Poll

Which is better?

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS, 2013)
4 (25%)
Boom Blox (Wii, 2008)
12 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 03, 2014, 10:20:29 PM

Author Topic: NFRIT Final Four: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3) v Boom Blox (5)  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The other Final Four matchup sees Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon take on Boom Blox in a matchup of games that slayed DS RPG giants. Can the explosive power of hurled bombs stop Luigi's train of pain?

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: The Year of Luigi may not have gone well for Nintendo, but it certainly started out with a bang. Next Level's interpretation of the Gamecube classic brought the game to portables without missing a beat, and finally let the man in green step out of his brother's shadow.

Previous Matchups: Beat 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (R1), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (S16), Radiant Historia (E8)

Boom Blox: The involvement of Steven Speilberg may have been minimal, but the fun you'll have with Boom Blox is immeasurable. The first half of 2008 had so many great games for Wii, but Boom Blox stood out for its extremely accurate physics and puzzle gameplay not seen anywhere before, or since.

Previous Matchups: Beat Rhythm Heaven Fever (R1), WWF No Mercy (S16), Dragon Quest IX (E8)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: NFRIT Final Four: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3) v Boom Blox (5)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »
"The involvement of Steven Speilberg may have been minimal, but the fun you'll have with Boom Blox is immeasurable. "

Very clever, and I say that in a non-facetious manner!

Anyway, I pick Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, by a hair! ...Or maybe... by a SCARE!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »
Ha ha ha. I actually voted and I love the result. This is the best forum game in awhile. Hats off to the rest of you forum users.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:27:25 PM »
Wow, the results shocked me.

Both are great games, but I voted Boom Blox because it's such a great use of the Wii technology (one of the best) and because it's a lot of fun either solo or with friends over. The diversity included in this game is just fantastic.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
I still believe this is one of the greatest drinking games ever...just be sure to use protection like wrist straps and wiimote condoms if you want your TV to last the night.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
I wasn't expecting this. Boom Blox is decent, but was ultimately disappointing, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks it's better than all these games it's been beating. Plus it also has a superior sequel.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:47:24 PM »
It's the Turbographix 16 box art that is keeping the sequel back.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast