon!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
My code is 235-707-893-120. Hope to see more codes and to play some of you soon!
Would you like to schedule a day and time to meet up? Maybe if we do that we could get some more interest. I'm in the Eastern timezone, for reference.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
I'll be doing that formally at least once or twice, but feel free to set up side-matches here. We need more code sharing first!

Tip: Your code can be found in Multiplayer > Party Invite. You'll also find the code entry for other people there.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline iPlayer64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »
My friend code is 390473688082, so feel free to add me whenever!

I remember I was so invested in the online multiplayer, but that was like years ago when the game first came out. I booted up the game again recently and I was rusty as hell.

I loved the Team Conflict and Heroes mode, and Black Box mode was so intense when you have a full room. I pretty much love the team-based modes more than the free-for-all modes. I'm more of a teamwork kind-of-guy when it comes to first-person shooters whenever I do play them  :)

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »

I haven't played this for a couple of years, but will give it a shot.
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline pPatko

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/pual-patro
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »
Is all we need for this NNID and Goldeneye friend code? Is there a Wii system friend code when playing on Wii U?
NNID:  pPatko
GE friend code:  116052833801

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »
That's all you need! The system code is only used for sending memos and gifting games in the shop.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline pPatko

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/pual-patro
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:02:20 AM »
Thanks, Johnny!  You said you'd have your friend code up here?  What about the rest of you fellas?  And anyone else reading this... add me! (1160.5283.3801)  I've never had a "friends only" game (and, yes, I'm a little excited about the prospect).  Let's do this!

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »
Added everyone in this thread.

Mines: 307648231407
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline thedefalcos

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »
I was going to share my friends code, but apparently the Wii mode in the Wii U doesn't have a friend code address book? Either that or I somehow deleted it when I moved everything over from my Wii.

Anyway, I went ahead and played in lieu of the retroactive podcast and the first thing I noticed was how many people are still playing this game. I thought it would take me forever to get into a game but it didn't take any time at all.

Second thing I noticed was how choppy this game is. Is it just that I'm so used to the buttery-smoothness of Black Ops 2's 60 FPS or what? Is playing it in Wii mode on the Wii U messing with it? I have incredibly strong internet connection, so that can't be it.

I still had fun, even with hackers trying to ruin the game. One hack (or at least I think it was a hack) I had to deal was every time I shot my gun, my clip would immediately empty and I had to reload, which meant that if I didn't get a headshot, I was done for. Annoying, but- haha- I still held my own against them. 

Black Box and Golden Gun were my two favorite modes. Heroes was an awesome idea that was poorly executed. They made Bond was more powerful than the terrorist hero. And they also should not have given an option to the person if they wanted to be the hero, because nobody picked it half the time.

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
I was going to share my friends code, but apparently the Wii mode in the Wii U doesn't have a friend code address book? Either that or I somehow deleted it when I moved everything over from my Wii.

Anyway, I went ahead and played in lieu of the retroactive podcast and the first thing I noticed was how many people are still playing this game. I thought it would take me forever to get into a game but it didn't take any time at all.

Second thing I noticed was how choppy this game is. Is it just that I'm so used to the buttery-smoothness of Black Ops 2's 60 FPS or what? Is playing it in Wii mode on the Wii U messing with it? I have incredibly strong internet connection, so that can't be it.

I still had fun, even with hackers trying to ruin the game. One hack (or at least I think it was a hack) I had to deal was every time I shot my gun, my clip would immediately empty and I had to reload, which meant that if I didn't get a headshot, I was done for. Annoying, but- haha- I still held my own against them. 

Black Box and Golden Gun were my two favorite modes. Heroes was an awesome idea that was poorly executed. They made Bond was more powerful than the terrorist hero. And they also should not have given an option to the person if they wanted to be the hero, because nobody picked it half the time.

All the FC stuff is inside the game itself, you should be able to add and see your own code.

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
My code is 3406 3691 2353. I'll add everyone that's already in the thread.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »
Sorry, should have done this earlier. Gonna play in about an hour (the time it takes to input all these codes?).

5199 5827 5106

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »
Yay, I finally got to play with Nick! (Traveller)
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:49 AM »
Yep! Although I wasn't going that well today, I went better the last time I played. Probably just needed a few more rounds.

I wish I played Wii online more, it connects to my internet more reliably than my Wii U..

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
Good games Pandareus, nice to get some games in.

Is anyone else ready to play yet? Not much time left!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 12:07:56 PM »
I've decided to delay RetroActive one more week, because we still need to play more in order to do this game justice. We will be announcing 1-2 official online meet-up events on the front page of NWR and via social media. If you haven't already, add a Friend Code here and enter as many as possible from other users for a better community experience!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Apollo5

• Addison Webb
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
093892691952 I'm on now
Addison Webb

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »
Glad to hear you are giving this game just a little extra time to cook! I haven't had the opportunity to jump in and join fellow NWR forum members in any matches yet! Will be sure to post my friend code before I boot it up.

Offline Chariblaze

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 06:00:48 AM »
FC: 0888 9617 3561

Adding everyone now!

Offline thedefalcos

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »
FC: 140523367660

also adding everyone now. When is the next group play time?