Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 761750 times)

Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1500 on: January 20, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »
Picked up Teslagrad from the eshop's indie sale. It looks very interesting. Has anyone here played it?
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 20, 2015, 10:49:03 PM »
I also bought it in the indie sale, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 20, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
^ well duh, people prefer buying games over playing them.

Playing games?.. Pftt... Aint nobody got time for this!

;d
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 21, 2015, 02:04:40 AM »
The first thread's also about twice as old as the second. Though maybe that's just because nobody got around to playing any of the games from the first thread for a year and a half. Given my history that's very plausible.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 27, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
Of course I bought Grim Fandango Remastered.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

« Reply #1505 on: January 29, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »
quick question, I thought someone said Metroid Prime Trilogy was supposed to be for sale on Wii U today did I miss something or do they release games latter in the day?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 29, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
quick question, I thought someone said Metroid Prime Trilogy was supposed to be for sale on Wii U today did I miss something or do they release games latter in the day?

I think they go up at (roughly) 9am Pacific time... so still a couple hours away.  I'm also keen to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U though, so that I can keep the disc safely in a case on my shelf.  One of very few games I'm interested in doing that with.

Recent shopping spree:
* Rubik's World (DS) - For $2, having a (licensed) digital Rubik's Cube with assorted mini games seemed kind of cool. Played the Wii game before so knew roughly what it would be like.  Pretty happy with this find.
* We Love Golf! (Wii) - Another $2 purchase. A co-worker used to swear this was a great game, so finally decided to give it a shot.
* Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U) - Marked down to $12 new at EB Games; impulse buy that I might regret because it's not really my type of game.
* Scooby-Doo and the Spooky Swamp (Wii) - My kids like Scooby-Doo and I've heard it's not a half bad game. We'll give it a shot together and find out.
* Batman The Brave and the Bold (Wii) - Purchased because the TV series is cute and I really like the art that WayForward puts together. Is the DS version worth getting too? Apparently they link up to let you play as Bat Mite...
* Driift Mania (WiiWare) - Remembered this WiiWare game thanks to a recent review (for a different, but similar game) here at NWR, and went back to buy it instead.

Not a bad week for just over $50 all told. And that's in worthless Canadian dollars - so about the cost of a can of Coke if you are using real monies.  (Slight exaggeration?)  Didn't really have this much in my budget, but it's been a lousy week so I'm calling it retail therapy.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »
The first thread's also about twice as old as the second. Though maybe that's just because nobody got around to playing any of the games from the first thread for a year and a half. Given my history that's very plausible.

I also find it harder to talk about what I'm playing. You have to put some effort into those posts, almost like mini-reviews, to make them worthwhile.  Just posting a list of what games I'm playing seems less... useful?  As if any of the stuff here is useful either... hahaha!

Anyway, listing games that have been purchased recently is generally a mindless exercise and it's fun to see what other people are buying too, hearing about what deals they find or if there is a game they are interested in trying.

Or it could be because the person who started this thread is just inherently more awesome. There's always that possibility.

« Reply #1508 on: January 29, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »
I buy way more games than I play so others might be the same.

Grabbed Punch Out Wii before it expired and grabbed Metroid Prime Trilogy just now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:22:41 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 29, 2015, 05:10:45 PM »
I buy them knowing someday, somewhere, I will play them. Probably when I retire and begin my youtube account where I troll nerds by using my retirement savings to buy rare collectibles unopened and then do unboxing vids of me doing these activities.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »
I buy them knowing someday, somewhere, I will play them. Probably when I retire and begin my youtube account where I troll nerds by using my retirement savings to buy rare collectibles unopened and then do unboxing vids of me doing these activities.
Believe it or not, I was actually considering making a video where I opened my sealed DS games like Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Dragon Quest IV just to spite collectors.

« Reply #1511 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »
I had a plan of doing that with a bunch of G1 Transformers figures, but then I realized I will never be that wealthy.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 29, 2015, 08:38:39 PM »
Never say never. It can be done. Finish school, live on a written monthly budget and don't spend more than you make while putting away 15% of your income will easily get you to millionaire status by retirement. Investing the average American car payment ($464) into good growth stock mutual funds for 15-20 years will make you a multimillionaire.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 30, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »
Sticking with a budget be hard in real life.  I'm having a terrible time getting my debt paid off.  Its worse that I'm married where there is essentially 2 other independent characters with access to the are common money pool that I have no real direct control over.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 30, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »
It is hard but well worth it. What worked for us was building the budget together and agreeing on the terms before the month started. We then dolled out the cash to specific enveloped labeled for their used. I had one for my play-money and she had one for hers. Once that was gone that was it until next month. It does take agreed participation from both parties and that is the toughest part of the equation.
My Game Collection

« Reply #1515 on: January 30, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
If I won the lottery I would go on ebay buy all sealed toys and collectibles and then a month latter make a youtube video of me opening them and handing them out to under privileged kids. If I have to spend my own hard earned money then forget about it not gonna happen.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 01, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »

Lucario, Rosalina, Sheik, Toon Link, Bowser and Love Potion Pop Fizz.  All before noon!  Yay!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1517 on: February 01, 2015, 05:21:48 PM »

* We Love Golf! (Wii) - Another $2 purchase. A co-worker used to swear this was a great game, so finally decided to give it a shot.

Oh my God, it is! Great price for that game! It's like Mario Golf, but without the Mushroom Kingdom characters and only the generic human characters. The courses are well designed, unlockable Capcom costumes are awesome (though two of them were tied to online), the controls are solid (though you don't swing in the traditional sense with the Wii Remote), and the music is fantastic!

Lucario, Rosalina, Sheik, Toon Link, Bowser and Love Potion y!

Oh wow!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:24:35 PM by Phil »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 01, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »

.. the controls are solid (though you don't swing in the traditional sense with the Wii Remote), ...

Yeah, this was the reason I skipped it initially - who would want a Wii golf game that doesn't use motion controls?
(Not entirely joking. I still prefer motion controls when good to the traditional video game golf. But there is clearly room for both.)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 02, 2015, 02:50:46 AM »
Went to Target today and snagged a Rosalina for myself. I was tempted to get one for me since I like the character but decided against it. Looks like they are trying to thwart scalpers as well. Woman said she could "check the back" but asked how many I wanted. I said just one and she came back with one. I wonder if keeping them in the back helps stop scalpers. Maybe they also have a limit per customer.

I have not received my call from Gamestop about my Ike and Shulk being in so I'll have to call them tomorrow.
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1520 on: February 02, 2015, 10:09:11 PM »
Are Rosalina Amiibo still in stock at stores, you think?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 02, 2015, 10:12:11 PM »
Give it a shot. Be sure to ask for them because they could still be hiding them from scalpers.

Gamestop told me that they are not receiving their stock of Wave 3 until the 14th and 21st. But Bowser came early among a few others. Should I keep looking? I'm trying to snag Toon Link and Shiek for my sister.

We decided to just pre-order all of Wave 4 on Gamestop when it becomes available. This will remove any issues for her finding them.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 03, 2015, 09:17:50 AM »
I bought a 64GB card for my New 3DS when it comes in.  I also got a USB 3.0 Micro SD Card Reader.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 03, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »
I also got a USB 3.0 Micro SD Card Reader.
Do you realize you that don't really need it with n3DS that can work as a network share through wifi?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:21 AM »
I needed it for other reasons.