Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1544601 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #4600 on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:32 AM »
The difference between the one Maxi found and mine is that i can see multiple films a day.

Ha ha ha. Oh boy. That isn't going to boost Ceric's self confidence aka someone else.

Still, thanks for the info. Yours is definitely a better pass. I am the sads now.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: April 01, 2014, 11:25:53 AM »
Contracted ....

This sounds like a full on Idiot plot.  Didn't she tell the doctor the location of the problem?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 01, 2014, 01:07:47 PM »
Contracted ....

This sounds like a full on Idiot plot.  Didn't she tell the doctor the location of the problem?

she was witholding information due to embarrassment. Which is understandable for someone not knowing what was happening at first, thinking that it couldn't happen to them and not wanting to jeopardize getting back with the ex (if you don't acknowledge the problem, it doesn't exist... plausible deniability or something)... but the minute some serious symptoms started showing, she should have been full disclosure out of panic and fear for her own life. So like I said, by the time it made it to the 2nd doctors visit, the movie had just gotten stupid. Before that it was semi-believable, but they chose to move away from making a message and playing on the horrors of that, which would have made it a better movie, and instead decided to turn it into a monster movie.

The Raid 2 - BRUTAL. If the first one was aggressive, this one turned everything so far up to 11 my mouth was just stuck open. The final 1-on-1 battle was so intense that the audience actually started applauding. There was a fair bit of shakycam in this, but unlike The Hunger Games this was implying carnage rather than to hide things. Absolutely a definite watch. Insane.

My Day at the movies will be so good this weekend if I can fit this in after Captain America and possibly another movie after that (Ride Along and/or Non-Stop maybe). Of course it's too early in the week for me to plot out my Sunday though... :/

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: April 01, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »
Grand Hotel Budapest:
This movie (like probably all Wes Anderson's movies) is one trick pony. "Look! Quirky! Laugh!". Some of humour is kinda forced.

It's like Tarsem's movies: visuals are the best parts. Every frame is made to look like a photo, or painting and audience is given enough time each time to eyeball all the quirky (look!) details that were put on each scene.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:34 AM »
Captain America is out this week for everyone in the USA.

BNM about two thirds in the film you should catch the POI reference, and then you'll be sad that Root is missing and she won't come in dual-wielding and tear up the place

But more importantly, go see Under The Skin (also out this week). If Scarlett plays the Black Widow in the Marvel universe, she is a black widow in this film. Khush may like this one. Although the scottish accents may throw you all.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:39:51 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
Khush may like this one.

Ha ha ha! Why am I suddenly being selected for movie recommendations? I adore it, of course, but it is strange that this is happening all of sudden. But truth be told, when I heard about this movie a couple weeks, I was kind of intrigued by it so you were probably right to single me out for the recommendation. I still need to see The Lego Movie and Grand Budapest Hotel though. I'm kind of interested in Non-stop but may wait for it on video and am still undecided on whether to check out Divergent or not so that's what's going on with me and movies currently playing.

As for upcoming films, the only one I'm actually interested in seeing for the month is Draft Day which is odd since I'm not a big football fan and it doesn't look like anything special but I really did like the trailer for it unlike Million Dollar Arm which told me the whole movie in the trailer. I mean, seriously? What is there left to see in the actual film? I'd have probably chosen M.D.A. over D.D. simply with prefering Hamm over Costner but at least D.D. knew to just give you the set-up and not the ending. Plus, I do think the pressures a general manager faces are more interesting than that of an agent trying to land a client or put them in the big leagues so it does have that going for it. Otherwise, there's nothing that I'd want to go to the theatre to see until Spiderman 2 and I'm not even that excited for it but 2014 is looking to be a pretty weak year for films at the moment. Oh well, I've still got a lot of older classics I can watch in the meantime.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #4606 on: April 04, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
I don't watch many movies anymore, time, money, lack of interest, fear/loathing of teenagers... I did see Robocop remake when it was fairly new and it was so so. I think it needed to stand on it's own and it had a good cast, a good premise and a pretty good set up but in the end it felt like it was just trying too hard to be different and then leaving out the important stuff. It had a few moments but that was it, nothing that stood out as epic as the original. Sure the original is dated but so is Star Wars and it's still a great movie. I would give it a 3 out of five, didn't hate it didn't like it.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: April 04, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »
You must be a pretty sad individual if you're afraid of someone like me.

« Reply #4608 on: April 04, 2014, 05:23:58 PM »
You must be a pretty sad individual if you're afraid of someone like me.

it was a joke mostly but even still when you get older you will understand.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: April 04, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »
I stayed away from the theater for YEARS due to the younger crowd.
I was afraid I might go to jail for putting some young inconsiderate punk in his place... like I've almost had to do on so many occasions.

Such as one time when some kids a few rows up started throwing skittles down to the rows below them... one landed in front of me.  I turned around and they ducked like I couldn't see them, another one landed near me, so I picked it up, stood up, took a few steps near them and told them if they didn't stop throwing skittles... [insert threat here]. They threw one more, but it was no where near me. I yelled something at them, a bunch of people around me then said thank you.

another time I had to yell at some kids down near the front for talking loudly and making stupid noises. people kept shhhh'ing them, but they would just keep on going to the point where you could no longer enjoy the movie. So I stood up, yelled something threatening at them, everyone on the theater started applauding and the kids shut the fock up.

I stopped going to the theater for years after that.
Now I have my occasional Sunday trips, which are nice because almost no one is there.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: April 04, 2014, 06:41:53 PM »
I never understand why the **** people never, you know, tell the fucking management. That's what they are there for, not to sit around for two hours while you watch a movie. You will do nothing by telling them to **** off, and most likely make it worse. If you're gonna miss part of the movie anyway by confronting them, just leave the room and tell someone. Then, they get kicked out for good and you can relax. Not to mention, all you are doing is being even MORE disruptive by retaliating in a stupid way.

For someone that seems to watch a lot of movies in your spare time, you don't seem to know how to handle them. I go to movies once a month and when I get fuckers like that, I get them kicked the **** out of the place. Better than trying to "be a man" and tell them shush.

ok

No, I won't. I'll probably be even less scared of them when I get older. You were that age once, you should know how to handle them.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:46:02 PM by Oblivion »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: April 04, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »
I'm not gonna miss part of the movie or draw unneeded attention to myself by the staff. I'm a big black man, intimidation works well enough to quiet disrespectful punks. I'll even put a parent in check if they let their kids act up in the movie.
I'm not trying to get them banned from the theater, just want them to shut up and sit still while I'm trying to watch my movie. If that is too much for them to handle, then wait till it comes out on DVD and watch it at home.

« Reply #4612 on: April 05, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »
I never understand why the **** people never, you know, tell the fucking management. That's what they are there for, not to sit around for two hours while you watch a movie. You will do nothing by telling them to **** off, and most likely make it worse. If you're gonna miss part of the movie anyway by confronting them, just leave the room and tell someone. Then, they get kicked out for good and you can relax. Not to mention, all you are doing is being even MORE disruptive by retaliating in a stupid way.

For someone that seems to watch a lot of movies in your spare time, you don't seem to know how to handle them. I go to movies once a month and when I get fuckers like that, I get them kicked the **** out of the place. Better than trying to "be a man" and tell them shush.

ok

No, I won't. I'll probably be even less scared of them when I get older. You were that age once, you should know how to handle them.

Who said I was scared of them I said I hate teenagers, big difference. Yes you will understand when you are older, it is something we all go through it is called growing up but you still got some of that to do so no hard feelings. But since you are a teenager obviously your still in that phase of your life so there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise, yes I was a teenager once and I am so glad I am past that phase in life, like most adults.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: April 05, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »
I'm not gonna miss part of the movie or draw unneeded attention to myself by the staff. I'm a big black man, intimidation works well enough to quiet disrespectful punks. I'll even put a parent in check if they let their kids act up in the movie.
I'm not trying to get them banned from the theater, just want them to shut up and sit still while I'm trying to watch my movie. If that is too much for them to handle, then wait till it comes out on DVD and watch it at home.

Have you ever listened to 'The Mens Room'? It's a local Seattle radio show (you can stream it or download the podcast online, 99.9 KISW) and one of the guys is a black guy named Thrill. I always picture you sounding and looking like him because he seems to have a similar demeanor and humor to you. Except I can hear him and only read your posts.

It's funny when a white caller accuses them of being 'racist white men' for making comments about black folk and Thrill responds "You do know I'm black, right? I'm talking about my family there."
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: April 05, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »
I'm actually a really nice guy, and I'm not confrontational at all, but some situations require someone to stand up and say something (it doesn't have to be a threat, it just needs to sound threatening), and in 9/10 cases, the offender knows they are in the wrong, sees who they would be standing up against, and decided to not push their luck.

Ask Insanolord, he sat next to me at E3 2011.

and to answer your question, No, I haven't heard of that show, and no, I have never listened to any podcast.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: April 05, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »
... no, I have never listened to any podcast.
I have da Sads.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: April 05, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
In Florida, texting in a theater will get you murdered, even if it's only during the previews.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: April 05, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »
I'm actually a really nice guy, and I'm not confrontational at all, but some situations require someone to stand up and say something (it doesn't have to be a threat, it just needs to sound threatening), and in 9/10 cases, the offender knows they are in the wrong, sees who they would be standing up against, and decided to not push their luck.

and to answer your question, No, I haven't heard of that show, and no, I have never listened to any podcast.

Believe me, I mean absolutely no offense by this, but you weren't what I was expecting. You definitely play up your forum persona.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: April 05, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

Believe me, I mean absolutely no offense by this, but you weren't what I was expecting. You definitely play up your forum persona.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, so no offense taken I guess.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: April 05, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »
I guess I was just expecting a more boisterous kind of personality like you generally show in the forums. It may just have been the time of day; I know I personally was barely awake at that point.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4620 on: April 05, 2014, 11:11:26 PM »
The Grand Budapest Hotel

I liked this movie.  I thought the story was charming and fun.  A lot of major plot details are given away by the movie itself, so you're never riding on suspense.  The bulk of the movie not being widescreen was weird, but I think I got used to it.  Characters were all likeable.  As an aside, I try not to watch Wes Anderson movies in the context of Wes Anderson movies, but in the context of movies in general.  Yeah, the movie is deliberately quirky, but the last movie I saw wasn't.  Anyway, some of the jokes were definitely forced, but the ones that hit were great.  The movie filled me with much delight.

8/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: April 06, 2014, 01:15:34 AM »

ok

Who said I was scared of them I said I hate teenagers, big difference. Yes you will understand when you are older, it is something we all go through it is called growing up but you still got some of that to do so no hard feelings. But since you are a teenager obviously your still in that phase of your life so there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise, yes I was a teenager once and I am so glad I am past that phase in life, like most adults.

Do you not read your own posts? You said you feared them, not me.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: April 06, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
Captain America The Winter Soldier - 9/10

Simply put, this is the best written Marvel superhero movie there is. I'm glad I didn't read any previews, or have that many Captain America comics, so I was actually out of the loop when the reveal is made - even though the reveal is known by anyone who has read the comics or anything about the movie before it was released. There is no Coulson in it, so I assume they haven't revealed how he's still alive in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (never seen it) yet. This just about makes up for Iron Man 2 and 3 though, highly recommended.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: April 06, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »
I still think Iron Man is superior, but I doubt anything in the future of Marvel Studios' films will ever live up to Iron Man.

I love how a certain plot twist in the movie pretty much made every single movie in the series before it even better, and explained certain characters in those movies. Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk come to mind.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: April 06, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
Iron Man is probably more fun to watch, but Winter Soldier is a more well-written movie. Hence, why I call it "best written."