Poll

Which is better?

Beyond Good and Evil (Gamecube, 2003)
7 (53.8%)
Boom Blox (Wii, 2008)
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 07, 2014, 10:45:57 PM

Author Topic: NFRIT Grand Final: Beyond Good and Evil (4) v Boom Blox (5)  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
NFRIT Grand Final: Beyond Good and Evil (4) v Boom Blox (5)
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:45:57 PM »
"This is it, the final battle! Who will bask in the glory of the championship?" - Pokemon Stadium announcer

It's all come down to this. Who will have their One Shineget Moment - the grand adventure or the physics puzzler? Your votes will decide the most underrated game of the Nintendo World Report era.

Beyond Good and Evil: Overshadowed in its own year of release by Wind Waker and later by its own publisher's Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Beyond Good and Evil is often considered Michel Ansel's seminal work. The story may be familiar, as a battle of hope and rebellion against tyranny, but the game's beauty makes it a must play on any platform.

Previous Matchups: Beat Professor Layton and the Last Specter (R1), Viewtiful Joe (S16), Okami (E8), Pikmin 3 (F4 - overtime)

Boom Blox: The involvement of Steven Speilberg may have been minimal, but the fun you'll have with Boom Blox is immeasurable. The first half of 2008 had so many great games for Wii, but Boom Blox stood out for its extremely accurate physics and puzzle gameplay not seen anywhere before, or since.

Previous Matchups: Beat Rhythm Heaven Fever (R1), WWF No Mercy (S16), Dragon Quest IX (E8), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (F4)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:48:03 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: NFRIT Grand Final: Beyond Good and Evil (4) v Boom Blox (5)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 03:02:47 AM »
I think Nietzsche was a dirty proto-Nazi, but I support Beyond Good and Evil.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
This isn't the finale I envisioned.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »
If someone would have told me that Boom Blox was going to make it to the end.  I would have laughed and then be sad.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
This will be interesting. I rooting for Beyond Good & Evil but will be fine if Boom Blox wins out.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
If someone would have told me that Boom Blox was going to make it to the end.  I would have laughed and then be sad.

I never thought for a second Boom Blox would be here either, yet when I look at the list of games it's beaten would rather play Boom Blox in almost every case. Not something you think of as being truly awesome... but it is undeniably fun to play, either alone or with a group of friends.

My vote went to Beyond Good and Evil because I really enjoyed that game and felt it was almost perfectly paced for the entire adventure. Yet if Boom Blox wins, that wouldn't be surprising or disappointing.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »
Beyond Good and Evil has gone beyond the impossible!

Congratulations to BG&E, and to Boom Blox for putting up a helluva fight in the finals.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:02 AM »
Now there are 2 people new on my list.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »
What is this?! Last I checked yesterday morning, Boom Blox was ahead 6 - 5. Then suddenly, it loses the vote 7-6 that night? I smell voter fraud. I demand a recount!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »
Yay, BG&E with some well deserved recognition. So was there ever any word on the sequel? I suppose Wii U exclusive with funding support from Nintendo is out of the question?  (Too bad - I'd prefer the BG&E sequel over Bayonetta 2 any day!)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 02:07:20 PM »
There was some leaked 'test footage' that was similar in looks but completely out of tone from the original. I think it is one of Ancel's babies that Ubi just won't commit resources to complete.

I could easily see Nintendo snatching Ancel and getting a spiritual sequel going.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast